How Am I Doing?

No I knew you guys would think I’m a troll but Im not. I want to be big (check out the name!) but I just wanted to know how to do it and if Im heading in the right direction.

This is actually the reason I wated so long to join and post. Some of the people on this cite are just so negative and don’t like to give advice kindly. Too all of you who have given me good advice here I appreciate it I’ll work hard and prove all the haters here wrong.

lol

[quote]WannaBeRealBig wrote:
What, beans arent a good protein source? I had read in health class that they were? What would you guys recommend instead???

And I here you guys on the carbs. I’m thinkin about adding them slowly back in.

What do you guys do supplement wise? The personal trainer at the Y told me I ought to get on creatine and perhaps NO Explode. I dunno though, I’m nervous to try anobolics…[/quote]

This is ridiculous. You are nervous to try “anobolics” eh? lol already thinking about steroids are we?

Just get some quality protein powder and some creatine.

You really need to reevaluate what you think you know about gaining muscle. Pretty much everything you’ve said so far is not correct. I’d hate to see what your training routine looks like if this is how your diet/supplementation views go, but post it anyways.

The sad thing is, assuming this isn’t a troll, is that a lot of younger trainers really are in the dark about a lot of the information that we assume everyone knows. I work in a high school, and I can’t tell you the BS these kids are taught in their health class.

S

i don’t get it. i am a lurker too but i actually try to read the articles and incorporate some of it in my training, granted i’ve only been training for about 2 months. read the fucking articles, train for a year and then maybe you can ask guys on the intrawebz what they think of your progress. there is so much shit on the internet it’s ridiculous, everyday i learn something new about nutrition and training. START READING dude! i bet you’re like the guy i see everyday at my gym, who wears a weight belt runs on a treadmill, does crunches and some weird humping motions then takes off his belt and leaves.

Waylander and Stu I appreciate you guys taking the time to respond you guys are where i want to be at one day.

I don’t understand why you guys think i’m trolling cause i’m not. Keep hating it just me more motivation.

And hey obsoletestate where’s the love? If we’re both newbs and lurkers we should prop each other up not tare each other down!

Read this. It helped significantly for me to ‘get’ a lot of things.

Oh, and eat.

I really with this site had an automatic spell check…

Thanks impega for the help. I know i need to eat more but I just have a fast metabolism and sometimes i feel like i have to stuff myself just to maintain weight.

Professor X is really big but he does not seem to have much definishun. Is this what it takes to really “bulk”?

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
I really with this site had an automatic spell check…[/quote]

I’ll second that

Thanks impega for the help. I know i need to eat more but I just have a fast metabolism and sometimes i feel like i have to stuff myself just to maintain weight.

Professor X is really big but he does not seem to have much definishun. Is this what it takes to really “bulk”? [/quote]

Don’t take this the wrong way but do you know how many calories you eat in a day? I suggest that you keep a food log for a couple days and figure out how many calories you are eating including the carb/protein and fat breakdown. It has been my experience that claiming a fast metabolism is only an excuse.

And remember if you want to be really big you need to bulk up. Once the muscle is there it doesn’t take much to lose the fat assuming you don’t get out of hand with the weight gain.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
The sad thing is, assuming this isn’t a troll, is that a lot of younger trainers really are in the dark about a lot of the information that we assume everyone knows. I work in a high school, and I can’t tell you the BS these kids are taught in their health class.

S
[/quote]

Agree :frowning:

Professor X is really big but he does not seem to have much definishun. Is this what it takes to really “bulk”? [/quote]

I was going to try and leave some funny comment regarding this post but it is so wrong in every possible way that I dont know where to begin. If the youth is our future and this is our youth today…we are fucked beyond belief.

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
I really wish this site had an automatic spell check…[/quote]

Fixed.

[quote]Eric89 wrote:
WannaBeRealBig wrote:

Professor X is really big but he does not seem to have much definishun. Is this what it takes to really “bulk”?

I was going to try and leave some funny comment regarding this post but it is so wrong in every possible way that I dont know where to begin. If the youth is our future and this is our youth today…we are fucked beyond belief.[/quote]

Sometimes I hate my generation.

Professor X is really big but he does not seem to have much definishun. [/quote]

[quote]flanker6 wrote:
inkaddict wrote:
I really with this site had an automatic spell check…

I’ll second that[/quote]

definishun. I’m sorry, what?

Before you start bulking up and liftng hard, please learn your grammar or is English your second language?

Or R U’s d0inG diS 0n PurP0se? CuZ I LyKe TyPn lYkE DiS?

Damn 9ers…

[quote]inkaddict wrote:
I really with this site had an automatic spell check…[/quote]

it’s called Firefox. Only reason I use it.

Why can’t you spell?

Dude don’t listen to these fools, They know nothing! Do what your doing man, Only eat 1000kcal per day/ 100 grams of carbs…no 25g of carbs, you may get to big on 100, and go down to 120g of Protein per day…This’ll get you the perfect bod with hawt abz!!!

Can I just say, I’m a 09’er and this dude is making me feel really good about myself… I joined the site and have been “lurking” for a while now (although I prefer to call it learning), and it’s obvious this is a troll. You’re just giving this dude a good laugh at this point, so why even respond?

Anyway, on behalf of the other “stealth” members, thanks for all the quality info you guys provide. It’s been translating into gains so far, but not to the point where I need to rate my physique… Maybe in another year or so of heavy lifting/eating. Jeez…