T Nation

How Big Do You Want to Get?

I am posting this in THIS section, because people are using steroids to get bigger, and to get to a certain degree of muscularity, you have to. I would not mind at all looking like Mr. Ronnie Coleman, a shorter version that is. I think he looks great, except for the HGH belly.

What do you guys want to achieve in your life time? Do you plan being on all the time in order to do it, aka blast and cruise cycles? Also, what do your wives\girlfriends think of people as big as Cutler and Coleman, disgusting or attractive?

You may get more replies in The GAL forum, there are people who do not use steroids that also want to get big.

I’ll post…

I am not looking to look anywhere near coleman but have a strong physique. I enjoy working out and accomplishing short term goals I set for myself.

The lady doesnt necessarily care for Coleman’s look. Though I do have a fair amount of vascularity from all the drol. And she loves it.

bmc

hmmm, quite an awkward one to answer. As a bodybuilder i am always striving to make more gains, grow more, get more from a workout, a supplement, a drug or a food, yet at the same time, i have neither the will or the genetic potential to become Jay Cutler, im more a fan of the classic physique anyway.

Bodybuilding has bettered and brought order to my life, the routine, the determination etc.
Following a convo with Bushy about 6 months ago i decided to begin TRT (self administered) reason being the quality of life you enjoy while being ‘on’. Controlled and diminished cortisol levels, i.e less worry and stress, improved immune response and muscle recovery while using a very low dose of testosterone.

So to cap off, alot use steroids not just as a means of trying to look like Cutler or Dorian Yates, but as a means of improving their lives - of course muscular development always comes into it.

As far as women go, i havent met one yet who likes the physique of a current pro - but as long as their bouncing in my lap i couldnt care less haha

[quote]testanabol wrote:
hmmm, quite an awkward one to answer. As a bodybuilder i am always striving to make more gains, grow more, get more from a workout, a supplement, a drug or a food, yet at the same time, i have neither the will or the genetic potential to become Jay Cutler, im more a fan of the classic physique anyway.

Bodybuilding has bettered and brought order to my life, the routine, the determination etc.
Following a convo with Bushy about 6 months ago i decided to begin TRT (self administered) reason being the quality of life you enjoy while being ‘on’. Controlled and diminished cortisol levels, i.e less worry and stress, improved immune response and muscle recovery while using a very low dose of testosterone.

So to cap off, alot use steroids not just as a means of trying to look like Cutler or Dorian Yates, but as a means of improving their lives - of course muscular development always comes into it.

As far as women go, i havent met one yet who likes the physique of a current pro - but as long as their bouncing in my lap i couldnt care less haha[/quote]

As a current TRT & HGH man myself I would agree with all of the above

My ideal size has changed considerably during my years of training. Currently I feel that 250lbs at about 10% would be ideal. I am probably 1 bulking cycle away from that. But honestly I would have to reach about 260 before I would be able to discontinue my AAS use and maintain 250.

My fiancee says that I am too big right now, but when she met me I was only about 205. As long as I keep my weight lean women generally appreciate it. But I have never had the vascularity and cuts of a pro.

I would like to be as close to the pros in size as possible, but at the same i’d like my dosage to be as sain as possible…

I think my genetic can allow me to get to 280lbs for 6’3

As far as chicks are concerned yesthey love beef cakes i.e chippen dales dancers!

When they see a bber he’s ripped to the core veiny striated to the tee they look and say gross!

On the other hand the same bber could stay the same size just not be in contest form and knock the bitches out!

Minus all the veins striations that is what i believe the ladies find non attractive.

On the other hand they love all the beef you know the jock,or dancer look i.e beef cake.

How big do i want to get.

Well at 5’7" 240-250 10-12% b.f is my goal i would be satisfied with that.

I also have an addictive personality when it comes to building muscle.

I would have to say as big as humanly possibly!

THE JUDGE

My goal now isn’t so much size as to get leaner, stronger, and faster.

I am currently about 230lbs at 17%bf.

I would like to eventually get to 235-240lbs at <10%bf.

Ive had a goal for years to be about 230lbs @ 8%.

I do belive I would even be content at around 225 as well being rather lean.

I don’t want to get any heavier, just a little leaner. I’m currently 6’3, 254lbs at 10% bf and would like to stay around 250 but at 6-8% bf so I’m getting close. Just a little more strength added to my lifts and a little tighter on the diet should work.

I can’t see why people have aspirations to look like Cutler or Coleman. If you don’t have the genetics you’re just setting yourself up for failure and unrealistic expectations.

I can see if you are already 5’8 and a lean 230 plus but most of these people are 50lbs below that. I have no problem with people setting goals but why you worry about getting to 200lbs first before thinking about 250.

I go back and forth on the issue. I am 275-280 now. Sometimes, I think I should fill out my weight class (308s) shoot for 300-310. That said, I have to question my own logic of wanting to weigh 10 lbs more just to put 50 lbs more on my total.

I’m completely natural, will likely stay that way, but I’d not want to get to be bigger than about 210 w/ a touch under 10% bf.

Not because I don’t appreciate some of the ultra ripped physiques, but because with my lifestyle/line of work it’s an unrealistic goal for me.

240-250 solid with an 8pac down to my nutts :open_mouth:

Now at 48 yrs old, 225lbs, 5’7" I don’t care to get any bigger. Tree trunk legs, barn door lats, horseshoe tri’s bowling ball bi’s, 20" arms. I was a hard but smooth 235lbs when I powerlifted. Now I have very good vasularity in my shoulders, triceps and legs. I don’t know what my bf is but I have a noticable six pack. I feel better when I’m lighter so I wouldn’t mind droppin 5 more lbs and rippin up a bit more. My cycles are very moderate and I keep a low level of T in me at all times. I feel great, better than I have in years.

I’m 6"3 and 240lbs at 17%.

Want to get into 220ish with 10-12% BF right now. Long term I want to get to 250lbs at 8% i could get bigger i dont know as big as possible for my genetics i would aim for. Im happy with 10-13% BF for long term maintenance. My genetics will never allow me to be super lean so 8% i would be happy with as my leanest.

A cutler or ronnie physique i wouldn’t want that. A toney freeman or phil heath physique is what i would aim for long long term. I have toney freemans frame with very small joints and long arms and legs now its just a matter of filling out that frame.

Fankhouser’s legs, and McGraths upper body…in two years time…

[quote]Dopamineloveaffa wrote:
I don’t want to get any heavier, just a little leaner. I’m currently 6’3, 254lbs at 10% bf and would like to stay around 250 but at 6-8% bf so I’m getting close. Just a little more strength added to my lifts and a little tighter on the diet should work.

I can’t see why people have aspirations to look like Cutler or Coleman. If you don’t have the genetics you’re just setting yourself up for failure and unrealistic expectations.

I can see if you are already 5’8 and a lean 230 plus but most of these people are 50lbs below that. I have no problem with people setting goals but why you worry about getting to 200lbs first before thinking about 250.[/quote]

Haha, I was 225 with around 17% bodyfat and that was only in just under 4 years of lifting. I am only 20, 21 in a 2 weeks. I am just damn sure I have the genetics to do it, but would also need to use HGH, and I just don’t have the wallet for that. I am 213 lbs atm, trying to get down to 205, then start a cycle. I know I am young, and I understand the potential risks I take doing this. Still don’t know when my cycle will start though, haven’t bought anything yet due to supply issues.

Sometimes i think all this…

bulking and cutting/supplementing/AAS/constant training and for what to just be big? We don’t get paid for it… we don’t get promoted or get better jobs, its just stress for nothing.

But then i still do it anyway because i want to be big and lean its more important to me than anything else in this world. That might sound narcissistic but its true as bodybuilders we are all narcissistic to some degree whether we want to admit it or not.