How Bad is Ice Cream?

Listen up, boys & girls - food is more than just oil for the machine. Enjoy it!

I admit that I have the little pudge of fat & probably always will. Judge me. I have a family with kids, and I enjoy Ice Cream with my family. BRAUMS.

I agree with portion control & timing. I try not to have the Ice Cream bomb in the evening before bed. Give it time to burn off. I eat it on days after I lift, when I know I need extra carbs anyway. I also use a little coffee cup for portion control. That poor little 1/2 scoop looks so small in a cereal bowl! Put in a tea cup or desert bowl, it is satisfying.

The diet Nazis need to try Grow! popscicles! I put Grow! in the blender with fruit juice (I like grape or orange the best). Or you could use Metabolic Drive straight. I put it in those plastic forms used to make Kool-Aid popscicles for the kids. It reminds me of Jello Pudding Pops and Fruit Smoothie pops. THIS is a fine summer treat, and I don’t think any of you will argue nutrition with straight frozen Metabolic Drive or Grow!

Ahhh Ice Cream…

In college I was proud that I ate more than anyone else in the dorms plus I’d have a pint of Haagen daz or Ben & Jerry’s every night. Sometimes two.

I still love Ice Cream, but, even though I’m still as lean as someone can be without dieting down, I believe the damage can be unseen in the form of arterial plaques. My arteries might be a very scary place.

If you want to be healthy and still eat Ice Cream I think it’s best to eat it in small amounts to avoid high amounts of triglycerides swimming around your blood streem all at once. Dairy fat is probably one of the worst for arterial plaques.

Yeah man wtf? And if you are gonna have a treat, get the good shit, not the fat free, sugar free crap.

Many BB’rs in the off season, while bulking, will indulge similarly.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
If you have a good diet in the first place, there is absolutely no reason why you SHOULDN’T be eatingice cream, or whatever your vice is, on occasion. Eat it, for Gods sake, but just remember its not food, its a treat.[/quote]

I cant believe how many fucking times I see ignorant assholes on this site use the words “Nazis” in such a free and casual manner.

Now I know many people use words and terminology without any ill intent and I am sure you are the same but what the fuck is up with this trend?

Yeah I know free speech is one thing but most of the people that say stuff like this have no clue what they are talking about.

[quote]FamilyMan wrote:
The diet Nazis need to try Grow! popscicles! I put Grow! in the blender with fruit juice (I like grape or orange the best). Or you could use Metabolic Drive straight. I put it in those plastic forms used to make Kool-Aid popscicles for the kids. It reminds me of Jello Pudding Pops and Fruit Smoothie pops. THIS is a fine summer treat, and I don’t think any of you will argue nutrition with straight frozen Metabolic Drive or Grow![/quote]

the last thing ice cream is is bad. I’d bloody delicious!

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
I cant believe how many fucking times I see ignorant assholes on this site use the words “Nazis” in such a free and casual manner.[/quote]

Man, why you gotta be such a “Nazi” nazi? :wink:

Sometimes I eat ice cream after the post-workout meal (three head of cattle and a spinach leaf).

I’m calling it the “post post-workout-meal dessert, insulin blasting spectacular”.

You guys should try it, seriously. More fun than being 5% body fat, and you might even grow some muscle.

[quote]FamilyMan wrote:
… and I enjoy Ice Cream with my family. BRAUMS. [/quote]

BRAUMS is fast food of the gods. The #3 combo owns my Soul. A 1/3 pound burger with a stawberry shake…

/me drools

[quote]4est wrote:
FamilyMan wrote:
… and I enjoy Ice Cream with my family. BRAUMS.

BRAUMS is fast food of the gods. The #3 combo owns my Soul. A 1/3 pound burger with a stawberry shake…

/me drools
[/quote]

Only 1/3lbs? Lightweight.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
4est wrote:
FamilyMan wrote:

/me drools

Only 1/3lbs? Lightweight.[/quote]

You can also get a 2/3 pounder. The emphasis here is on QUALITY. BRAUMS is just so good.

[quote]Kailash wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:
I cant believe how many fucking times I see ignorant assholes on this site use the words “Nazis” in such a free and casual manner.

Man, why you gotta be such a “Nazi” Nazi?

Sometimes I eat ice cream after the post-workout meal (three head of cattle). I’m calling it the “post post-workout meal dessert insulin blasting spectacular”. You guys should try it, seriously. More fun than being 5% body fat, and you might even grow some muscle.[/quote]

Actually, Ice Cream aint all that insulin blasting. All the fat slows down absorbtion of the sugar.

Exactly!
Icecram isn’t bad for you when you eat it in a controlled manner.
There is a huge difference between sexually abusing pounds of icecream every single day and having one weekly or monthly.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Cthulhu wrote:
I agree.
However,I still believe we all need a little sugar in our diet.
A little sugar doesn’t hurt.
It’s when you consume too much that has a negative effect.
Believe it or not,HFC is worse than sugar.

Not hurting you is a far cry from actually needing it in the diet. I agree it won’t hurt you, otherwise why drink Surge, but it really isn’t necessary outside of the natural sugar in fruit.

Doesn’t mean I don’t still eat ice cream. Hell I went to DQ last night. As others have posted it’s more about portion control then anything. All foods, regardless of what they are, are bad for you in certain quantities.[/quote]

It’s pretty simple – what do you want more? To lose the last 10 stubborn pounds? Or eat some ice cream? Quit whinning about it and pick one.

In the long run they don’t have to be mutually exclusive, but you may have to give up the ice cream for awhile to get rid of the 10 pounds. But, if it’s not really that important to you enjoy the ice cream and work your ass off so it doesn’t turn into 15 stubborn pounds.

Right now, I’m more into enjoying the ice cream.

Lightweight this.

note this pic is about 15-18 years old.

[quote]4est wrote:

Professor X wrote:

Only 1/3lbs? Lightweight.

Lightweight this.

note this pic is about 15-18 years old.

[/quote]

Is that a single or a double? I used to eat TWO DOUBLES like that and two shakes and onion rings and then pass out for 24 hrs.

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
Yeah man wtf? And if you are gonna have a treat, get the good shit, not the fat free, sugar free crap.

Many BB’rs in the off season, while bulking, will indulge similarly.

MODOK wrote:
If you have a good diet in the first place, there is absolutely no reason why you SHOULDN’T be eatingice cream, or whatever your vice is, on occasion. Eat it, for Gods sake, but just remember its not food, its a treat.
[/quote]

Tom Platz said he had 2 scoops of Baskin Robbins most days while he was cutting.

Anyone remember the episode of Little House on the Prairie when Pa made ice cream?

[quote]Cthulhu wrote:
Yeah,fruits and vegetables are essential carbohydrates.
And carbohydrates are essential to life.Just because most people sit on their fat asses and watch tv all day long and eat a bunch of sugar and/or carbs doesn’t mean carbs are bad.
If you’re an active person you need carbs.
If I don’t eat enough carbs,I start to get brain fog,can’t sleep,and my workouts suck(lack of energy).
How is that not essential?
I’d like to see any body builder try to gain strength on a very low or 0 carbohydrate diet.
Matgic wrote:
4est wrote:
It’s a big bowl of fat and sugar mixed. You might was well just toss a cup of cooking oil and a couple pop-tarts in a blender.

Unless you are speaking of fish oil or flax seed oil, dietary fat should be controlled. ALL dietary fat provides a lot of empty calories.

I disagree with the latter paragraph. Controlled is a relative term no doubt, but to say that all dietary fat provides a lot of empty calories is bull.

Fats are essential to life and proper health. There are essential fats, essential amino acids, but no essential carbohydrates. The only things you NEED from carbs are the minerals and vitamins from fruits and veggies, and some fiber. Sugar and all that crap should go out the window before olive oil and healthy fats.

-MAtt

[/quote]

Firstly, you are stating anecdotal evidence to back up your point. I never said that everyone needs to be on a low carb diet. I said they are not essential, as in, to life. Plenty of people on the Anabolic Diet gain muscle and do not have foggy energy. Unless I’m cheating, I don’t eat more than 150 grams of carbs on most training days because of how I respond to them. Me, personally. And I’ve still made size and strength gains.

And once again, I was referring to what is “essential” vs. “optimal.” Optimally, you would get enough carbohydrate to provide sufficient energy and at the right times to promote muscle recovery. But, you will not DIE on an extreme low carb diet, permitting that you are getting the vitamins and minerals you need. YOU WILL develop disease amd your health will suffer on a non existant protein or fat diet.

I had a dream the other day that I was eating icecream…it was the hard kind, not soft serve and there were three flavors. I kept wondering why it was dripping out of the bottom of the cone, then I realized that the “cone” was a donut…Oh the ecstasy!

[quote]Professor X wrote:
4est wrote:
FamilyMan wrote:

/me drools

Only 1/3lbs? Lightweight.[/quote]

“Cheburger Cheburger” has a deal where if you eat their 1-pound burger, you get your picture on the wall of the resturaunt. I ate the burger. In moments. I was extremely disappointed in the product.

Shula’s 48oz steak on the other hand…