How Bad Is Post Cycle Depression?

Hi, I’m considering first ever cycle for 14 weeks w/Cypionate 250/week. How bad and how long post cycle depression can be ? If we were to compare depression during the withdrawal after a month long opiate habit or two week amphetamine binge withdrawal, what’s worse ?

jesus christ, it’s barely even a thing. Clomid can make people a little emotional, but it’s nothing. Certainly not comparable to going cold turkey!

Where do people get this shit?

Yeah that’s how I end up blowing guys in the back alley for tren at 3am.

[quote]dt79 wrote:
Yeah that’s how I end up blowing guys in the back alley for tren at 3am.
[/quote]

Damn…no cycles for me then.

It can get pretty bad. I’m dealing with it as we speak. I ran Test E at 500 mg per week for 10 weeks and a 20/20/20/20 Tamoxifen PCT. PCT was ROUGH and 2 weeks after I’m depressed as all hell. Hard to get out of bed, loss of interest, trouble sleeping, and just feeling like a black hole 24/7.

The problem with gear is it’s a case by case basis. Some people do fine after a cycle others don’t. I’m in recovery and frankly shouldn’t have gone near this stuff but the damage is done. I’ve kicked heroin, Xanax etc. It’s not too far off in terms of withdrawal. It can get BAD. If you have a history of substance abuse, stay the fuck away.

The best advice if you do pursue a cycle and want to avoid a severe crash after a cycle is start your dosage small and keep your cycle to 12 weeks max on a long ester like cypionate . Feel it out and see how you react. If your hyper sensitive to it you’ll know, trust me. The bigger you go, the harder you fall. Stay safe brotha.

How long after last injection did you start taking nolva? Why only 20/20/20/20 instead of 40 for first two weeks?
How long has it been since you finished PCT?

2 weeks after last pin. I was told that 20/20/20/20 would suffice for 500 mg a week and considering how hard the Nolva sides hit me I wasn’t willing to take more than 20 mg a day. It’s been a little over 2 weeks since PCT ended.

How is your diet and training holding up?
If you haven’t already: get a jug of veggie greens powder, maca root powder, tongkat & fenugreek and make protien shakes with it daily. (5g dose of each powder) Keep training hard, get some fresh air and eat good.

Bodybuilding.com has a natural PCT supplement called estrodex that is affordable and i found it very effective / therapeutic for use after nolva protocol is finished.

Also, 5htp and St.johns wort might be worth using to offset your psychological sides.

If you are prone to depression then you will prob feel depressed post cycle. Otherwise you will just have a lack of energy and lose some gains while your test is crashed. It is important to keep training and eating good through this stage. It is easy to slack off post cycle when your energy is low.

You started PCT too early and were still riding the Testosterone high while thinking you’re in PCT. Your PCT did nothing and when it finished, so did the exogenous testosterone in your blood, leaving you with no SERM and no testosterone. This would have anyone depressed. @hardway1992

SB

1 Like

Ok so what would you have done instead?

Training and diet are still dialed in. No matter how shitty I felt I still got to the gym 4-6 times a week and ate clean. Volume decreased and lost a little bit of strength, but other than that trained as hard as I possibly could. I’ll definitely look into those supplements. I’m taking 5htp and vitamin b6 to jump start my serotonin which I believe to be the root cause of the problem. Thanks for the recommendations it’s much appreciated.

1 Like

2-3 weeks wait time, and 40/40/20/20 is kind of the standard. Although it seems as though many guys are leaning more towards the 3 week wait time these days. Maybe you hit the perfect storm of truly needing 3 weeks, AND you ran a lower dose of nolva and just got screwed both ways. I almost wonder if your side effects you thought were from Nolva, but rather just your hormonal changes hitting you hard.

Singh is super good with this stuff, he will chime back in.

I’ve been tempted to wait 3 full weeks after reading some of Singh’s posts. However I’ve had two great recoveries when I’ve started at ~16/17 days so will continue to just do that as it’s worked for me personally.

Personally, I would have run an oral starting my last week of pinning and run that for 3 weeks past my last pin while Enanthate clears, then discontinue the oral and start PCT next day. For me, that would provide some mental benefit and I wouldn’t be “on” any longer than if I had just waited for the injectables to clear without the orals.

I think it’s always good to err on the side of caution when it comes to PCT, its such a sensitive time, why would you not just wait the extra 1 or 2 weeks and ensure your PCT works. @hardway1992

@aaronca You seem to be quite learned on how your own body responds and how quickly it clears the drugs from your system, and thats key to a good PCT. So if that many days has worked for you, great keep it up. Remember however clearance times arn’t linear and with AAS, what works now may not work in a years time so it’s always good to adjust when needed. I’m sure with your knowledge, you will be fine.

SB

Rookie mistake I guess. It was my first legitimate cycle aside from dabbling with test suspension. I heard from a few different people that have significant experience with AAS that 2 weeks was long enough.

So any suggestions from here on out? Or am I screwed and I just have to ride it out until I’m back to normal.

It may have just been luck in all honesty, and I still take a month or two after pct to fully feel better. So 3 weeks could in theory speed that process up. Would the fact that I ran 10 week cycles have a big enough effect on saturation levels to make it clear slightly quicker?

I’m running anavar now, and will up until pct. but I’m already stretching it at 50mg daily for 7 weeks. If I waited to pct an extra week, I’d be on for 8 weeks.

If something like Test E or C has a practical half life of about 7-8 days (say a week), and you are on 500 mg a week, you would have the following levels after stopping.

1 week after pin - concentration equivalence to pinning 250 mg.

2 week after pin - concentration equivalence to pinning 125 mg. This puts most at the top of natural levels of test.

3 week after pin - concentration equivalence to pinning 62.5 mg. Probably about natural levels (your pituitary is probably not all that motivated to start making LH and FSH at these levels)

4 week after pin - concentration equivalence to pinning 31.25 mg. Your body should be thinking it needs more test here.

To me at least it seems like the body is not going to want to up LH and FSH at week 2. Maybe a bit with Nolva or Clomid, but essentially not at all naturally.

2 Likes

Hey what’s going on here ? This is Vistrel’s thread . . . totally hijacked.

Vistrel if you’re worried about your reaction then why not just plan for a short 8 week cycle, in and out real quick, 3 weeks before pct and I like Singhbuilders suggestion of using an oral (non aromatising like anavar) to bridge the gap. You’ll probably feel a lot more confident about coming off a quick cycle and so what if the gains are limited. You’re a natty anyway, so you’ll probably have blown up so much by week 8 you’ll want to be off. … . . maybe also up the dose to 300 ?

Are you aware you are responding to a thread that is 4yrs old? Pretty sure he wont mind.

1 Like