HOT-ROX Okay on a Full Stomach?

I follow a Precision Nutrition diet (I eat every 2-3 hours), so my stomach is never quite “empty”. I work out early in the morning, and eat about60-90 mins before my workout, which rules out taking the first dose when I wake up. After my workout, I have a post-workout meal, and then eat compliantly every 2-3 hours.

Is there any harm or is the dose less effective when taken in between meals where the stomach isn’t empty?

Regards.

Hot-Rox is fine with food.

sure its okay to take HOT-ROX with food in your stomach but if you want a stronger and faster effect, why not take it FIRST thing in the morning about 15 minutes before you eat?

Thanks much. I’ll start taking the first dose right upon wake up.

Whenever I’ve taken it too close to meal time it appears to blunt the rush. Either take it first thing on waking (as you mentioned) or wait about 1-1.5 hrs after a meal. I’ve found that it kicks in about 40-45 mins after taking.

I’ve also found that it gets the elimination system going, and I can’t be out walking or running when I’m using it, which can interrupt a good morning training or recovery session.

Other people have noted the same effect.

To add to this topic–

I get acid reflux when I take HRX on an empty stomach, and it is especially uncomfortable when I take it on empty, then do any sort of exercise. Does anyone else experience this, and have you found anything to relieve it?

I’ll be experimenting with various antacids, but I really don’t like the whole experience. I feel acidy/nauseous/dizzy and I’m skeptical that a dose of Tums will solve the problem.

It is the A7-E. It doesn’t cause increased acid in the stomach (or I’m not aware of any evidence it does) but does for some people cause a slight bit of stomach contents “coming up” into the esophagus a little.

Consuming with food is the best solution I think.

Isn’t there something about yohimbine and cheese or some such?

I don’t know about yohimbine and cheese, and it’s true that HRX contains yohimbine.

I was referring to work done with A7-E used alone. We’ve never sold it that way but certainly tested it that way.

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
It is the A7-E. It doesn’t cause increased acid in the stomach (or I’m not aware of any evidence it does) but does for some people cause a slight bit of stomach contents “coming up” into the esophagus a little.

Consuming with food is the best solution I think.
[/quote]

OK, thank you.

You’re welcome; glad to be of any help!

anybody taken this stuff and seen good results from it?

[quote]tuper06 wrote:
anybody taken this stuff and seen good results from it? [/quote]

Are you kidding?

There have probably been thousands of posts with feedback on HOT-ROX Extreme.

Try checking the product thread for it.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:
tuper06 wrote:
anybody taken this stuff and seen good results from it?

Are you kidding?

There have probably been thousands of posts with feedback on HOT-ROX Extreme.

Try checking the product thread for it.[/quote]

will do

There are 32 pages worth of feedback and questions/answers on HOT-ROX Extreme at http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/gaspari_thyrotabs?id=1066830&pageNo=0.

I have enjoyed taking HRX when I wake up with a few grams of BCAAS followed by 20-30 minutes of NEPA type cardio. And then 5-6 hours later right before a meal.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
To add to this topic–

I get acid reflux when I take HRX on an empty stomach, and it is especially uncomfortable when I take it on empty, then do any sort of exercise. Does anyone else experience this, and have you found anything to relieve it?

I’ll be experimenting with various antacids, but I really don’t like the whole experience. I feel acidy/nauseous/dizzy and I’m skeptical that a dose of Tums will solve the problem.[/quote]

I can’t take HOT-ROX Extreme on an empty stomach myself. What I do is drink about half a protein shake then take it, or get in just a few bites of food first. It really doesn’t take much food at all.

While it may slightly blunt the “energy” effects at first, I can say for sure that it doesn’t hurt the fat loss effects at all.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
sluicy wrote:
To add to this topic–

I’ll be experimenting with various antacids, but I really don’t like the whole experience. I feel acidy/nauseous/dizzy and I’m skeptical that a dose of Tums will solve the problem.

I can’t take HOT-ROX Extreme on an empty stomach myself. What I do is drink about half a protein shake then take it, or get in just a few bites of food first. It really doesn’t take much food at all.

While it may slightly blunt the “energy” effects at first, I can say for sure that it doesn’t hurt the fat loss effects at all.

[/quote]

Thank you, that’s good to know. I don’t really care about the “energy effects,” as long as it is still working properly. I occasionally get a feel-good sort of response, though, even with food.

I’ve been putting a quarter cup of milk powder in my morning tea and then taking the HOT-ROX. That seems to take care of the reflux issue, even with going for a run afterwards.

i it ok to keep within the 4 a day but 1 am 3pm, or 3 in the morning and 1 6hour later.
thanks

If that fits in with your sleep schedule it is fine.

The main point is that it’s desirable to start use reasonably shortly after waking up, and to allow some time between the last dose and wanting to go to sleep.