How are Female Olympic Weightlifters able to Lift More than a Guy like Me?

Why just imagine?

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEGX2VTCBfH/?taken-by=atginsta

Imagine being as strong as a 116 lb, 17-year old girl.
can you say 240???

Geez dude. She:

• Has better technique than you so she is able to move the bar with less effort
  • Is an Olympian so likely has almost perfect levers for the Oly lifts making it again easier to move the same bar
  • Is better able to produce more force from the muscles she has than you can produce from the muscles you have
  • Is better able to coordinate all her separate muscle groups to work together than you - imparting again more force on the bar.

I’m sorry that someone with less muscle mass being stronger than you upsets you but maybe this video will help you understand and you can focus on getting better rather than sooking.

I don’t get it. There are people with exceptional skills in all areas of life like

but someone lifting weights cannot possibly be far better than you without some kind of assistance. Why?

3 Likes

Exactly! There’s just people out there who are amazing at stuff, and you’ll never be as good as them.

Just play the cards you’re dealt

2 Likes

Seriously Dude, I’m laughing out loud.

Epic find.

2 Likes

Yogi, that’s really you isn’t it? Wahahaaha

2 Likes

well you guys have been bitching at me for ages to post pics

Dont underestimate how strong a woman can get. A girl at my gym kicked a guys ass at a bar she works at then threw him out

I’m just gonna agree with everyone else here. You’re not strong, it’s as simple as that. What I tell myself on a daily is… If you ever feel good about yourself, just know that somewhere, an Asian kid is probably outperforming you. How you deal with this knowledge, that’s an entirely different story.

Next time your feeling too good about yourself try telling yourself your such an F-up you can’t even get the adage right. It goes ‘somewhere in china there’s a teenage girl warming up with my max’. Your max, not my max.

1 Like

It’s specific training. You are probably stronger in just about everything else.

I still have to LOL hard at the basic premise of the thread.

It is honestly hard to believe someone could write this passage unironically.

2 Likes

she’s 6 inches shorter than you, very lean, and only 30 lbs less. Generally speaking, an inch of height accounts for about 10 lbs. Your basic premise that ‘she only has a fraction of the amount of muscle you have’ is wrong. She’s got more muscle per inch of height than you do, without a doubt. So it absolutely makes sense that she squats more than you. The squat difference could be accounted for by technique alone though. I also don’t know why you make such a big deal about the difference between high bar and low bar. My best squat, which is around 550, was done with a pretty high bar position.

The huge difference between your split jerk and hers is going to boil down to the fact that, again, she’s probably actually carrying more muscle than you, but mostly technique. She has world class technique. I’m WAAAAAAY stronger than her on any powerlift/brute strength sort of thing, but I can’t split jerk 260 lbs. No way in hell. You know why? Because I’m not as good at split jerking.

I’m responding because your question is so goddamn irritating. You’re insinuating that there is something at play that isn’t above board. I think that’s really shitty of you. You’re trying to find a way to justify your own shortcomings and weaknesses. I really just want to say fuck you and move on.

Anyway.

Fuck you.

I’m moving on.

1 Like

You can’t be that far of a 260lbs press. If you clean 260lbs and press it that counts as a split jerk?

yea I can push press that, but I can’t lock a split jerk at that weight in one motion. So it wouldn’t pass in competition as far as oly lifting is concerned. Counts for strongman though.

I think Death has DIED.

Have you read his other threads… I think he ran away

Just because I think everyone here could use a little more emasculation.

2 Likes