How About Them Pats....

Boy did I enjoy watching the colts get cock-slapped on national television. People in Indiana love to smell their own piss, the def don’t have much to celebrate about, and this victory made it all the sweater cuz now Nascar’s finest fans don’t have anything to holler and hoot about…

Not to mention im the biggest pats fan ever…

Anyone else think peyton manning is overrated?

They lose next week!!

Overrated? I don’t know. In a way I think every quarterback is overrated, especially if they are having a good year. At the same time he is probably one of the smartest qb’s out there and definitely in the top 5 at his position.

As far as the game, it doesn’t really surprose me much. Belichick has a way of stiffling quarterbacks. Manning also has this “big game” thing he needs to work out. Maybe it’s unfair to label him with this problem since few teams could actually beat the Patriots, but he’s stuck with the label until he proves otherwise.

Eagles Baby…will beat either of them.

Ehh,I don’t think Manning is overated.I’m not a big fan of the guy but I do think he’s probably right now the best QB in the league.Not only because he’s so accurate but because he’s so smart on the field.His ability to take one look at a defensive scheme and check out of it is awesome.Don’t you think though that his “rivalry” with Tom Brady is kind of like Russel/Chamberlain back in the day.Wilt had the unbelieveable stats but when it was all on the line 9 times out of 10 he couldn’t beat Bill Russel.

gee, i was hoping to watch a game of football, not rain-wind-snowball.

colts are a fair-weather offense.

as great i think the pats are, the game woulda been very different had they been in a dome.

[quote]wufwugy wrote:

as great i think the pats are, the game woulda been very different had they been in a dome.[/quote]

I agree with, but at the same time I think football is not meant to be played inside on carpet. It’s a game of the elements. And that’s why teams play the regular season and fight for home-field(or dome-field) advantage.

[quote]hoosierdaddy wrote:
Boy did I enjoy watching the colts get cock-slapped on national television. People in Indiana love to smell their own piss, the def don’t have much to celebrate about, and this victory made it all the sweater cuz now Nascar’s finest fans don’t have anything to holler and hoot about…

Anyone else think peyton manning is overrated?[/quote]

Pats fan in Indiana? Your as bad as me, a Raider fan in Denver (Bay Area Native!!).

[quote]malonetd wrote:
wufwugy wrote:

as great i think the pats are, the game woulda been very different had they been in a dome.

I agree with, but at the same time I think football is not meant to be played inside on carpet. It’s a game of the elements. And that’s why teams play the regular season and fight for home-field(or dome-field) advantage.[/quote]

football was never meant to be played in a dome, and the RCA dome will be replaced in two years anyways…

manning is overrated, he’s the best qb in the game now, but not the best in history like alot of people say. Plus I could never stand payton manning, i mean honestly, he look like he has down syndrome. It’s almost impossible to guard receivers these days in the NFL, you can hardly touch them after five yards, i would love to have seen Marino play in his prime in this day and age with the receivers manning has. He would have thrown for 60 easy.

the colts, as I expected, are a fairweather team, and not only that, have absolutely no secondary to speak of. Nick Harper? He’s a running joke in Indianapolis, whenever we would run routes in practice even the IU coaches would be like “damn! you got nick harpered (burnt on defense)”

the best, correction, only thing the colts have going for them defensively is dwight freeney, and he’ll be gone soon enough when the colts realize they have no money to spend on defense after overpaying manning.

wufguy, i dont understand your post. weather is an aspect of football, as football is really the only of the 4 real sports that doesnt cancel games to weather. The icebowl, the mud bowl, the tuck rule vs. oakland, weather is part of football lore. Otherwise, it’s just arena football on a larger scale.
Christ, am I the only one who appreciates the old NFL films of lambardi cheering up the packers in the cold of the 60’s, or Jim Brown running thru the defense in windy cleveland, or John Riggins mauling people over in the muddy rainy arena that was RFK. Its part of the game.

All i will say is this. The Colts should be gratefull that Ty Law, Tyrone Poole, and Richard Seymour were on the injured list. Otherwise, they wouldnt have scored a single point, and as history tells us, Peyton would have probably thrown two touchdowns.

To Ty Law going the other way.

I dont even care if we lose to pittsburgh in the AFC championship game or whomever in the superbowl, but fuck if we were going to lose to some soft indoor team with a special needs quarterback.

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
hoosierdaddy wrote:

Anyone else think peyton manning is overrated?

Pats fan in Indiana? Your as bad as me, a Raider fan in Denver (Bay Area Native!!).

[/quote]

fuck yeah, born in upstate NY, started the pats love there, and continued it even tho I call washington D.C. home.

Manning and Brady are the two best quarterbacks in the game right now, in my opinion.

The big difference is Brady has an amazing defense as a safety net. The Pats’ defense plays like an offense - aggressive and interested not just in holding the line but making plays.

Manning has got to outgun his opponents - and in order to win, he just can’t have an off-game.

I don’t think Manning is overrated - he is the quintessential T-man quarterback. All he does is work his ass off to be the best player he can be and when the accolades come, he has an ‘aw shucks’ mentality and defers to great teammates.

Very refreshing in this day and age of shameless hype and self-promotion.

But as for the Pats, I love the way they play football. I don’t think any team can match their grit in a cold, mucky game in the snow - which playoff football almost always is.

Can’t root for them, though - I would like to see McNabb get a ring.

Eagles - Pats, do you forget the COMPLETE ass beating they both took two weeks in a row?

[quote]STILLERS wrote:
Eagles - Pats, do you forget the COMPLETE ass beating they both took two weeks in a row?[/quote]

No corey dillon and bellicheck wasn’t prepared for the blitzberg defense. He won’t not be prepared this time around. Rothlesperger looked really out of key in that last game vs. the jets and he almost cost them the game with his interception that he threw, he’s lucky the jets kicker choked. I do think that pittsburgh has the edge, if anything just because the steelers might have fate on their side this year, but its a completely different ball game now then when they first played. Also, 34-20 does not substitute to an complete ass beating.

Also, the eagles proved they could play without TO. They are a more complete team this time around. Only problem is, they have to win the NFC championship game, and im never ruling out Vick coming thru or the Eagles choking.

I would not be the least bit suprised if the pats won, as they will have cory dillion this time, a revamped defense, and richard seymour rested and ready. Again, on sundays, anything is possible.

[quote]hoosierdaddy wrote:
malonetd wrote:
wufwugy wrote:

I agree with, but at the same time I think football is not meant to be played inside on carpet. It’s a game of the elements. And that’s why teams play the regular season and fight for home-field(or dome-field) advantage.

football was never meant to be played in a dome, and the RCA dome will be replaced in two years anyways…

manning is overrated, he’s the best qb in the game now, but not the best in history like alot of people say. Plus I could never stand payton manning, i mean honestly, he look like he has down syndrome. It’s almost impossible to guard receivers these days in the NFL, you can hardly touch them after five yards, i would love to have seen Marino play in his prime in this day and age with the receivers manning has. He would have thrown for 60 easy.

the colts, as I expected, are a fairweather team, and not only that, have absolutely no secondary to speak of. Nick Harper? He’s a running joke in Indianapolis, whenever we would run routes in practice even the IU coaches would be like “damn! you got nick harpered (burnt on defense)”

the best, correction, only thing the colts have going for them defensively is dwight freeney, and he’ll be gone soon enough when the colts realize they have no money to spend on defense after overpaying manning.

wufguy, i dont understand your post. weather is an aspect of football, as football is really the only of the 4 real sports that doesnt cancel games to weather. The icebowl, the mud bowl, the tuck rule vs. oakland, weather is part of football lore. Otherwise, it’s just arena football on a larger scale.
Christ, am I the only one who appreciates the old NFL films of lambardi cheering up the packers in the cold of the 60’s, or Jim Brown running thru the defense in windy cleveland, or John Riggins mauling people over in the muddy rainy arena that was RFK. Its part of the game.

All i will say is this. The Colts should be gratefull that Ty Law, Tyrone Poole, and Richard Seymour were on the injured list. Otherwise, they wouldnt have scored a single point, and as history tells us, Peyton would have probably thrown two touchdowns.

To Ty Law going the other way.

I dont even care if we lose to pittsburgh in the AFC championship game or whomever in the superbowl, but fuck if we were going to lose to some soft indoor team with a special needs quarterback.[/quote]

just saying that i enjoy watching the colts and i wanted them to win because i am not a pat fan. don’t get me wrong, pats are awesome, i just wanted to watch the colts go all the way.

can you imagine i was hoping for nice weather?

btw, pats will maul pittsburgh next week.

Pats will beat Pitt. No way Rothlisberger stands a chance this time. Sorry steel-heads, your cinderella-esque season is about to come to a crashing halt at the feet of Corey Dillon. Pats win it all!! (sorry guys i’m a huge Pats fan).

[quote]mazrio wrote:
Pats will beat Pitt. No way Rothlisberger stands a chance this time. Sorry steel-heads, your cinderella-esque season is about to come to a crashing halt at the feet of Corey Dillon. Pats win it all!! (sorry guys i’m a huge Pats fan).[/quote]

amen brother, amen

There is a chance, however remote, that Michael Vick destroys whatever is put in front of him for the next two games and is Super Bowl MVP in a 42-14 thrashing of Pittsburgh (I’ll take them if asked). In fact, maybe it isn’t that remote.

I personally would love to see a New England/Atlanta matchup. I would like to see Belichick’s defense against Vick.

The Patriot’s defense just has a way of disrupting opposing qb’s. Rothlisberger looked very average, and at times below average, against the New Jersey Jets. I don’t expect him to be able to do much against the Pats, either.

I guess there is a possibilty of a letdown after the huge performance against the Colts, but I think New England is too well coached for that. I think we’re looking at a dynasty.

I believe Plex, Duce, Kendrell, Chad Scott, Casey Hampton among others were injured during both iggles and patsy games. The score was close because Pitt wen’t into turtle mode to hold on to the game. Even with that, the score was closer than the stats would lead you to believe. Big Ben got the “jitters” out - he’ll be fine.

Those aren’t the real Patriots that are playing.

The real Patriots have little Minutemen in a three-point stance on their helmets. They have a QB named Grogan who has a really long neck. That’s who the Patriots are.

I don’t know who the team is playing in N.E, but they’re not Patriots.