How Bad is Assault to the 3rd Degree?

I attacked my brother, all the information is in this thread:

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/music_movies_girls_life/should_i_call_the_police_on_my_brother?id=2496036&pageNo=0

You need to get a lawyer. I think things will work out for you, but it’s easy for someone in your position to say/do something harmful, even if you think it’s justified.

Getting a job with a record sucks, so any money you give to a lawyer will be a good investment.

I’d also stick to one thread, so people know what’s going on.

Will they let you go if both of you don’t press charges on each other? Imagine if you both go to the big house and are stuck as cellmates. I’d kick his ass everyday.

I’m pretty sure 3rd degree assault is a misdemeanor. I’ve been charged with 1st degree assault and had it pled down and eventually expunged from my record. If it’s a first offense you should be able to get a similar deal.

Actually, in your situation the DA probably won’t even take your case since you were defending your old man from a smack fiend. They don’t have time to take unwinnable cases. Hopefully you and your dad gave matching statements to the arresting officers.

If you have to go before a judge you should definitely lawyer up. It’ll probably cost around $500.

well, I guess I have to be the first oen to ask.

Did you give him the ass kicking he deserved?

^ same question

I would of whipped his ass good if he did start a fight with ur dad

Steel Nation’s approach is the best bet. Plead to a lesser charge and get an expungement down the road. Dont be foolish like me and have a felony that requires a presidential pardon.

[quote]zephead4747 wrote:
well, I guess I have to be the first oen to ask.

Did you give him the ass kicking he deserved?[/quote]

Well his face was pretty bruised up. I only hit him like 5 times in the face, but it was probably good thing my dad was there or it would have been a lot worse.

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
You need to get a lawyer. I think things will work out for you, but it’s easy for someone in your position to say/do something harmful, even if you think it’s justified.

Getting a job with a record sucks, so any money you give to a lawyer will be a good investment.[/quote]

Yes I am definitely going to get a lawyer. My dad called a lawyer yesterday about it

To protect you in the future, I would get a restraining order to keep him away from your parents. That way next time, if there is, you are covered slightly.