T Nation

HotOrNot.com

I’d heard/read more than once that its a good idea to post one’s picture on the website to see what kind of pictures get what reaction. Does wearing diff’t kinds of clothes or a diff’t hairstyle get diff’t results?
Do u get rated hotter with or without your shirt off?

So, I decided to try it out. To my surprise, it turned out to be a great idea and I HIGHLY recommend it.

I posted 2 pics:

#1 I was dressed in what I thought was my absolute best club clothes, looking as bad ass as possible. I had an arrogant/highly confident stance, 5 o’clock shadow, hair slicked back, etc. This was a 3/4 shot taken with a regular camera.

Well, my finest threads got me a 5.3 rating!! What the heck?

So, then I posted pic #2. It was taken with my camera cell phone, and was just a head shot of me with a big smile on my face and wearing a baseball cap. Oh, and my teeth appear yellow in the picture.

So far, after 50+ votes, I have an 8.4 rating!! WTF?

I can’t believe the disparity in voting. Looks like I’m going to have to make some changes to my style.

So, go do it and see what happens.

ALERT

For those of you who look good with your shirt off, understand that from what I’ve seen, those get a very high rating. So, if you want a more accurate picture of how women view you outside of the beach or a hot summer day in the park, post pics of yourself with your clothes on.

Then later, after getting enough votes-pump your ego and post a pic with your shirt off!

Yeah it’s odd…I used to be a consistent 9.8 or 9.9 and i’ve slipped to the lower to mid 9’s. i have two accounts and oddly the one that doesn’t have a meet me profile gets a higher score…someties 9.9 vs 8 something. I theoize that’s b/c if you don’t have a profile those that would click high for you…don’t click to meet you and you get moree “good” votes.
Jason

PP,
If you post the same stupid pictures there that you do here you deserve a -2.

You’ve got to be kidding me.

also maybe the reason you only got a 5.whatever in your best duds is because no one has slicked their hair back and looked good doing it since the 60s.

[quote]apayne wrote:
PP,
If you post the same stupid pictures there that you do here you deserve a -2.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Are you kidding? You let some jackass on a computer dictate what you think looks best? Find a female friend or relative whos opinion you trust and ask them.

Or just develop a functional sense of style.

" PP, If you post the same stupid pictures there that you do here you deserve a -2. "

ROTFLMAO!

What, pics of guys w/ their kitty kats aren’t hot?

Srory PP, couldn’t resist; meow

:wink:

• You’ve got to be kidding me.

Nope

• also maybe the reason you only got a 5.whatever in your best duds is because no one has slicked their hair back and looked good doing it since the 60s.

I don’t know about that. But, I’m balding, so that limits my choice of hairstyles.
I’m considering getting a military-type trim, but the problem is I have a big head and big jaw, and i don’t think I’d look good w/ really short hair- I don’t think it would look symettrical.

This is why I’m about to start rogaine and propecia btw.

[quote]Sonny S wrote:

• You’ve got to be kidding me.

Nope

• also maybe the reason you only got a 5.whatever in your best duds is because no one has slicked their hair back and looked good doing it since the 60s.

I don’t know about that. But, I’m balding, so that limits my choice of hairstyles.
I’m considering getting a military-type trim, but the problem is I have a big head and big jaw, and i don’t think I’d look good w/ really short hair- I don’t think it would look symettrical.

This is why I’m about to start rogaine and propecia btw.[/quote]

I got a fairly bumpy head but I would rather completely shave it, which I already do down to stubble, than go to some hair club. Dont do it. I have seen what some men look like with that and its not a good sight. I feel bad for them.

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
Yeah it’s odd…I used to be a consistent 9.8 or 9.9 and i’ve slipped to the lower to mid 9’s. i have two accounts and oddly the one that doesn’t have a meet me profile gets a higher score…someties 9.9 vs 8 something. I theoize that’s b/c if you don’t have a profile those that would click high for you…don’t click to meet you and you get moree “good” votes.
Jason[/quote]

You have got to be freaking kidding me. I call bullshit unless you can provide proof.

The dog pics currently a 9.3

http://hotornot.com/r/?eid=NMAQSLN&key=RGS

Checkmate Randman…

how many girls that are voting on this is the question…

Two questions – and I really don’t want to know the answers to them:

1. How many times did you click your own picture?

2. How many of the other ratings were by men?

I 'preciate the concern frogs, but what do rogaine and propecia have to w/ hair transplants or wigs?

I got a fairly bumpy head but I would rather completely shave it, which I already do down to stubble, than go to some hair club. Dont do it. I have seen what some men look like with that and its not a good sight. I feel bad for them. " "

I haven’t rated myslf at all…and honestly…I don’t know the demographics of who votes for me.

post another picture with no dog, and upclose shot that shows clear picture of your face and body, no clicking on your own photo, etc and then come back and show us your unbelievably high scores

Hotornot is a joke. It depends on whether you get the ugly girls or the asshole grade threes voting for you.

I’ve seen a pic of some skinny 120 lb kid that looked like a dork get a 9.8, and not by a couple hundred, but over a thousand, votes.

Basically, don’t be proud or disappointed by what you get there. Oh, and there’s a rule: shirt off = +2 points

Randman…i simply stated the truth. Either take it at face value or don’t.