House Trains his Foundation

[quote]Professor X wrote:
waldo21212 wrote:
Professor X wrote:
The machine he uses at the beginning is what I use for squats now…and it has really made a difference. The machine at my gym is slightly different and follows a more natural arc of movement which allows me to go pretty low.

Is it the hammer strength v-squat that you use? If it is, do you go in facing the pad like was he was in the video, or use it with your back against the pad?

That’s the closest to the one I use only it isn’t Hammer Strength and the foot platform curves (concave). I face outward on mine away from the pad and try to go as low as I can. I also go pretty heavy (or so I would assume judging by the stares I get when using the heaviest weight I go up to).

Edit: Mine also holds eleven 45lbs plates on each side. That one in the pic seems to not even hold half that. [/quote]

Yeah, the Hammer Strength V-Squat doesn’t hold enough plates - that’s the main problem I have with it, the best ones I have seen (older ones) hold 7 plates per side, but most of them seem to only hold 5-6 pps.

that squat machine is getting really popular…I started using it a couple months ago(when I saw stallone using it in a video) and I really like it…

notice sly using 2.5 plates a side and not 11…lol

[quote]Professor X wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
Professor X wrote:
The machine he uses at the beginning is what I use for squats now…and it has really made a difference. The machine at my gym is slightly different and follows a more natural arc of movement which allows me to go pretty low.

you mean the hack squat? least that’s what I call it, even though I think the actual name of the designer is different.

anyways, I like how does the step off with one leg, pretty good idea

That’s not a hack squat. A hack squat is on a rail. That machine mimics a real squat pretty damn close, especially the one at my gym. I also have Johnnie Jackson’s training vid and he uses that for legs also.

House does a shit load of unilateral movements for legs. The only thing I want to know is if he has done that for years to reach where he is now or if it is something he just added in.

I usually only do one legged presses on the leg press machine as a warm up before moving to that squat movement. Maybe I should give that one legged shit a try.[/quote]

I know Flex Wheeler was a big believer in doing unilateral movements for better development, especially for the thighs, so I’d consider it something worth looking into too.

Monster calves.

This guy is a… house.

[quote]mtotry wrote:
that squat machine is getting really popular…I started using it a couple months ago(when I saw stallone using it in a video) and I really like it…

notice sly using 2.5 plates a side and not 11…lol[/quote]

look at his foot placement…you sure he’s not doing that for calves?

Pretty brutal looking session. Nice vid.

Huge ass too.

[quote]hardgnr wrote:

Huge ass too.[/quote]

That is homo.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
hardgnr wrote:

Huge ass too.

That is homo.[/quote]

And?

Love the unilateral reverse lunge/step-off move using the standing calf raise machine.

I like doing standing unilateral leg work variations (good recruitment of core stabilizers)
so I definitely will be incorporating this exercise.

It does appear from the vid that he is using an elevated standing/starting foot position
most likely to increase ROM.

[quote]SSC wrote:
I’ve always liked House. Cool guy… pretty quiet. I always like him because I feel like my calves CAN get to that level pretty easily. :)[/quote]

Go fuck yourself.

That video made me and my calves sad.

He could stop training calves now and forever… and STILL be likely to have the top calves in any contest he enters. Fuckin’ genetics!

He impresses me with his creativity in the gym. A resourceful mind can often make do (and succeed) with standard equipment. Makes me wonder how I can use my Leverage Squat machine in new ways. Hmmm…

By the way, here’s a pic of House with his young son Shed.

lol

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
By the way, here’s a pic of House with his young son Shed.

lol[/quote]

Shed was apparently created out of a few fibers of extra calf muscle. We’ll get this cloning shit right if it kills us!

What’s his next kid’s name? Barn?

It sucks to know deep down that my calves will probably never be proportional to the rest of me. It’s just heartbreaking.

he puts his heels off the platform so he can squat all the way down…

heres a link to the video if you want to see it…

(its at 10 seconds to about the 15 second mark)

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
mtotry wrote:

notice sly using 2.5 plates a side and not 11…lol

look at his foot placement…you sure he’s not doing that for calves? [/quote]

The kid looks to be about the same size as his calf, this is one big bastard. I like how he had to rip the front of his shirt to make room for that huge neck, I haven’t seen anything like that before.

That apparatus in my gym is the perfect squat, have gone up to 7 plates and now use it instead of regular squats and also front squats.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Professor X wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
Professor X wrote:

you mean the hack squat? least that’s what I call it, even though I think the actual name of the designer is different.

anyways, I like how does the step off with one leg, pretty good idea

That’s not a hack squat. A hack squat is on a rail. That machine mimics a real squat pretty damn close, especially the one at my gym. I also have Johnnie Jackson’s training vid and he uses that for legs also.

House does a shit load of unilateral movements for legs. The only thing I want to know is if he has done that for years to reach where he is now or if it is something he just added in.

I usually only do one legged presses on the leg press machine as a warm up before moving to that squat movement. Maybe I should give that one legged shit a try.

I know Flex Wheeler was a big believer in doing unilateral movements for better development, especially for the thighs, so I’d consider it something worth looking into too.[/quote]

Myself, I hate unilateral leg presses, doing them as one ordinarily would. I don’t like the force being off-center to the body to the extent that it is.

I was interested by House’s method of having one leg much lower than the other, and putting the focus on the upper leg.

I didn’t do it on the work sets, but on some warm ups that actually felt great.

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
That apparatus in my gym is the perfect squat, have gone up to 7 plates and now use it instead of regular squats and also front squats.[/quote]

It’s a V-squat. I love em. No back issues, smooth ROM.

you face the pads right?