How Bad is Beer?

Beer is great PWO.

Cigarettes too. Many is the training session where I would light up after a session of heavy squats and stretching. No feeling quite like knowing you just threw away all the hard work you just put in.

[quote]Otep wrote:
Beer is great PWO.
[/quote]

Beer is actually fine PWO. It was good enough for Columbu and Schwartz.

[quote]lordstorm88 wrote:
it will just turn into fat.
[/quote]

This is untrue.

Beer is a waste of calories and money. I purely drink it for the social aspect…and for some liquid courage at the clubs. :slight_smile: You could argue even my reasons for drinking are dumb.

I average about 2-3 pints a week…and that’s if I go out on the weekends. If I don’t, then I don’t drink.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Otep wrote:
Beer is great PWO.

Beer is actually fine PWO. It was good enough for Columbu and Schwartz.[/quote]

Beer + Whey…the future of PWO. Eh…I don’t think I could stomach it after a workout.

even beter pre-workout.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Ahhh…in that case, why does he care if he’s drinking beer and eating bad every once in a while? If no one else cares, why should he?[/quote]

+4

I hardly ever drink, its just that if I go out for a night I’m bound to drink beer and I don’t want to do it if its going to effect me badly. Also if I go out theres a good chance that I won’t get much to eat e.g. if i go out and then stay at a friends house for the night i won’t have my protein shake or much good food to my nutrition. How much will this effect me (not eating much fro a night)?

lol guys… I have friends in England who are 16 and 17 and they drink a ridiculous amount of alcohol. rly no one cares…

Id say keep it around one or two

Ok, so i know that its not good to drink beer but how bad is getting a low amount of protein for one night? Will it really hurt my progress?

[quote]Tomsobey7 wrote:
Ok, so i know that its not good to drink beer but how bad is getting a low amount of protein for one night? Will it really hurt my progress?[/quote]

One night of low protein, one night of beer, one night of ANYTHING is not going to hinder your progress in the long run… The human body has an amazing ability to recover and repair itself. If you are consistently not getting enough protein it will affect you, if you are consistently having 10 beers a night it will affect you, etc. etc.

• AB

Ok, thanks for the help

I tried a pint of beer last night after my workout. Can’t say I feel more recovered or anything…

A night out every so often isn’t going to hurt you, unless your definition of “every so often” is once every two or three days.

Oh, the best exercise to perform drunk is the overhead squat. Go really heavy and you’ll feel the burn…

Joey from the real world = drinks like a beast… but he’s jacked.

The carbonation in beer dramatically slows your recovery. The alcohol causes your liver to store fat rather than glycogen plummeting your energy for days after.

The empty calories cause weight gain and possible insulin spikes. Even a couple of beers will have a significant negative effect. I m not saying dont drink just saying it will effect you and there is a trade off there.

Definetly dont drink more than 3-4 beers at once if your at all serious about getting bigger and stronger.

Also beer doesnt contain estrogen but it does cause your body to produce hormones that mimic estrogen, lowering testoterone levels and causing bitch tits.

Finally your 16 so any drinking you do will be doubly detrimental because your body is still growing. Long story short there is a time and a place for drinking its called college.