Hot, Wet, and Sticky - I Sweat Too Much

[quote]markdp wrote:
I can’t believe this hasn’t been mentioned yet:

GOLD BOND - Get the green one.

I have the same problem, especially my lower back, nuts, and ass. I actually googled “swamp ass” yesterday to see if there were any good suggestions. I already knew about Gold Bond, but I hadn’t heard of the green, extra-strength version. I’m telling you, it hurts, but it’s worth it. It’s like 10 altoids for your ass.

Other than that, I really don’t know. I’m pretty lean and I still sweat really bad. I usually have to switch my shorts/boxers 2 to 3 times a day. It’s fucking gross. Now that I use Gold Bond all of the time, I usually only have to chance once a day, if that. Get some Gold Bond! And thank me later![/quote]

Thanks for this advice. Hopefully this will help. I’m going to pick some up today. As far as sweat on the head and face … nothing’s gonna help that eh ? Maybe a little gold bond powder in my hair ? :slight_smile:

Me too but that’s because I’m a hot, and passionate Latin man, what’s your excuse!?

Muscle is what generates heat.
Remember calories are a unit of heat.
More muscle = more heat generated = more calories burned.
The hotter you are, the more your body sweats to keep your temperature in the normal.

I sweat like crazy as well, after lifting I take a shower and Im still sweating. I dont buy white shirts cuz after a while I get sweat stains. Its annoying but you are def not alone.

Maybe you should… yeah… what? stares at OP’s avatar

[quote]MeinHerzBrennt wrote:
Same here. Always been that way. I start dripping whenever it is a little muggy out and i’m exerting myself even slightly.

Lately i’ve been sweating like a pig after every shower. It’s really fucking annoying to have to put myself on my couch in front of my fan for 15 minutes just to stop sweating.

Being a slightly anxious person doesn’t help either. I’m not sure if it’s the anxiety that is causing most of it, or if it’s a comnbination of ‘easily sweats’ + anxiety, but as you can imagine they play off one another, so even when it’s not hot out I can start sweating just because I can be too anxsious.[/quote]
am the same, it sucks ass.

DUDE! same here, and those who think being fat has something to do with it… well, I have barely any fat on me and I’ll sweat walking up stairs.

[quote]legendaryblaze wrote:
The hotter you are, the more your body sweats to keep your temperature in the normal.[/quote]

There are other reasons why some people sweat excessively besides a lot of muscle mass. It is a medical problem.

I also know someone who had their sweat glands in his arm pits (please correct me if i’m wrong) lasered? I do not knos if this safe or how common it is to do this.

shave your arm pits, its sooo good.

[quote]jchenky wrote:
legendaryblaze wrote:
The hotter you are, the more your body sweats to keep your temperature in the normal.

There are other reasons why some people sweat excessively besides a lot of muscle mass. It is a medical problem.

I also know someone who had their sweat glands in his arm pits (please correct me if i’m wrong) lasered? I do not knos if this safe or how common it is to do this.
[/quote]

you can get botox injected in to the sweat glands witch stops much of the sweating?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
shave your arm pits, its sooo good.[/quote]

Apparently trimming the hairs there can pretty much stop the smell as the stench has nothing to cling to, as it were…

Anyways, I’ll sweat in the car if it’s hot out. Or if it’s hot out at all. And in the gym I tend to have sweat patches on me after my 5mins on the rower for my warm-up.
But other than that, I’m good to go.

[quote]Jereth127 wrote:
LiveFromThe781 wrote:
shave your arm pits, its sooo good.

Apparently trimming the hairs there can pretty much stop the smell as the stench has nothing to cling to, as it were…

Anyways, I’ll sweat in the car if it’s hot out. Or if it’s hot out at all. And in the gym I tend to have sweat patches on me after my 5mins on the rower for my warm-up.
But other than that, I’m good to go.[/quote]

Yeah, I was never for shaving body hair until I discovered the wonders it does for hygiene.

…fatasses

[quote]SickAbs wrote:
…fatasses[/quote]

bulk fail.

Make sure, whenever you get out of the shower, you’re COMPLETELY dry before putting any clothes on.

I usually stand in front of a fan for a few minutes after I dry off with a towel, then put clothes on.

How much of an effect does your resting heart rate have on how much you do or don’t sweat ? I know when I used to run regularly it took longer for me to break sweats as I became more conditioned, but … I don’t know.

I sweat alot too, Since I have been on gear my body temp has gone way up ( probably from increased protien synthesis and increased metabolism ) and I have been sweating more.I sweat in the morning when its cold, Up around my neck and shoulders.

Sometimes i will shower right before going to the gym and whenever I do once I start warming up and lifting I sweat like a fat bitch.

A few weeks ago I was spotting a kid on the bench and a drop of my sweat landed in his eye. That was embarassing lol.

I sweat alot too. It’s not uncommon for me to have to wring my shirt out twice during a 1 hour training session (cardio or lifting). It’s one of the reasons I choose to wear lifting gloves. I tried not using gloves but the weight slips out of my grip from all the sweat.

I sweat profusely and found something that I got prescribed from my Doc. You apply it to your arm pits nightly, after having washed and dried them, it’s called ‘Driclor’ (I don’t know if it has a different name in the U.S.). Anyway, after using this for about two weeks, your sweating should have got a lot better; at that point you only need to apply it two-three times a week; after a little while, I think you can just do it once a week.

Honestly, this stuff worked wonders for me! The only problem is that it can irritate your armpits a bit when you put it on, which is why you need to make sure your pits are dry. Also, I’ve found that my pits are quite sensitive, so from time to time I need to take a few days off from it but they’re the only negative things I have to say about it.