How Am I Doing?

I’m just wondering how I’m doing for my age and size.

16 yrs
5’11"
183 lb

Bench: 250x1
Squat: 315x1
Dead Lift: 345x1
OH Press: 145x1

You’re doing fine, but you can always do better.

You are doing great man, just keep on going forward :slight_smile:

Solid work, don’t label yourself though bro, progress is progress and you know if you’re progressing or not, so if you’re moving forward then you’re doing great!!! I always get upset looking at ppl younger than me or my age that are FREAKS, not all of us are blessed with freak genetics but damn it we can be the best possible for OUR genetics! Train hard, eat big, sleep big, things will work itself out, also it’d be good to post up some videos so ppl can help with your technique etc, make sure you squat ATG every rep or don’t squat at all!!! Just my opinion!

You know damn well your doing good for your age & size lol. Just keep progressing, train hard, eat well, sleep well, and repeat.

[quote]pure_country wrote:
Solid work, don’t label yourself though bro, progress is progress and you know if you’re progressing or not, so if you’re moving forward then you’re doing great!!! I always get upset looking at ppl younger than me or my age that are FREAKS, not all of us are blessed with freak genetics but damn it we can be the best possible for OUR genetics! Train hard, eat big, sleep big, things will work itself out, also it’d be good to post up some videos so ppl can help with your technique etc, make sure you squat ATG every rep or don’t squat at all!!! Just my opinion! [/quote]

thanks man, what does ATG mean?..

ATG= “ass to grass” meaning full range of motion

You’re 1 strong 16 y/o. Just keep training but know when to back off so you don’t injure yourself. (meaning keep your ego in check)

Yes ATG = ass to grass, squat until your hamstrings touch your calves then go back up, THAT is a squat, watch some videos of kirk karwoski, you’ll get the idea, and i can proudly say that kirk is one of my hero’s and friends! :slight_smile: sorry had to brag haha

i’ve always been told to go no further than parallel cause it’ll mess up my knees? I already have tendinitis in both knees and don’t wanna fuck em up any more than what’s necessary so should i still be squatting down that low?

No, squatting below parallel will not give you knee cancer, that’s not how the body works. In fact not squatting to parallel and below is more detrimental to your knee health. Squatting heavy will kill your knees sooner or later, just hope it’s not sooner.

Squat for your purpose, if you plan on competing in a federation; find out the depth they require of you. If you’re a football player, squat parallel, onto a box maybe? as you will probably never sit ass to ankles on the field. If you olympic lift or wrestle, many coaches recommend atg squats.

And I’ve never seen Kirk Karwoski squat ATG, not in competition at least.

A “normal” squat to me is your hip crease is in line with the top of your knee cap, which is slightly below parallel depending on how big your legs are.

At the end of the day, squat for your purpose and stay injury free. You’re doing great bro, hope to share stories with you when we’re 40.

Thanks, I’ve been thinking of doing smolov, but everything I’ve read says to not do work anything else while doing it. Would I be able to do it for bench as well at the same time?

[quote]bhssophomore wrote:
Thanks, I’ve been thinking of doing smolov, but everything I’ve read says to not do work anything else while doing it. Would I be able to do it for bench as well at the same time? [/quote]
yes

I have never run smolov, but know several people who have. From what I’ve read of the program itself and hearsay, when doing smolov, everything else is basically maintenance mode. Just keep that in mind, and you should be fine if you decide to do it.

hey what do i know? lol Do as you wish! :slight_smile: