How are These Test Levels for a Teen?

Hey this blood work is from when i was 16 and 6 months, how are these levels?

Total test = 670 ng/dl
Free test = 27.67 ng/dl

(i understand the total test is right in the middle but the free test is puzzling, they didn’t include a reference range.

FT without a lab range can be a crap shoot. But given your TT, that FT looks like it might be high normal. If your E2 and SHBG are low, TT could seem low when FT or bio-T are great.

Low body fat?
Cholesterol numbers?

What prompted you to do these tests?

Hey KSman, good to have your knowledge here.

I had these done 7 months ago purely to see where my body was at.

My doc didn’t take the estrogen levels sadly, my tsh was also 5.78! on a .45-4.5 reference range.

This was before i got sick with parasites, c diff, yeast infection. I was training like a beast and my hemoglobin and hematocrit were both a few points above high.

Interesting the only scale they gave me was 12-14 years for free T (.14-15.6)
The percent free was 4.13% and the range for 15-17 years old was (1.8-2.7)

(this was 1 week after a cycle of battle fuel, a natural test booster).

My body fat was probably extremely low, around 7% and i didn’t get cholesterol.

[quote]lzqosoz94 wrote:

My doc didn’t take the estrogen levels sadly, my tsh was also 5.78! on a .45-4.5 reference range.

This was before i got sick with parasites, c diff, yeast infection. I was training like a beast and my hemoglobin and hematocrit were both a few points above high.

My body fat was probably extremely low, around 7% and i didn’t get cholesterol.[/quote]

Dude, I’m not an expert, but at your age you should not be messing around with test boosters. Those thing can mess you up even if they are so called natural. Take your vitamins and some good zinc. Stay away from garbage with stupid names that try to make the product sound badass. It sounds like you workout hard and are somewhat of a young bodybuilder perhaps? Here’s rule number one, most of what you’ll see on the internet or magazines is either useless or dangerous. Eat a good diet, drink a lot of water, and give enough rest to recover, a good whey protein without artificial sweeteners or too much added sugar is a useful safe supplement. You should really look more in to your thyroid and get some followups. What did they tell you about TSH at 5.78? That is definitely a problem.

Take some probiotics to help prevent yeast infection.

[quote]Tunapancake wrote:

[quote]lzqosoz94 wrote:

My body fat was probably extremely low, around 7% and i didn’t get cholesterol.[/quote]

Dude, I’m not an expert, but at your age you should not be messing around with test boosters. Those thing can mess you up even if they are so called natural. Take your vitamins and some good zinc. Stay away from garbage with stupid names that try to make the product sound badass. It sounds like you workout hard and are somewhat of a young bodybuilder perhaps? Here’s rule number one, most of what you’ll see on the internet or magazines is either useless or dangerous. Eat a good diet, drink a lot of water, and give enough rest to recover, a good whey protein without artificial sweeteners or too much added sugar is a useful safe supplement. You should really look more in to your thyroid and get some followups. What did they tell you about TSH at 5.78? That is definitely a problem.

Take some probiotics to help prevent yeast infection.[/quote]

I totally agree…your endocrine system as a teenager operates a bit differently than an older man’s and you can do permanent damage by messing with it. It is also possible to stunt your growth (growth plates on your bones don’t close until your early-mid 20’s.) It’s fine to be curious, but don’t treat problems that aren’t there. “Legal T boosters” are bad news, end of story. Actual prohormones are controlled substances just like AAS–what’s left is ineffective and potentially dangerous. I was dumb enough to take one for a while and all it did was send my liver enzymes through the roof (they were tested by chance because I was getting an insurance physical.) Fortunately I threw them away before I did any lasting harm. You would do well to do the same.

i hit puberty at 8 my endo said, my growth plates have fused, they scale me as a 19 year old with my bones and blood work.

I’ve used battle fuel but other than that i am wary of prohormones.

But i thank you for the info and concern.

I apologize for making several threads, this thread is in response to blood work i just got back

Total T = 117 ng/dl (range is 350-970) ----> 7 months ago it was 670, 1 month ago it was 228
Estradiol = 5.6 pg/ml (range is 10-36)
Androstendione = 50ng/dl (range is 33-192)
DHEA = 336 ng/dl (range is 250-900) -----> 1 month ago it was 272
LH = 1.4 mIU/mL (range is .4-7.0)
FSH = 4.0 mIU/mL (range is 2.6-11.0)
Cortisol = 9.1 MCG/DL (range is 6.7-22.6)
Prolactin = 3.3 NG/ML (range is 2.6-13.1)
TSH = 2.44 (range is .34-5.6) ----> previously 7 months ago it was 5.7, then 1 month ago it was 1.14
T4 free= .70 (range is .60-1.10)
T4 total = 5.8 (range is 6.1-12.2) → 1 month ago it was 7.65
T3 total= 108 (range is 87-178)
Progesterone = 23 ng/dl (range is 24-175)

To give background, the values from 7 months ago were from when i was 100% healthy. right after that i got parasites/c diff then yeast infection. (However when i was very sick my testosterone was still higher than it is now that i am almost healthy)

Is there any explanation for why my T is low, everything else looks normal to my docs. They told me come back to test again in 3 months.

Please provide cholesterol levels. Cholesterol is the starting point for all steroid hormones, including vit-D25. Might explain things below. What are your sources of fats? fish oil, eggs, red meat, dairy …?

Progesterone is low, reducing ability to make cortisol.

What hour of day for the cortisol test?

Two different pathways make andro, one from [your low] progesterone and one from DHEA. DHEA may be time averaged low.

You tested DHEA and DHEA level move a lot, so we do not know your DHEA status. That is best determined by DHEA-S

You need to consider iodine deficiency as a cause for your hypothyroidism. Read the ‘ksman has a thyroid problem’ thread.

I dont know cholesterol, 7 months ago my vitamin D was high normal but so was my test and free test

The blood test was 9am, i woke up 7am. Not fasted.

My sources of fat are coconut oil, egg yolks, grass fed beef, lamb, turkey. No dairy because of the yeast.

I take a hefty dose of Vitamin D from fermented cod liver oil.

I read your thread, i’m in a rush now but will figure out what i’m doing with iodine soon.

I find it very interesting you didn’t mention any of your problems with testosterone (especially the fact that it had fallen from 670 to 228, and then to 117) when you were on the steroids forum asking if you were too young to do a cycle of anavar:

Something doesn’t feel right here…

yes i see this lines up VT balla but i promise you bro i did not touch anavar or any pro hormone. The fall in testosterone as theorized by my endo and others is adrenal fatigue from prolonged sickness, stress at home, and training.

Again i didnt screw around with my hormones, the only thing i have done in the last few months is use ipamorelin and mod grf-129. (a GHRH and GHRP that are specific and don’t affect prolactin or cortisol.

cortisol of 9 at 9am is not good. I would guess your Reverse T3 looks bad as well, if they would test it.

9 being to low or high for 9 am?. The blood test 15 days before that said my T3 was low, just below the reference range normal.

I see all kinds of things wrong with this picture:
-17 year old supplementing himself with GHRP and GHRH…
-Obsessed about controlling E2 even though it is BELOW range…
-“Natural” test boosters when Free T is excellent (longjack?)
-No mention of plummeting T levels when it would be well warranted (despite obsession with T, see above)…
-A kid wanting to start AAS…

All this I was able just by looking at a couple of your most recent posts…I wonder what other pieces of the puzzle you are omitting? Are you a hypochondriac?

The most likely thing to look at this point is Adrenal Fatigue from your recent diseases…but that doesn’t tell the whole story…

[quote]lzqosoz94 wrote:
yes i see this lines up VT balla but i promise you bro i did not touch anavar or any pro hormone. The fall in testosterone as theorized by my endo and others is adrenal fatigue from prolonged sickness, stress at home, and training.

Again i didnt screw around with my hormones, the only thing i have done in the last few months is use ipamorelin and mod grf-129. (a GHRH and GHRP that are specific and don’t affect prolactin or cortisol. [/quote]

Again your 17 not in your 30s not in your 40s, 17. Stop self medicating yourself with things you don’t need. Adrenal fatigue is a possibility and you should get it sorted it out. If it is adrenal fatigue, let this serve you as a wake up call of what prohormones, cycles, and other “test boosting” garbage could do to your test levels.

Alright, thats some bullshit. I gave you the whole picture, i have NEVER touched a pro hormone, or steroid. I had a brief period of height obsession as a result of realizing my plates were shut so after hearing about the possibility of growth from anavar i CONSIDERED it. BUT with the input of many T-Nation members i cut out that line of thinking.

I didn’t get the blood tests from 7 months ago until a few days ago, that is why i post them now. my Free T and total T were excellent back then before i got sick. The doctor even asked if i took a prohormone, and hell i’m happy i have not but at the same time it makes the crazy hormones and low T less explainable, but now i have to attribute it all to adrenal fatigue.

I was “obsessed” with controlling E2 because i thought it was closing my plates and giving me low T, i see that is not an issue. That is why i am not interested in taking any AI that i asked about.

My free T now is NOT excellent, nor is my total T. I’m interested in Longjack and the endo told me to take longjack today to help with the adrenal fatigue while i take the Nystatin to kill candida.

I started GHRH and GHRP , Purely because i wanted to maximize height growth, i haven’t stopped them because i don’t see the harm in continuing with what i have left, if anything i’d think it could help with the t4 to t3 conversion not happening as a result of adrenal fatigue.

Theres your whole story, and whole picture.

I may have neglected details but it was only to keep my posts short so people would read them and respond rather than say, “well thats to complicated”. I have no intention to hide past information, that would result in innacurate advice here on the forums.

Big thanks to KSman for being a solid guy.

Alright, thats some bullshit. I gave you the whole picture, i have NEVER touched a pro hormone, or steroid. I had a brief period of height obsession as a result of realizing my plates were shut so after hearing about the possibility of growth from anavar i CONSIDERED it. BUT with the input of many T-Nation members i cut out that line of thinking.

I didn’t get the blood tests from 7 months ago until a few days ago, that is why i post them now. my Free T and total T were excellent back then before i got sick. The doctor even asked if i took a prohormone, and hell i’m happy i have not but at the same time it makes the crazy hormones and low T less explainable, but now i have to attribute it all to adrenal fatigue.

I was “obsessed” with controlling E2 because i thought it was closing my plates and giving me low T, i see that is not an issue. That is why i am not interested in taking any AI that i asked about.

My free T now is NOT excellent, nor is my total T. I’m interested in Longjack and the endo told me to take longjack today to help with the adrenal fatigue while i take the Nystatin to kill candida.

I started GHRH and GHRP , Purely because i wanted to maximize height growth, i haven’t stopped them because i don’t see the harm in continuing with what i have left, if anything i’d think it could help with the t4 to t3 conversion not happening as a result of adrenal fatigue.

Theres your whole story, and whole picture.

I may have neglected details but it was only to keep my posts short so people would read them and respond rather than say, “well thats to complicated”. I have no intention to hide past information, that would result in innacurate advice here on the forums.

Big thanks to KSman for being a solid guy.

You can find some 2% progesterone cream at some health food stores or on WWW. You could use a little to bring up progesterone to a better level to support generation of cortisol.

You need cholesterol lab work if you want this to be better understood.

For ghrp to help you grow taller, your growth plates would need to be open, which i doubt they are, and a small dose of GH would have to have a measurable effect on height. I don’t think small doses of GH will have any effect on height. It could cause carpal tunnel syndrome, or other negative side effects, but that’s about it. In real GH therapy, the doses are much higher, are started at a much earlier age, and there’s a gh deficiency.

But, for the sake of argument, say your growth plates are open, and you’re taking a real dose of GH. Your growth plates don’t all close at the same time. Some growth plates close much earlier than others. The growth plates in your legs are closed. But, the growth plates in your neck could be open. So, you might just end up with a freakishly long neck.

ideal 8am cortisol is 15-20.
<10 indicates a possible serious problem.