How Bad is Soy?!

Ok so is Soy really as bad as it sounds? I read the Soy is Still Bad Protein Article and it’s pretty convincing. A lot of multivitamins and protein powders have soy in it, so how do I know how much is too much? Or is soy bad? period?

Well. Common sense bro. A little is not gonna turn you into a little bitchy whore with sagging tits lol One thing is drinking a small cup of soya milk every now and then, and another is drinking a gallon of soya milk a day ‘for bulking’. Just try not over do it. Don’t waste your time on such an issue…avoid soya most of the time that’s all.

Edit: I bet the girl in my avatar used the Squats + Soya Milk protocol

Word. I feel like I just got bitch slapped a little. Makes sense.

Looks like she also uses some pole. Nice.

I wouldn’t rely on it as my main protein source but a few grams here and there won’t make you grow tits. I’m very fond of the girly soy joy bars.

You may, in retrospect in your later years, be adding that to your list of Things I Wish I Never Said.

:wink:

I have no idea whats going on in this thread because of Bicep_craze’s avatar. Huh?

Me Bill?

Yes (the Soy Joy admission)

Is a man enjoying a little snack bar targeted for women so wrong?

[quote]elusive wrote:
I have no idea whats going on in this thread because of Bicep_craze’s avatar. Huh?[/quote]

Hehehehehhe

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Is a man enjoying a little snack bar targetted for women so wrong? [/quote]

GHEYY!!

nah kidding, it’s ok.

cough ghey cough

:stuck_out_tongue:

ehhhh I used to love some biscuits with soya…damn I still eat 1 once in a while lol

If its fermented (like Miso) a lot of the xeno-estrogenic compounds are removed, as I understand it.

I think in its natural form (edamame, tofu, etc) its pretty safe too. When its heavily processed, as it tends to be in most boxed grocery store foods, these compounds pose more of a problem.

What I would eat- soy sauce, miso, tempura, vitamins.

Probably alright to eat once in a while but I wouldn’t eat every day- soy milk, soy hot dogs, soy hamburger patties, soy sausage, etc.

Here’s some info;

unfermented soy contains lots of anti-nutrients. like lectins, tannins, phytic acid, and other protease inhibitors. The phytoestrogens may or may not be bad, who knows?

Also, someone correct me if they know more, but I believe there is a specific protein found in soy which has feminizing effects- I can’t remember what it’s called or it’s mechanism of action. Asians don’t eat that much soy either, and it’s always fermented.

They also plant soy to help replenish the soil with nitrogen; what they don’t harvest they just till into the soil. soy is not good food. period.

BUT IT’S CHEAP!

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:
If its fermented (like Miso) a lot of the xeno-estrogenic compounds are removed, as I understand it.

This is very true… Only buy fermented…

It is pretty well the most highly modified food on the planet so I would just try to avoid it altogether… IMO.