HOT-ROX with Milk Thistle Extract

Hi,

I need to know if Milk Thistle Extract can be taken if I’m currently on HOT-ROX. Would there be any interference between the two?

Thanks.

Hey, there, yustas. It’s fine. You can take the two together with no problem.

Milk Thistle is a wondeful herb that is liver supportive. Hot-Rox is thyroid supportive and will help reduce the cravings that people get when they reduce carbs and/or calories. The two would by perfectly fine together.

Any reason in particular you’re taking milk thistle? A standardize silymarin or silibinin supp would be far better than milk thistle. The two phytonutrients I mentioned are the active components in milk thistle that do all the good work.

[quote]Tampa-Terry wrote:
Any reason in particular you’re taking milk thistle? A standardize silymarin or silibinin supp would be far better than milk thistle. The two phytonutrients I mentioned are the active components in milk thistle that do all the good work.
[/quote]

I think what I have is a standardized silymarin. This is what I have http://www.iherb.com/thilsilyn.html and it says: "Standardized Milk Thistle Extract…Standardized to 80% Silymarin?. Is my understanding correct?

I have another question if I may.
How important the timing around Hot-Rox and meals as well as the time interval between a first dose of the day and the second one. The instruction says to take the second portion of two pills in 6 hours. Is that a hard number? Does it mean that for Hot-Rox to work properly there need to be 12 hours of continues use? The reason I ask is to make sure that I use it properly. Thanks!

Also, I would like to know if taking CLA Tonalin (3 grams daily)
http://www.iherb.com/cla.html is safe with HOT-ROX? Thanks!

Sounds like you got the good stuff, yustas.

It’s probably a good idea to take the second dose of HOT-ROX 6 hours after the first dose in the beginning. It can be “energizing,” making it difficult to get to sleep if you take it too late. After your body becomes accustomed to it, you don’t have to be quite so rigid about the “6 hours later” recommendation.

HOT-ROX is safe to take with CLA Tonalin, absolutely. About the only thing I would recommend you NOT take HOT-ROX with is the herb yohimbe or with ephedrine/ephedra.

It’s probably a good idea to take the second dose of HOT-ROX 6 hours after the first dose in the beginning. It can be “energizing,” making it difficult to get to sleep if you take it too late. After your body becomes accustomed to it, you don’t have to be quite so rigid about the “6 hours later” recommendation.[/quote]

I see…I like the feeling on Hot-Rox. It does give me more energy (but not wired) and does seem to affect my mood in a good way as well as feeling warm.

The way I take it now is first dose in the morning at 7am, then 7am plus 6 hours puts me at 1pm. I’m assuming that each dose lasts 6 hours. If that is true then 1pm plus 6 more hours puts me at 7pm. The thing is that I exercise in the evening and only start at 6:30/7:00 pm, so by the time I start the second dose seem to ware out. That is why I was asking about longer intervals for the second dose, so that I’m still on it when I exercise in the evening.

Also, how much does it matter taking it after the breakfast and not before?

…About the only thing I would recommend you NOT take HOT-ROX with is the herb yohimbe or with ephedrine/ephedra.[/quote]

What about Green/White tea capsules? I take this: http://store.yahoo.com/iherb/greenwhitetea.html

P.S. Is creatine ok with HOT-ROX? Any special way to take creatine while on HOT-ROX?

Thanks!

Green tea and creatine are both fine with HOT-ROX, yustas. Your supp regimen is pretty darn well rounded. They’re all good choices, with each of them providing you with different benefits.

Once again, it’s just yohimbe, ephedra/ephedrine and maybe amino acids being taken therapeutically (or prescription drugs) to modulate brain chemistry that I would be careful with.

You can wait a little longer to take your second dose of HOT-ROX if you like. At this point you know what you feel and how long it lasts and can make adjustments to suit your purpose(s).