How Bad Is Muscle Milk RTD?

i am reading a lot of negative stuff about muscle milk on here.
i had it once a long time ago and now again 2 days ago just before my workout…the RTD version…and i must say it gave me an extreme kick of energy. what is in there that does that?

i had a great workout that day… this never happens with my regular whey shake before my workouts.
so, is muscle milk RTD really bad for you or is it ok ?

there’s nothing magical in it.

some “good” fats, slow digesting protein, etc.

the bad reviews are more about the powdered version that used glycocyamine since it raises homocysteine levels, which can be an indicator for future heart problems.

I believe the new powder doesn’t contain it, but not positive.

the past 2 “generations” of the powder have not contained glycocyamine. they have also added fiber and reduced the amount of fat in the most recent formulations. get one of the ones with fiber and you’re fine. just remember it’s a meal replacement product not a pure protein powder, it has about 10 carbs, 12 fat and 34 protein/serving.

the RTDs have some weird ingredients that sound like chemical wonders so i avoid them, they are also kind of a rip off in terms of price, but nutritionally they are nothing to worry about i don’t think

LOL you had a magical w/o due to the fact you took in a TON of calories compares to your usual Whey Shake. A crap load of fats and and some carbs not just Protein.

Try doing the same thing but use a serving or even a Half serving of Surge or that type of drink pre w/o. Many of the best w/o’s I have had I used that protocol.

You really get a heck of an energy boost and unlike the slower digested proteins in Muscle Milk you blood amino acid levels will raise to a nice HIGH level fast prior to and during your w/o

Not that muscle milk in general is BAD, just there are better choices pre and during your w/o

Phill

I use the new Muscle Milk Powder, works great and since I am in a bulking phase the extra calories are a plus! And it tastes awesome.
I want to try Surge next go round.
I’ve eard great things about it.

muscle milk tastes better than any other bodybuilding product i’ve tried, but something like Surge would definitely be better pre/post workout since muscle milk has fat, fiber and some slow-digesting protein.

[quote]Tagio wrote:
muscle milk tastes better than any other bodybuilding product i’ve tried, but something like Surge would definitely be better pre/post workout since muscle milk has fat, fiber and some slow-digesting protein. [/quote]

Are you guys sure your taste buds are intact?

I can’t stand the nasty aftertaste of Muscle Milk.

It’s probably for the best since it’s filled with crappy canola oil anyway.