T Nation

How Bad is Beer?

I’m 16 and have been weight training for about 5 months and was wandering if drinking beer and eating crap for one night once in a while would have much effect on my training. Also I heard about the estrogen in beer which is making me never want to drink again!

So how bad is it?

not at all. its called a cheat day. It also depends on how much beer IMO.

If you are in a sport and that sport is in season I would not (drink alcohol) but a cheat meal once a week cool…

Off season hmmm your choice…

Worse than none, not as bad as two? What kind of answer are you looking for?

You’re 16, why are you drinking beer?

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
You’re 16, why are you drinking beer?[/quote]

Nobody cares in England.

Ahhh…in that case, why does he care if he’s drinking beer and eating bad every once in a while? If no one else cares, why should he?

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Ahhh…in that case, why does he care if he’s drinking beer and eating bad every once in a while? If no one else cares, why should he?[/quote]

My thoughts exactly!

[quote]atypicaluser wrote:
Worse than none, not as bad as two? What kind of answer are you looking for?[/quote]

exactly.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
Ahhh…in that case, why does he care if he’s drinking beer and eating bad every once in a while? If no one else cares, why should he?[/quote]

I don’t know if you are pretending or if you actually don’t understand that people in the UK aren’t really offended by 16 y/o kids having a beer.

I would question you first on WHY you drink rather than what effects it may or may not have on you. Purely social or do you intoxicate yourself to the point of stupidity? Oh, that’s a dumb question, you’re 16 so it’s obviously the latter.

[quote]Nate Dogg wrote:
You’re 16, why are you drinking beer?[/quote]

How old are you? Where I’m from, 14 years are drinking beer and getting high. His age has little to do with it, he could be 16 or 46, his answer to that question could be the same.

Beer can be lethal. That’s how bad it is.

Beer won�??t wreck your body, but still, it has almost no nutritional value; its just a bunch of useless carbs. At least drink a good red wine for the antioxidants.

[quote]supabeast wrote:
Beer won�??t wreck your body, but still, it has almost no nutritional value; its just a bunch of useless carbs. At least drink a good red wine for the antioxidants.[/quote]

Thank you.

That was the best laugh I’ve had today.

16 year-olds drinking fine red wine. Caring about their heart health. Ha!

lol never drink again

Regardless of age, if you care about your body composition, it’s best to avoid alcohol.

On the other hand, life is too short to not enjoy a good beer from time to time.

it will just turn into fat.

and no it wont have a big effect. unless you go to train while drunk or with a hangover.

Dont start that way you dont have to try to kick the habit later.

I personally find a good drinking session ruins my next work out and if you drink on a gym day you will be feeling it for days…

Well a few beers now and then wont kill you When I was 16 I was getting trashed at least once a month but you mature and see that theres no real benfit! That said Now at age 21 I very rarely drink at all I value my body and take my training very seriously! Bindge drinking will throw of your hormonal balance for up to 4 days which = no muscle growth! Which for me is not worth one crazy night out with the boys but as angryvader said lifes to short enjoy alcohol in moderation but your only 16 so dont get caught by your folks like I used to lol! :wink: