House Passes Dream Act

i believe this is a realistic way to take control of this situation. can the bill use some revision and ironing out of wrinkles? of course. but this is the path to a solution. of course the senate is gonna try to block it, the republicans are gonna block everything the democrats are gonna try to do. it will be two years of republican majority during obama’s administration and nothing will get done. yet everything will still be blamed on him.
encourge futher immigration?? listen i’m all for securing the border and LEGAL immigration but the situation is what it is and we got to deal with whats going on with the ones that are already here.
P.S “RAPING” america?? okay glenn beck

Illegal immigration is a major problem in this country that should be stopped immediately. But watching this issue work its way through the congress and society fills me with a sense of frustration. We have the extreme on one side shouting “amnesty!” and “snipers” and the extreme on the other side shouting about “the children” and “feelings.” Meanwhile, nothing is getting done and more and more people come here illegally.

IMO the biggest reason the Reagan era plan didn’t work is b/c there was no pathway for people to come here legally in the numbers that businesses want. In the '90s I spoke with a woman working with a then quickly growing Hispanic community in a rural town in the midwest. She told me that the companies around the town literally sent buses south to pick people up. When they were raided (rarely happened, apparently), they would just send another bus south. It was a hard story to believe, but watching how quickly that community grew…

Anyway, some random thoughts:

1. We need a way for businesses to get the labor they want. IMO temporary work visas would work.

2. We need “a bigger stick” to use against companies that hire illegal aliens. If (1) above is in place, they have no excuse for hiring illegal immigrants.

3. There needs to be a pathway to legalization for those who are currently in the US. As chushin pointed out, it’s all about a cost-benefit analysis. If they feel that staying “underground” is better than becoming legal, we will continue to have a permanent underclass in society with all the problems that come along with that. We need a path for them and a “stick” for those who don’t follow the path.

4. Increased security can be put into place, but should be made somewhat redundant by the above-mentioned policies. Again, if there is a way to come here legally that has greater benefits (to US companies and immigrants) than coming here illegally, then I think security can be focused more appropriately.

Somewhat related to this topic:

1. Visas for highly skilled immigrants also need to be increased and these immigrants shouldn’t be “fighting” with the above mentioned group for visas. Why we would educate the world and then ship them back home is beyond me. Work visas should be stapled to the back of the diplomas of the best and brightest who are “studying abroad” in America. Keep them here working for us at least for awhile.

/end my pre-coffee rant

To all you pro-amnesty freshmen, do realize that we already have laws on the books that address much of what you bring up, yet are not enforced?

NOTHING GETS ENFORCED, repeat that,
NOTHING GETS ENFORCED, one mo’ gain,
NOTHING GETS ENFORCED.

What makes you think that these provisions in the Dream Act would be enforced? Are illegal kids who don’t finish college or drop out of the military going to be deported? Really? By the same people who failed to already deport them? You really think the American people are this stupid? It’s always a scam, amnesty always is. Will kids who fill out paperwork fraudulently going to be deported? Will any of the paperwork submitted be run through some verification mechanism?

Look at that illegal alien housekeeper who ruined Meg Whitman’s chance as governor, do you really think she will be deported? Guilty of illegal entry, providing false documents, and identity theft? Is she in the clink waiting to go back home? Nope, she will most likely get a green card, because she was “abused.”

(Note - she was a housekeeper making $23/hr). Yea, let’s see how many unemployed people wouldn’t mind that kind of abuse.

Work Visas, people bitch and moan about E-Verify, it’s “racist”, it’s “misguided”, bullshit it fucking works.

The threat of deportation doesn’t work anymore, because people throw out the sob story about having kids here, and some are allowed to stay. No more, you don’t let them in, period. You fucking come the right way, the way I did, took me 5 years. These fucking people don’t want to wait in a line, and should you tell them they have to, you are a racist.

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:
i believe this is a realistic way to take control of this situation. can the bill use some revision and ironing out of wrinkles? of course. but this is the path to a solution. of course the senate is gonna try to block it, the republicans are gonna block everything the democrats are gonna try to do. it will be two years of republican majority during obama’s administration and nothing will get done. yet everything will still be blamed on him.
encourge futher immigration?? listen i’m all for securing the border and LEGAL immigration but the situation is what it is and we got to deal with whats going on with the ones that are already here.
P.S “RAPING” america?? okay glenn beck[/quote]

I do not think they could rape America if they tried, since so many people already run a train on her that they would have to wait in line.

Being in college right now and watching my tuition and fees go up every year i’ve been here, this makes me goddamn sick. These kids will get to jump the line in front of real Americans, simple because they are non-whites, every college loves that diversity feel. I can only imagine the money state schools will have to spend to help out these poor people who can;t pay for food or books or any other bullshit.

They are illegals, end of story. American institutions should be for Americans or those foreigners who follow the rules and get real visas to come study here. This shit is ridiculous to me that people can honestly believe that the US government owes anything, other than a bus ticket home or a bullet, to any illegal immigrant.

lol @ a bullet

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]gangstpmp3 wrote:
P.S “RAPING” america?? okay glenn beck[/quote]

I do not think they could rape America if they tried, since so many people already run a train on her that they would have to wait in line.
[/quote]

Geez, but you’re annoying.[/quote]

Its a gift.

[quote]rageradios wrote:
Being in college right now and watching my tuition and fees go up every year i’ve been here, this makes me goddamn sick. These kids will get to jump the line in front of real Americans, simple because they are non-whites, every college loves that diversity feel. I can only imagine the money state schools will have to spend to help out these poor people who can;t pay for food or books or any other bullshit.

They are illegals, end of story. American institutions should be for Americans or those foreigners who follow the rules and get real visas to come study here. This shit is ridiculous to me that people can honestly believe that the US government owes anything, other than a bus ticket home or a bullet, to any illegal immigrant. [/quote]

say the ignorant brainwashed PWI kid who has zero real life experience.
you would think otherwise if you had lived twenty more years and raised two chil…oh, wait… not this time.

sorry,
your age is OK, sir.

[quote]kamui wrote:

[quote]rageradios wrote:

They are illegals, end of story. American institutions should be for Americans or those foreigners who follow the rules and get real visas to come study here. This shit is ridiculous to me that people can honestly believe that the US government owes anything, other than a bus ticket home or a bullet, to any illegal immigrant. [/quote]

you would think otherwise if you had lived twenty more years and raised two chil…oh, wait… not this time.

sorry,
your age is OK, sir. [/quote]

hahaha :smiley: LOL

[quote]kamui wrote:

[quote]rageradios wrote:

sorry,

Nice Play!

He is fuckin’ brainwashed…the right way!

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]kamui wrote:

[quote]rageradios wrote:

sorry,

Nice Play!

[/quote]

I do what I can.

[quote]rageradios wrote:

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]kamui wrote:

[quote]rageradios wrote:

sorry,

Nice Play!

[/quote]

I do what I can.[/quote]

The force is strong with this one.

Harry Reid called for a cloture vote for Saturday, looks like it’s show time, we will see what happens.

The Dream Act died in the Senate this morning, getting only 55 of the needed 60 votes.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
The Dream Act died in the Senate this morning, getting only 55 of the needed 60 votes.

[/quote]

Say goodbye to amnesty for at least 8 years. In 2012, reps will gain more senate seats as a lot of dems are up for election in the senate. I see the house balancing out a bit, but reps should get a slight advantage. Look for the new house to secure our borders rather than allow more pillaging of this country.

With the GOP governors, redistricting will be key to maintain for the next 10-15 years.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:

[/quote]

Say goodbye to amnesty for at least 8 years. In 2012, reps will gain more senate seats as a lot of dems are up for election in the senate. I see the house balancing out a bit, but reps should get a slight advantage. Look for the new house to secure our borders rather than allow more pillaging of this country.

With the GOP governors, redistricting will be key to maintain for the next 10-15 years.[/quote]

There are also many states that are looking to implement laws like the AZ law, crackdown on employers, and even deny birthright citizenship. Not sure about the citizenship part, but I like that they will at least try to remove it. Let the wave of pro-enforcement begin.