T Nation

How Accurate Is This Site?


#1

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html

It's supposed to help determine body fat %.

Anyway, I got 5.5% body fat, which is believable I suppose. I'm 6'2 181lbs. Gaining weight has always been hard for me, and I'm fairly cut.


#2

NO it’s NOT accurate…I am 87 kilos and 13% bf I’m not even near 7% bodyfat…and fairly lean is not 5.5% bodyfat,It’s shredded.


#3

it said i was 8% but im pretty sure im closer to 15-20.


#4

[quote]uberbdon wrote:
http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html

It’s supposed to help determine body fat %.

Anyway, I got 5.5% body fat, which is believable I suppose. I’m 6’2 181lbs. Gaining weight has always been hard for me, and I’m fairly cut. [/quote]

5.5% is nearly bodybuilder-on-stage cut. You aren’t 5.5%.


#5

[quote]quidnunc wrote:
uberbdon wrote:
http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html

It’s supposed to help determine body fat %.

Anyway, I got 5.5% body fat, which is believable I suppose. I’m 6’2 181lbs. Gaining weight has always been hard for me, and I’m fairly cut.

5.5% is nearly bodybuilder-on-stage cut. You aren’t 5.5%. [/quote]

X2

5.5% is VERY VERY low body fat and not attainable unless you’re a genetic FREAK and/or work your ass off.

You don’t just end up there.


#6

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
quidnunc wrote:
uberbdon wrote:
http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html

It’s supposed to help determine body fat %.

Anyway, I got 5.5% body fat, which is believable I suppose. I’m 6’2 181lbs. Gaining weight has always been hard for me, and I’m fairly cut.

5.5% is nearly bodybuilder-on-stage cut. You aren’t 5.5%.

X2

5.5% is VERY VERY low body fat and not attainable unless you’re a genetic FREAK and/or work your ass off.

You don’t just end up there. [/quote]

Yeah I was being facetious, lol. Anyway, calipers can’t be too expensive or hard to use, eh?


#7

I got a 4% … almost competition ready!! FWIW calipers 2 wks ago indicate 12%. No way I dropped 8% in 2 weeks. The site is a fucking joke, but fun none the less


#8

It’s totally BOLLOCKS! I got 5.5%…

LR


#9

[quote]London Runner wrote:
It’s totally BOLLOCKS! I got 5.5%…

LR[/quote]

Certainly is bollocks, everyone here knows you’re 32%


#10

It says I’m 23.5% I think that is not accurate.


#11

[quote]polo77j wrote:
London Runner wrote:
It’s totally BOLLOCKS! I got 5.5%…

LR

Certainly is bollocks, everyone here knows you’re 32%[/quote]

Get your fucking facts straight! It’s 42.31436% at the moment.

LR


#12

I want to say it’s true, but my love handles disagree…


#13

[quote]Taufiq wrote:
I want to say it’s true, but my love handles disagree…[/quote]

You gotta do it while you have a shoe in your hand to get it really accurate.