How am I Supposed to Eat this Much?

[quote]Chi-Towns-Finest wrote:
In fact, why would someone who thinks 7,000cals is so much suddenly need 7,000cals just to gain weight?

[/quote]

People who weigh 235# with 16% bodyfat most likely don’t need 7,000 calories to grow unless, like I said, they have an enormous workload (eg, 15+ hours of exercise per week).

What are you eating now?

Look, just eat more than what you’re eating now and lift hard. if by the next week you haven’t gained weight, eat more the following week. So on and so forth. If you find your weight is creeping up and you’ve made absolutely no strength gains, then re evaluate your calorie sources, but always eat MORE and lift HARD. Repeat this for many years and bingo, size and strength gains.

Shit this is common sense. Don’t make this shit complicated.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]VikingsAD28 wrote:
Shots of olive oil. I have never tried it, but if I were ever desperate for calories I would turn there for some super fast, easy to swallow, clean calories.[/quote]

Ugh. I’ve tried this and will never do it again. Mixing it with some whey makes it bearable.[/quote]

LOL. He hasn’t tried it either…which brings us back to why people are giving advice with no experience behind it.

Anywhoo, to respond to the op, why would someone who needed 7,000cals a day be that concerned about whether they all came from “clean - whatever the hell that means” sources? Eat “clean - whatever the hell that means” 90% of the time and use the rest to get those calories in easily.

In fact, why would someone who thinks 7,000cals is so much suddenly need 7,000cals just to gain weight?[/quote]

Yeah, there is no experience behind that advice because I have never felt the need to add massive amounts of calories to my diet, what I am doing right now is working for me.

Also I just want to add in my defense, I wasn’t telling the OP to take shots of olive oil, I was just trying to help brainstorm ideas if the guy is actually serious about trying to eat 7000 calories a day. One of the above posters gave a much better idea, just up calories some, if that doesn’t work up it some more, repeat.

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:
I want to add in that doing shots of EVOO along caused me to be out of commission with a stomach ache for about 2 hrs. But when mixed in a shake I was good to go. [/quote]

It’s really a pretty horrible experience.
[/quote]

Even the thought of it makes me want to throw up. To the OP of the shots idea take a shot of olive oil (1oz) and let us know if you’ll recommend it anymore lol.

There’s more to what you read once you try it out for yourself. Sorry if I am coming out sounding like a douche bag it is not my intention.

I’ve taken shots of oil. Even tried some double sized shots before. I can take a single 1oz shot no problem, but a 2oz shot kinda gets me a little f’ed up. haha

The main thing I noticed with EVOO shots when I first tried them was an intense swelling feeling in my balls. After reading some fat articles here, I learn that the large amount of oleic acid in olive oil causes your cells (especially the leideg cells in your balls) to absorb cholesterol. Which then results in an increased test production. The feeling eventually went away however (maybe not enough free cholesterol, or my body got used to it).

I also notice that about 20-30 minutes later I’d fart. And it’d be the most horrendous fats you could possibly imagine. Like, almost make yourself puke, bad. One time, I took the shot for a laugh at a friends house, soon after we went on a 2 hour long road trip. I farted outside of the car, but alas, it followed me into the car. His gf nearly upchucked in my car. The trip resulted in a few “stop” so I could get out and release that gas pain from trying to hold it in. fun times

Lastly, there is the insane gag feeling. Coupled with the oil leaving a coat and a really long lasting lingering after taste, means you will want a chaser. I use water and swish it around in my mouth. I also have to hold my breath before I bring the shot close to my face, or I’ll gag on a Pavlovian reflex from the oil smell alone.

It’s fun to mess around with, but I don’t do it often. I do make high fat scrambled eggs though. Add in oil to your whole eggs and scramble away. keep the cook time as short as possible to avoid turning the oil rancid from the heat. 1 table spoon per egg is what I toss in. 4 large eggs and you’re looking at several hundred calories. Stir fry some veggies to go with. It’s not half bad. Good P+F meal imo.

Why you’d want to start eating 7000 cals when you have such a problem trying to figure out how to even eat that much is beyond me. I agree with people who say that you should bump the calories until you hit the desired effect. But then again, I find I need between 3600-4000 for a small guy like me to make progress, and you’ve got quite a lot more weight on than I do, so maybe 7000 isn’t far off. I dunno, I’ll get back to you with a personal experience when I break the 200 mark. haha

edit: kinda have to take it with a grain of salt, since I’m likely one of “those guys”. the smaller guy who gets accused of keyboard warrior shit with little experience with the inner workings of diet/nutrition. I’ll admit, I’m 5’8", 162lb. Training for a little over a year, and I started out at a small 130. As for bf, i can only say it’s around 11-12% based on my bio-impedance scale. So in my defense, I’m trying to learn as much as I can, even if I’m only “new” to the lifting/getting huge game. haha

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

Shots of olive oil. I have never tried it, but if I were ever desperate for calories I would turn there for some super fast, easy to swallow, clean calories.[/quote]

Ugh. I’ve tried this and will never do it again. Mixing it with some whey makes it bearable.[/quote]

LOL. He hasn’t tried it either…which brings us back to why people are giving advice with no experience behind it.

Anywhoo, to respond to the op, why would someone who needed 7,000cals a day be that concerned about whether they all came from “clean - whatever the hell that means” sources? Eat “clean - whatever the hell that means” 90% of the time and use the rest to get those calories in easily.

In fact, why would someone who thinks 7,000cals is so much suddenly need 7,000cals just to gain weight?[/quote]

You know, I was going to say something very similar. I have a strong suspicion this guy even needs 7,000 considering that he’s wondering what to eat to get it all. Guys who need 7,000 to gain are fucking huge and very experienced. Either that, or they have an enormous workload because of some competitive endeavor. I strongly doubt he calculated his needs properly.

Giving vague advice like “take shots of olive oil” is ridiculous too, considering that it’s so god-damn easy to over-consume oils and people can wind up with several hundreds of calories or even a thousand extra per day.

Plus this dude ain’t that lean and he’s not huge. So one of these “eat everything sight” diets ain’t gonna cut it. [/quote]

How about you reread my post. I am going to be doing the Surge Growth. During the two a day weeks i am supposed to eat this much according to the calculations I made using the formula provided in the text. I have never attempted a bulking plan before since i have been cutting from 315 and very fat. so that is why i dont know what to eat to get that many cals i have been eating for cutting for a long time now 2500-3500 cals a day and thats in 7 meals. so that is why i posted on here for help, not criticism.

The best I can suggest, and it’s probably obvious, is to go as calorically dense as possible. add oil to your food, eat rice and other stuff that has a ton of calories per weight. still try to eat non shitty foods, but at 7000cals you’re probably flexible and could sarf down some mc dicks. You could also eat MRP shakes. yes, eat.

Mix some crazy 1200+ cal shake with enough whole fat milk to give it the consistency of pudding. eat with a spoon. A friend of mine melts coconut oil in the microwave, mixes it with nut butter and protein. it makes a pretty tasty, albeit bland looking, food.

Probably the very first place to start would be to figure out exactly what your macro breakdown would look like? how much of what would you be eating? and does this plan have a recommended break down?

if you go with 2g protein/lb, then you’re looking at 470g, which is 1880cals. maybe 768g carbs for another 3072 cals, and then 228g fat for the rest of your daily.

or 350g protein, 400g fat, and 500g carb. that’s 7000cals even.

i dunno. you want some advice. but really you should be asking some one who’s eaten that much food. ask sumo wrestlers! :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know about you guys. But I think someone who is 16% BF, but most likely around 20% (btw I am calling you a lier, OP, just that MOST people underestimate their BF) to do 7000 Calorie diet. After a few months, he will easily be in 25% BF range and that I do not think should be permitted even while gaining.
Just a thought.

The Massive Eating article has sample meal plans.

[quote]tylerlehmann wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

You know, I was going to say something very similar. I have a strong suspicion this guy even needs 7,000 considering that he’s wondering what to eat to get it all. Guys who need 7,000 to gain are fucking huge and very experienced. Either that, or they have an enormous workload because of some competitive endeavor. I strongly doubt he calculated his needs properly.

Giving vague advice like “take shots of olive oil” is ridiculous too, considering that it’s so god-damn easy to over-consume oils and people can wind up with several hundreds of calories or even a thousand extra per day.

Plus this dude ain’t that lean and he’s not huge. So one of these “eat everything sight” diets ain’t gonna cut it. [/quote]

How about you reread my post. I am going to be doing the Surge Growth. During the two a day weeks i am supposed to eat this much according to the calculations I made using the formula provided in the text. I have never attempted a bulking plan before since i have been cutting from 315 and very fat. so that is why i dont know what to eat to get that many cals i have been eating for cutting for a long time now 2500-3500 cals a day and thats in 7 meals. so that is why i posted on here for help, not criticism. [/quote]

Gee, we did read your post…and the added info of how fat you used to be is YET another reason you may not want to suddenly take in 7,000cals.

You are basing what you should eat on a fucking calculator and NOT how your body responds. I don’t care who wrote the article that makes no sense, especially if you used to be obese and are this concerned about the food intake.

Why the hell do so many of you assume it is us who don’t know what we are talking about?

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

How about you reread my post. I am going to be doing the Surge Growth. During the two a day weeks i am supposed to eat this much according to the calculations I made using the formula provided in the text. I have never attempted a bulking plan before since i have been cutting from 315 and very fat. so that is why i dont know what to eat to get that many cals i have been eating for cutting for a long time now 2500-3500 cals a day and thats in 7 meals. so that is why i posted on here for help, not criticism. [/quote]

Gee, we did read your post…and the added info of how fat you used to be is YET another reason you may not want to suddenly take in 7,000cals.

You are basing what you should eat on a fucking calculator and NOT how your body responds. I don’t care who wrote the article that makes no sense, especially if you used to be obese and are this concerned about the food intake.

Why the hell do so many of you assume it is us who don’t know what we are talking about?[/quote]

Calculators give the illusion of control.

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:

Calculators give the illusion of control.[/quote]

Illusion is right because ignoring what your body is telling you and simply following every word of a guru is the very definition of NO control.

Damn…personal training is just easy money.

[quote]Fuzzyapple wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

I want to add in that doing shots of EVOO along caused me to be out of commission with a stomach ache for about 2 hrs. But when mixed in a shake I was good to go. [/quote]

You guys are pussys lol. It’s not that bad…

But then again I didn’t need it as a long term solution.

Hi i was in your position emm like 8 months ago sans the previous obesity.

Search for the Big Beyond Belief thread do that program.

Then start with:

1g of good fats per lb of bodyweight

1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight

Carbs early morning and pre workout.

Weigh once every 2 weeks to see if weights going up.

Also get a tape measure… if your stomach is expanding faster than normal then you doing something wrong.

I changed aallooott in 8 months it is possible… and most definately NOT with 7,000 calories :slight_smile:

Im eating 4200 at the moment and i put on around 80-100 LBS from where i was. Cut down to go on holidays

<<-- See pic, so the program works, the advice works, Prof X forgot more than i’ll ever know about gaining weight. I listened to him and worked out fine… will you ??

Best thing you can do is stop reading articles, and stop asking people on the forum what to do…

PM:

MODOK
Prof X ( When he answers :P)
Use the Cephalic Carnage how do you train thread to contact Ceph
And the Big Beyond Belief thread.

ALL you need. As i was told not building a nuclear weapon just adding weight :slight_smile:

[quote]ghdtpdna wrote:
I don’t know about you guys. But I think someone who is 16% BF, but most likely around 20% (btw I am calling you a lier, OP, just that MOST people underestimate their BF) to do 7000 Calorie diet. After a few months, he will easily be in 25% BF range and that I do not think should be permitted even while gaining.
Just a thought.[/quote]

ITS 16% SIR I HAVE HAD IT CHECKED AND I HAVE CALIPERS ITS 16% AND I WOULDN’T BE EATING THAT MUCH FOR MONTHS ITS JUST TWO WEEKS

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]chimera182 wrote:

Why the hell do so many of you assume it is us who don’t know what we are talking about?[/quote]

I am basing it on that because that is what the article says to do. I know everybody is different but I would need to try the way it is intended on being done and tweak it from there. I’m just concerned about the food intake because its a lot. I know you know what you are talking about, you are huge. The last couple years of my life have been learning what I can about bodybuilding. So I know exactly what your saying I was just trying something new to see how I responded.

[quote]SmallToBig wrote:

<<-- See pic, so the program works[/quote]

You are either a genetic anomaly, or I fucking hate myself for slacking… LOL

good work man.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]SmallToBig wrote:

good work man.[/quote]

Thank you Sir :slight_smile:

I HIGHLY reccomend everyone to the 6 Day a Week BBB program… you literally cannot slack.

You don’t eat enough your body is gonna let you know SO fast after Squat day so your forced on the path of doing it right or be in a alot of pain !

Try it out loads of people have tried it, Trav seems to have become a freaking house off it aswell… and then theres the guy who started it all MODOK ^^

[quote]ghdtpdna wrote:
Just a thought.[/quote]

Good job not reading a word of his posts. He said that he’s doing this 7000 calorie thing for 2 days out of the week. My guess is that it has something to do with bumping up the metabolism. I’ve watched body builders splurge like this after shows and they always put on a ton of muscle.

In order to determine what this is going to do, we really need to know what the other 5 days of the week are supposed to look like in terms of calories.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]SmallToBig wrote:

good work man.[/quote]

X2, holy shit dude, awesome.