T Nation

How Bad Do You Want It?

Normally I have no problem eating my 4k calories every day, but a few days ago I had one of those days. You know, the ones where you are full after breakfast and don’t feel like eating any more.

Well come lunch time I was in for a battle of epic proportion. When I pulled my food out of the fridge and sat it in from of me I was already dreading it, but I already decided I would eat all my food. I opened the lid on my container and it was on.

First I finished my baggie of pecans which went ok, but then I got to the chicken. I grabbed on the the table and squeezed as I put the chicken in my mouth, bit off a piece, and forced myself to chew. After I was done chewing I took a deep breath and swallowed, every fiber in my body shaking in pain. This was the first bite of many.

This went on for several minutes till I was done, then came the vegetables. It sounds east but I usually eat a shit load with each meal. Again another battle ensued, but again I was victorious. Then came the rice…

I was already feeling ill and got slightly depressed, but I couldn’t stop cause I wanted it that bad. I then struggled to finish the rice. After scraping the last grain out I lay down my head so I could rest before lunch was over and worked for the next few hours with a belly ache.

So the next time I look over at a 145 pound guy complaining about his inability to put on weight, and all he is eating is half a sandwich and a small bag of chips, I know he didn’t want it as bad as I did.

Cool story bro!

Speaking from the experience of the disaster that was my most recent bulk, don’t force feed. If your body’s that full…listen. If your cals/macros/whatever you use to quantify this is at an appropriate level for steady gains, you shouldn’t have to suffer that much.

A bit over dramatic don’t you think? This is one step beyond Instagram pictures of your lunch

Eating is a privilege not a chore, who cares if you found it hard

Wouldnt be easiy just to eat more calorie dense foods?

100g of nuts is 600 cals… volume of an apple…

Im not tryin to rip on ya Op, but i have never understood this “problem”. Every fiber in your body shaking in pain from eating some chicken? Really? Again, not tryin to be an ass, i am genuinely incredulous here.

[quote]mkral55 wrote:
Im not tryin to rip on ya Op, but i have never understood this “problem”. Every fiber in your body shaking in pain from eating some chicken? Really? Again, not tryin to be an ass, i am genuinely incredulous here.

[/quote]
X2

I would like to hear your eating plan. And how you think 4000 kcalories is hard to eat.

I really wanted to be 6’ tall. REALLY wanted it. Tried everything - stretching, hanging, inversion work, meditative visualization, a lot of praying.

But no matter what I did, my efforts fell short.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
I really wanted to be 6’ tall. REALLY wanted it. Tried everything - stretching, hanging, inversion work, meditative visualization, a lot of praying.

But no matter what I did, my efforts fell short.[/quote]
Derail: How short were you when you were a teen 2’9 :)? I kid mostly.

[quote]mkral55 wrote:

[/quote]

Lol, a little hyperbolic for sure, but for those of us that had trouble gaining weight this probably sounds a bit familiar. I did the whole force feed thing and trust me, it is not fun.

I’ve had the rare day when I just don’t feel like eating. There are two options available:

1- No big deal, just go easy for a day. In the long run one day won’t make a difference.

2- Find substitute foods and hide calories. I became a master at this when I was first starting out, 150 lbs dropping weight at almost 20 years old.

Also, eating veggies when trying to put down calories is just ridiculous. They’ll fill you up with nothing. Rice? Just pour some sugary sauce on that pile of bastids. Chicken? Take a lesson from Big Nasty hisself and drown it in BBQ sauce.

S

Well the only sympathy I have for that story is eating plain chicken breast make me gag. Non bar-b-q chicken breast should be served to inmates. Yet, in my eating for mass-sake, I’d make or buy lean turkey breast. I hope that doesn’t make me ‘shake in pain’. As far as your story goes, something tells me that after you choked down your meal consisting of pecans, chicken, and razorwire, you then got up and kicked said sandwich offender into A gaping hole Ala’ 300.

[quote]SavagedNatiion wrote:

[quote]mkral55 wrote:

[/quote]
X2
[/quote]

I wonder what a heavy leg day is like if a chicken breast can cause that level of anxiety.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

[quote]mkral55 wrote:

[/quote]

Lol, a little hyperbolic for sure, but for those of us that had trouble gaining weight this probably sounds a bit familiar. I did the whole force feed thing and trust me, it is not fun. [/quote]
Thank God for weight gainers shakes. My fiancee’s little bro is getting scouted outta high school as a running back. The problem is he’s like 5’11" 155 lbs bird chested, with zero appetite. He needed to add size quickly so I recommended a mass shake. He has two shakes a day plus a shitty high-schooler lunch and dinner at home. In two weeks he’s gain six pounds. So in the pursuit of size there’s always a different way to go about it.

Thank God for weight gainers shakes. [/quote]

Lol, when my brother started training (he’s 8 years my junior, as was still in high school at the time), he ate such crap, but maintained his scrawny weight. I went out, bought him the biggest container of junk-gainer I could find, and had him down half a shake in the AM with his breakfast, and half before bed. Everything else he ate the same.

A full year later, he had gained 30 lbs. Thank god for being able to drink hypercaloric beverages.

S

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

Lol, when my brother started training (he’s 8 years my junior, as was still in high school at the time), he ate such crap, but maintained his scrawny weight. I went out, bought him the biggest container of junk-gainer I could find, and had him down half a shake in the AM with his breakfast, and half before bed. Everything else he ate the same.

A full year later, he had gained 30 lbs. Thank god for being able to drink hypercaloric beverages.

S
[/quote]
Great story stu. Mass gainer is no joke lol. My mass gainer my first years were big macs and chicken (the non-shake inducing kind). But, for realy bird-chest, I recommend it. Have you seen that weight gainer called Russian Bear? It had a hammer and sickle on it lol. I think it mixes 2000-3000 l

S
[/quote]
Great story stu. Mass gainer is no joke lol. My mass gainer my first years were big macs and chicken (the non-shake inducing kind). But, for realy bird-chest, I recommend it. Have you seen that weight gainer called Russian Bear? It had a hammer and sickle on it lol. I think it mixes 2000-3000 l[/quote]

Lol, the problem with those shakes is that the volume of a 2k calorie shake is massive in itself. It’s like a gallon of thick liquid, which isn’t hard to just add in to your daily diet. Plus, a huge 5 pound tub of the stuff only has like 15 servings, lol.

This is just what I remember when looking into weight gainers before I started lifting because I was self conscious about being skinny.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:

S
[/quote]
Great story stu. Mass gainer is no joke lol. My mass gainer my first years were big macs and chicken (the non-shake inducing kind). But, for realy bird-chest, I recommend it. Have you seen that weight gainer called Russian Bear? It had a hammer and sickle on it lol. I think it mixes 2000-3000 l[/quote]

Lol, the problem with those shakes is that the volume of a 2k calorie shake is massive in itself. It’s like a gallon of thick liquid, which isn’t hard to just add in to your daily diet. Plus, a huge 5 pound tub of the stuff only has like 15 servings, lol.

This is just what I remember when looking into weight gainers before I started lifting because I was self conscious about being skinny. [/quote]
After something that dense in calories, Ill just pass out.Zzzzzzzz

Cliffs: im so hardcore