How Bad is This Deadlift?

More just polling everyone to get an idea really. I consider myself a reasonably good deadlifter for a guy who’s been at it for a couple of years, with much room for improvement.

The first single is decent enough by my standards at that weight, which at 528 lbs is around 95% of my max. The second single is arguably the ugliest I have ever pulled, the third I suppose acceptable considering I was tired by this stage.

So, how bad is that second, or any other for that matter?

First and third looked good. Second one was ugly.

It looks good except for the second. What happened there? It seems like the hamstrings were the culprit but the other reps were much better so it’s not really a concern.

[quote]lift206 wrote:
It looks good except for the second. What happened there? It seems like the hamstrings were the culprit but the other reps were much better so it’s not really a concern.[/quote]

Lost tension in my midsection and my middle and upper back were tired from benching earlier.

I’ve done heavy bench and DL on the same day for a while now and didn’t think it’d be a problem until my bench was actually good but it appears that now my bench has merely moved from shit to suck I need to split the two. Which I will do from now.

Thanks for the concurring input guys. It helps. I was a bit worried even one and three were off.

2 out of 3 ain’t bad !

I’d say the second one was a miss rather than ugly but shut happens. No biggie. Very nice pulls overall.

Looked reallly bad man… no just kidding those were fine but its good to be extra critical sometimes. Outside of a fluke on your second your reps are very consistent. Really get those hips through at the top maybe try adding in dimmel deadlifts on your squat day they helped me in the past.

[quote]cparker wrote:
Looked reallly bad man… no just kidding those were fine but its good to be extra critical sometimes. Outside of a fluke on your second your reps are very consistent. Really get those hips through at the top maybe try adding in dimmel deadlifts on your squat day they helped me in the past.[/quote]

Thanks! I try to walk the line between too critical and not critical enough.

I’ll give dimels a try. I’ve got a ton of good mornings lined up for next cycle too, and high box squats which in the past have helped my hip strength a bunch.