HOT-ROX is the TRUTH!

The test was done on hypothyroid rats, so how much credence it carries, I don’t know. Probably very little, if any.

[quote]roweski wrote:

The test was done on hypothyroid rats, so how much credence it carries, I don’t know. Probably very little, if any. [/quote]

What happened here is that rats that were made hypothyroid (deficient in thyroid production) by other drugs had, due to being hypothyroid, higher than normal levels of TSH.

3,5-T2 as well as T3, at the doses chosen, returned TSH to normal levels; not abnormally low.

As you suggest, that doesn’t show that normal rats would have suppressed thyroid function at useful levels of T2.

Ah, wrong end of the stick on that one… I guessed [incorrectly] a lowered TSH reading would be the result of lowered thyroid function, not the other way around… I’ve since found a few studies claiming little effect on thyroid. All’s good in the world :slight_smile:

Cheers for being so patient Bill.

Not at all; it’s interesting stuff.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
JMoUCF87 wrote:
yes, ephedra sucks.

that’s why people use ephedrine.

Except that in some folks, ephedrine causes very noticeable and immediate insulin reistance. At least, it does in me.

BBB[/quote]

I really wish I knew this years ago. I have gotten really lean in the past, and the only place on my body which wouldn’t melt off was my love handle area (which is the supposed carb tolerance and insulin sensitivity location). I could have a clearly defined 6 pack with arms legs, chest all shredded up. But not those damn love handles. Damn you Bushy, where the hell where you when I needed you. (Kidding)

Yes, I hadn’t noticed the three days part.

Unless quite lean already, thus making small changes relatively large, three days can’t be visibly noticeable.

Question for Bill Roberts:

Bill, I was on HOT-ROX Extreme during the first few weeks of my current CKD programme. However, when I had a couple of personal issues I believe the HRE contributed to the negative physiological/physchological symptoms I suddenly experienced, e.g. anxiety, depression, palpitations. As a result I stopped taking them, as well as any stimulant such as coffee. My doctor advised me my heart/BP was fine but to watch the stimulants.

Four weeks on and I’m fine; training well and sticking to my fat loss plan. I’m also quite keen to re-introduce a fat burner to continue the good body progress I’m making on the CKD. What would be your thoughts on trying HRE again?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

JB

[quote]JamesBrawn007 wrote:

Bill, I was on HOT-ROX Extreme during the first few weeks of my current CKD programme. However, when I had a couple of personal issues I believe the HRE contributed to the negative physiological/physchological symptoms I suddenly experienced, e.g. anxiety, depression, palpitations. As a result I stopped taking them, as well as any stimulant such as coffee. My doctor advised me my heart/BP was fine but to watch the stimulants.

Four weeks on and I’m fine; training well and sticking to my fat loss plan. I’m also quite keen to re-introduce a fat burner to continue the good body progress I’m making on the CKD. What would be your thoughts on trying HRE again?

JB[/quote]

That can happen when you take in too much caffeine. I think I exhibited similar symptons on days where i might drink too much coffee in addition to the HRE. Try taking the HRE without any other caffeine(of course start of with only 1 or 2 pills a day and increase it to 4 over the course of maybe 1-2 weeks)

Bill, I’m trying to find a legit T-2 product: the only one I can find claims to contain 100mcg./cap “derived from bovine liver”. Does this sound legit, or bullshit?

Thanks,

Crowbar

It would probably be bullshit as a claim of where they get it from. Not that there isn’t any in bovine liver, there certainly is, but I don’t expect that would be financially practical. I don’t know for a fact though.

[quote]JamesBrawn007 wrote:

JB[/quote]

I would tend to think that 4 weeks is very little time in that sort of context. It also could be that some component of the HRX, for example the yohimbine, just may not suit you even regardless of any off time. I’d try Carbolin 19 instead.

At some later date if you wished you could try HRX again, but there would be no reason to continue the experiment if you saw any of these symptoms returning again. You would of course be entitled to return for refund – this is true now also if you have anything remaining.

Hope you have good progress!

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
JamesBrawn007 wrote:

I would tend to think that 4 weeks is very little time in that sort of context. It also could be that some component of the HRX, for example the yohimbine, just may not suit you even regardless of any off time. I’d try Carbolin 19 instead.

At some later date if you wished you could try HRX again, but there would be no reason to continue the experiment if you saw any of these symptoms returning again. You would of course be entitled to return for refund – this is true now also if you have anything remaining.

Hope you have good progress![/quote]

Many thanks for your advice Bill. I’ll take that on board.

OK, thanks Bill. Given that the stated source of the T-2 (bovine liver) is probably B.S. as I suspected, and Biotest no longer produces a T-2 supplement, do you know of any legit sources–seeing that it’s still perfectly legal?

Thanks, Crowbar

DUde I’m not hyping nothing. three days and counting. I am already semi-lean but am trying to get ripped (imo lol) for july 4th. Had visible abs to being with but now my top two have became visible and my lower ab fat which usually sticks for a while has visibly been reduced. Man i should take progress pics no joke.

[quote]crowbar46 wrote:
OK, thanks Bill. Given that the stated source of the T-2 (bovine liver) is probably B.S. as I suspected, and Biotest no longer produces a T-2 supplement, do you know of any legit sources–seeing that it’s still perfectly legal?

Thanks, Crowbar[/quote]

There is so far as I know only the one seller. I don’t have particular reason to suspect their product doesn’t contain T2, or T2 at the dose stated, though neither do I have evidence that it does.

Hi Bill-
I was wondering if someone is already hypothyroid and they take HOT-ROX, with it’s ability to increase T3, what happens when you stop taking it?
The reason I am asking is because I am interested in giving this product a try, but since the last time I tried it, I learned that I have hypothyroidism…not an extreme case like others I’ve read about…TSH was 7, and T4 was low as well as T3…

Thanks!

The two responsible ingredients are A7-E and Carbolin 19, which is forskolin carbonate. This converts in the body to forskolin: the purpose of the carbonate ester is to increase bioavailability and extend duration of action.

Forskolin has long been used in Ayurvedic (India Indian) medicine for hypothyroidal conditions and also the herb has I believe been used as a condiment. It has very long track record of safety and among those seeking natural remedies is widely recommended for improving hypothyroidal condition.

A7-E works very similarly to 7-keto-DHEA and both convert to the same active species: again the reasons for providing in a different form are better bioavailability and increased duration of action. But the same thing is going on.

7-keto-DHEA is newer – been around at least 7 years I think – but also has widely been recommended for those who are hypothyroidal. For neither of these have I heard of those using it being worse off after discontinuing than they were before.’

HOT-ROX has been around nearly as long now – not sure exactly – and we have never had an adverse report of that sort.

Those are the factors on the plus side.

On the other side, medical problems should never be taken lightly and you are wise to be concerned. I would suggest personally trying discontinuing before any great period of time had gone by, and verifying that you do as well without it as you did before. If so, then the trial could be progressively extended if desired.

The processes by which thyroid production is stimulated are mechanisms naturally operating in the body in the first place, and there is no extreme degree of stimulation. It is not as if a strong druglike effect were occurring where the thyroid potentially might be “burnt out” so to speak.

But I think you are wise to approach it with suitable thought and care as you have.

Thanks Bill!

It’s been a year since having taken anything, and my levels have been normalized. Personally I think I would feel better at the lower range of ‘normal,’ but convincing my doctor of that is a pain, and another story!