T Nation

How and Why Mag-10 worked for me

Hello.

I have seen a few posts where people have been concerned that Mag-10 wasn’t delivering the goods. I’ve had tremendous success with Mag-10 beyond my wildest expectations and thought I would share some of what I did and why I did it.

I am not a guro nor an expert, but my experience may help someone who has had less than desirable results with this amazing product. In just 2 cycles, I’m projecting to go from 177 to 200 (I’m at 195 now with one week left). Never before had I ever weighed more than 180.

1. Take 2 servings per day - I know, I know, this stuff is very expensive. On the bright side, though, you won't have to use this product for more than 2 or 3 cycles to pack on 20 or 30 pounds of muscle. If you're gonna do it, go all the way!

1. Use Tribex and M in between Mag-10 cycles. In my first set of “off” weeks from Mag-10, I only lost 1 measly pound and was able to go back on Mag-10 after two weeks instead of four.

2. Training - I didn’t go heavy. In fact, I did everything in sets of 10. As soon as I could do 4 sets of 10 reps on any given exercise, I bumped up the weight. I found that doing all exercises in this manner helped me to keep strict form and really work the muscles I wanted to without cheating.

ALSO VERY IMPORTANY is doing light recovery training on the off weeks. I was always skeptical of this myself, fearing that I would lose the muscle I gained, but it's really more of a mental fear than a physical reality. I came back after those two weeks refreshed, revved up to go, and a heck of a lot stronger. As the editors of the Biotest website have said, you want to help the body grow, not beat it into submission. They're right!

1. Training frequency - Again, I may be wrong, but I don’t think it’s possible to go from training 3 or 4 times per week to a twice per day workout regimen without over training. My first two weeks of Mag-10 I went to the gym on M,W,F only and gained 12 solid pounds! If you’re not a pro or extremely genetically gifted, recovery is almost as important as the workout and diet. Allow your body time to recover and watch the gains roll in.

5. Eating BIG - Never before had I consumed so much protein. I had 3 or 4 60g protein shakes per day in addition to my meals. Some nights I was so stuffed I wanted to yak, but it's the price of a bigger body. In my very humble opinion, it just doesn't make sense to use Mag-10 on a restricted calorie diet. If you only want to gain 5 or 10 pounds, there's other less expensive ways to do it. If you're going to pay all that money for Mag-10, treat yourself right by eating BIG.

I hope this helps, and good luck to all!

Is there a list of good healthy foods/snacks you can buy at common food stores like vons, luckys, albertsons for doing a mag-10 cycle.

I have bought 6 bottles of mag-10, 3 of tibex-500, 4 of M (all biotest products), 3 month supply of omega-3 fish oil and flaxseed oil, 15lbs of optimum nutrition protein. My only problem is i dont know what brands of food are good for this 3-month cycle?

one more question what is the address for the mag-10 forum?

Read the “Foods that make you look good nekid” article several issues back. Base your food choices on that article. Just a note though, you will have to use much of the food found in the OK section to make sure your calories are high enough. As for the MAG-10 Support Threads, use the search engine and type in “support group” and look for MAG-10 support group, New MAG-10 support group and MAG-10 support group version 3.0. I just did this and can confirm that you can find all 3 threads with those 2 words in the subject column.

I’m also makeing huge gains. I think your right on with the eating big.

Mike, do you think Charles Staley’s new EDT program would work with the MAG-10 cycle. I plan on going on MAG-10 in about 2-3 weeks and I’m still deciding on a program. I was considering 5x5 and EDT. Thanks in advance. Lata.

"MBE: Grow bars come tomorrow, Grow bars come tomorrow! Since...tonight."

-Eric

Sorry for the delayed response. I think different training techniques work for different people. Since I’m not that strong, it’s easier for me to overload my muscles with a lot of sets and reps versus going 5x5 or 6x6, whatever the case may be.

You need to find the best rep scheme to use for your own body. I know that’s a lame answer, but it’s 100% true!