How are Female Olympic Weightlifters able to Lift More than a Guy like Me?

She is stronger than you.

3 Likes

I’ll tell him what he wants to hear.

ROIDS.

I’m such a nice guy.

1 Like

Bar speed. To transition from pl to oly you need to get fast.

Seriously, you might want to find an Olympic lifting facility and enroll to train there. Or find a coach with in real life with experience training athletes.

1 Like

Yep. Quite a humbling experience.

Haha I can still remember 15 year old kids outlifting me and laughing at my lack of mobility.

1 Like

Me too! And after a couple of weeks, the coach let me quit using a broom stick and start using a real bar.

1 Like

Kuo Hsing-Chun, all 127 lbs of her CnJ’ing 304 lbs in the training hall for last years worlds. Chinese girls ROCK. I would post a picture of my favorite, Tan Yayun, but you don’t need to be embarassed by a 105 lbs chinese girl who has CnJ’d 260. And has the sweetest little smile after she nails a lift.

Would you guys rather “work out” with Zoe Smith, or work out with a set of Elieko Competition bumpers/bar?

https://www.instagram.com/p/-UGBZyEsVu/

https://www.instagram.com/p/-Uinl6ksbN/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEoSNUfCk9b/?taken-by=hookgrip

oh what the hell, she’s such a sweetie pie :yum:

We have a 14yr old girl about 140# that can clean and jerk 200#. I don’t know Zoe but she seems about average.

A. The girl I know is a great athlete
B. She trains to be good at 2 things - snatching and clean and jerking

If you want to be stronger than the girls, you will have to put in as much effort.

Average? Well Zoe Smith is a 2012 Olympian, won the Commonwealth Games in 2014 and was 9th at worlds last year. What’s your definition of average?

1 Like

You’re a beginner lifting beginner weight who is nearly the same weight as Zoe and she competes at a high level.

I think most the woman on Jon Norths Twam Do are new to the sport and all are over 84kg on the clean and jerk

1 Like

I misread that she lifts 120kg vs 90kg. Not so average.

So… Yeah.

This woman has probably squatted nearly every day for a decade. A large portion of that under the tutelage of a very good coach.

Youre a shmoe with hardly any experience.

Why would you expect to be better than her?

She is stronger than you and trains way, way harder than you. When our American athletes are residents at the OTC, they have nine full training sessions per week. They are training 2 times a day and each of these sessions are usually around 2 hours. I would be happy to send you a 3 month mesocycle of one of our female athletes so you can compare it to your training. It won’t take long for you to understand why she is stronger than you.

These athletes don’t just start training like that overnight. It takes years to train your body, your nervous system, your muscles and mind to endure that type of volume and intensity. It takes at least five years of legit training before they can even think of enduring resident training.

Additionally, these girls can all do this drug free. These are USADA tested athletes and their drug testing protocols aren’t easily defeated.

1 Like