How About the Detroit Tigers?

American League Champions…how sweet it is! I’m so happy for Jim Leyland, the players, and the entire city.

Now they can rest and wait to see if they’ll face the Mets or the Cards.

I don’t think you could wipe the smile off my face right now if you tried. :slight_smile:

Its so great to finally see the hometown team going to the series. For years, my friends and I were made fun of for liking the tigers (and now we get made fun of for liking the lions!). It’ll be nice for the tigers to have a week off before the series starts to get Zumaya and the rest of the pitching staff rested up.

Go Tigers!!

[quote]Mod Laurie wrote:
American League Champions…how sweet it is! I’m so happy for Jim Leyland, the players, and the entire city.

I don’t think you could wipe the smile off my face right now if you tried. :)[/quote]

The baseball gods will rectify things when the cardinals blow them out in the Series.

I can try…

The Padres got spanked…how was that?
LT has a broken leg and wont play against SF…

How did I do?

Just kidding L, I need LT to do well in my fantasy so no jinx here, congrats on “your” Tigers.

A

[quote]Mod Laurie wrote:

I don’t think you could wipe the smile off my face right now if you tried. :)[/quote]

Nice walkoff home run tonight.

It’s not the same without Sparky Anderson.

[quote]Amsterdam Animal wrote:
I can try…

How did I do?

Just kidding L, I need LT to do well in my fantasy so no jinx here, congrats on “your” Tigers.

A
[/quote]

Luckily I have 2 teams to root for cause my Padres just didn’t have the bats to get past the Cards again this year. However, my Tigers do, plus they have the best pitching so they can match up with either the Cards or Mets.

AA, I panicked when you said LT was hurt. That was cruel. :slight_smile:

Hell Yea! Were going crazy here in Detroit baby!

GO TIGERS!

Haha sorry baby, just messing with you. I would love to see the Tigers go all the way. I like to see a success story like that. Hell it gives me hope that my Orioles will go all the way next year. Eeeh yeah…ok…

A

[quote]Mod Laurie wrote:
Amsterdam Animal wrote:
I can try…

How did I do?

A

Luckily I have 2 teams to root for cause my Padres just didn’t have the bats to get past the Cards again this year. However, my Tigers do, plus they have the best pitching so they can match up with either the Cards or Mets.

AA, I panicked when you said LT was hurt. That was cruel. :)[/quote]

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Mod Laurie wrote:

I don’t think you could wipe the smile off my face right now if you tried. :slight_smile:

The baseball gods will rectify things when the cardinals blow them out in the Series.[/quote]

I concur. CARDINALS ALL THE WAY!!!

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Mod Laurie wrote:

The baseball gods will rectify things when the cardinals blow them out in the Series.[/quote]
Is that before or after the Cardinals lose the next 3 games?

I know Cubs fans must be dying. The Red Sox, the White Sox, now the Tigers and possibly the Mets facing off against each other? God hates the Cubs.

The Tigers lost 2/3 to the Jays, and were swept by KC, thus becoming the wild card.

They then proceed to crush the Yankees and sweep the A’s! Go figure…

Where’s JTF? We need a conspiracy theory here. :wink:

Go Tigs!

All the way, baby!

[quote]slimjim wrote:
Mod Laurie wrote:

That’s a pretty high degree of confidence for a team sporting a 1 game lead 3 games into a best of seven…

I’m not a Tigers fan, though I don’t have anything against them, and I have to say I think they’ll take the whole thing.

You know me, the Tigers beat the Yankees, so go Tigers!

[quote]Mod Phoenix wrote:
You know me, the Tigers beat the Yankees, so go Tigers![/quote]

Yeah, yeah, yeah… Shut it!
haha

[quote]slimjim wrote:
right now if you tried. :slight_smile:

hahahaha… thats funny… you are kidding right?