T Nation

How and When to Switch to Sub Q?

Currently taking 200mg IM once a week after reading over the last couple here for months I’m looking to switch over the Sub-Q every 3.5 days at 100mg. I was not able to find anything via search on when to make the transition. Do I take my IM shot then start the subq shot 3.5 days later or start 1 week after my last IM shot? Appreciate any feedback or insite.

Transition at your next shot day for your protocol (7 days), and then 3.5 days later.

What’s the reasoning for such a massive dosage of testosterone? Unless you’re a hyper T metabolizer this protocol is setup to fail you.

Also remember that by splitting your shots, your are essentially increasing your doseage. Your TT /FTwill increase.

Dosage was just upped 4 weeks ago from 180mg IM weekly to 200mg, I’ll try and get my test results from March up later tonight. I know SBGH was off the charts high still and complete metabolic panel done and doc said increase t dose to lower SBGH and allow for more free T

What’s the reason this is setting me up for failure? Honest question as there seems to be more information here than I can find anywhere else online and this site has actually provided me with questions and discussion points to speak with doctor about.

We see time and time again guys getting starting out on too much test, but since your SHBG is off the charts you will need supraphysiological doses in order to bring SHBG down far enough to free up some T.

Please post all available lab work with ranges in list format.

T without hCG should be considered a major risk to fertility.
How old are you?

Age=
Height=
weight=
waist size=

What health issues?
Meds, Rx and OTC?
Supplements?

We focus on thyroid issues a lot because more who come here have some degree of low thyroid function. Please see below re oral body temperatures and describe your history of using iodized salt [iodine intake].

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

KSman is simply a regular member on this site. Nothing more other than highly active.

I can be a bit abrupt in my replies and recommendations. I have a lot of ground to cover as this forum has become much more active in the last two years. I can’t follow threads that go deep over time. You need to respond to all of my points and requests as soon as possible before you fall off of my radar. The worse problems are guys who ignore issues re thyroid, body temperatures, history of iodized salt. Please do not piss people off saying that lab results are normal, we need lab number and ranges.

The value that you get out of this process and forum depends on your effort and performance. The bulk of your learning is reading/studying the suggested stickies.

200mg isn’t crazy as far as I know. I know a guy who’s on 200mg along with appropriate amounts of anastrozole, and that gets his total T only to the 600 range. He barely feels any benefits. He’s trying to get his doc to get his levels up higher somehow but so far it’s been a losing battle.

You are describing someone who is a T hypermetabolizer. Not rare and typically needing 300mg/week to get where others are at 100mg/week. Along with that, the effective half-life is short and injections should then be divided for EOD dosing to get steady T levels. Too often we see otherwise normal guys given 200mg/week, it seems to be the new fad with some doctors.

Get that guy here!

Appreciate all the feedback

I’ll get results up tonight when I get home along with the other requested data. For the record I’ve been on TRT since september and started out with a 100mg IM weekly and have increase 20mg every 6-8 weeks. Taking .25mg of AI with shot and agains 3 days later. No HCG as I’m 43 and have had a vasectomy so fertility is not a concern.

Awesome and thanks KSman, I never heard of that. I’ll pass along the info.

Anastrozole is a drug that is competitive with T at aromatase reaction sites where T–>E2 happens. Serum T levels need to match serum T levels and that cannot happen with weekly injections.

Inject T 50mg twice a week and subq, not IM for smoother levels and take 0.5mg anastrozole at time of injections.

If you get a 24x7 dull ache in your testes - hCG can fix that as well as shrinkage if that matters to you or Wife/GF.

Do not overlook thyroid!