HOT-ROX for Spot Reduction?

BEFORE

This thread is intended to highlight some interesting observations i made using HOT-ROX. I took a 7-site Skinfold test on the 15th january. (after xmas)

Taking into account i had a clean diet and was back in training full swing after the xmas (a couple days of excess calories not ‘bad eating’) In the two weeks after xmas I didnt lose a single pound. Weight remained unchanged. As did my appearance.
The results of the skinfold on 15th Jan are below.

Name kav
Date 15/01/2008

Age 23

Sex (M/F) m

Weight (kg) 74.30
Body Density 1.0887
Fat Mass (kg) 4.13
Lean Body Mass (kg) 70.17
% Body Fat 5.55

Skinfold Thickness (mm)	

Triceps 5.1 Midaxillary 4.2
Pectoralis 3.2 Suprailiac 4
Subscapular 7.6 Thigh 9.2
Abdominal 7.4

Triceps 5.6 Midaxillary 4
Pectoralis 3 Suprailiac 4
Subscapular 8 Thigh 9.2
Abdominal 7.2

Mean
Triceps 5.35 Midaxillary 4.1
Pectoralis 3.1 Suprailiac 4
Subscapular 7.8 Thigh 9.2
Abdominal 7.3

Seams ok . . but i wasnt happy. . i purchased a a few tubs of HOT-ROX (some were for my mother)
After one tub i noticed the following changes:

(keeping in mind no training/dietary changes were made and i was taking a caffiene based thermogenic beforehand with no luck)

Name kavo
Date 25/02/2008

Age 23

Sex (M/F) m

Weight (kg) 73.00
Body Density 1.0914
Fat Mass (kg) 3.32
Lean Body Mass (kg) 69.68
% Body Fat 4.55

Skinfold Thickness (mm)	

Triceps 4.8 Midaxillary 4
Pectoralis 3 Suprailiac 4.1
Subscapular 6.8 Thigh 7
Abdominal 4

Triceps 5 Midaxillary 4
Pectoralis 3.2 Suprailiac 4.2
Subscapular 7.2 Thigh 7.3
Abdominal 4.1

Mean
Triceps 4.9 Midaxillary 4
Pectoralis 3.1 Suprailiac 4.15
Subscapular 7 Thigh 7.15
Abdominal 4.05

Notice the reasonably similar skinfolds on all sites bar abdominal and thigh. . .now i know your initial response could be ‘this is probably because there wasnt enough fat in other area’s blablabla’ but i have had plenty of skinfolds done before and have gotton much lower scores on ALL sites but never got below 7mm for the abdominal skinfold no matter how lean the rest of my body was that was always the last to go. . .

Dont expect any replies or anything just thought it was interesting. . .

I think the article mentions it helps with the stubborn fat areas.

Interesting stuff no doubt.

i know i read it but i was just confirming it! its good stuff! recommend it!

I’ve used it, I bought it at GNC b/c I had a gift card…I heard that stuff might have weaker potency than buying it direct but I don’t really see how that could be true.

I liked it though, I’m sure it helped but I was dieting and training in a new way at the time which makes it hard to highlight the efficiency of any product. I did like the feeling it gave me though and probably will use it in the future…I may even order to tomorrow…to help me get really super uber lean.

[quote]bryan.kav wrote:
i know i read it but i was just confirming it! its good stuff! recommend it![/quote]

dont no this guy bryan but i think personally your on the juice,dont think you even know wat your talkin about tricep bicep kick back judo kick,jus started this HOT-ROX juice mesmelf,feel a bit strange wanted to ride the sofa earlier looked veeerrry hot indeed,these voices keep tellin me to go for a shite on my mothers car think i am gona listen to tem seems like the rite thing to do,as for the weight its cumming off fine wen i do a few laps of the block naked with my mothers high heels on,should i stay on the HOT-ROX would like to no bryan,it looks like it is working for you have you had similar side effects

i cant see how it would be weaker unless they tampered with it!?
yea thats the thing i didnt chang ANYTHING but taking in HOT-ROX. . training . . diet . . sleep. . all similar but the addition of HOT-ROX.

its good alright. . made losing BF well easy!

you should give it a go. . yea buy it tomorrow you wont regret it!

i might keep going . . i want veiny abs :slight_smile:

yes robert all that is normal. . hahaha. . pity your a fat arse! :slight_smile:

Alright glad you know each other cuz I was wonder what he’d been drinking over on the isle today…

hmm…HRX is good stuff.

Do you cycle HOT-ROX? maybe that isn’t the word I should use.

Would you take it for a while and then get off of it?

HRX is great; considering you have a good diet and DO CARDIO.

its not something i’d stay on for a long period of time. I’m about 2 weeks away from finishing my 3rd month, plan to take a while off. I don’t see a need for it in my training for the rest of the year.

Good work!

I was reading how some folks in the Physique Clinics are taking 4 a day.

Isn’t that a high dosage?

maybe this is the wrong thread for this.

Sorry Bryan!

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
I’ve used it, I bought it at GNC b/c I had a gift card…I heard that stuff might have weaker potency than buying it direct but I don’t really see how that could be true.

I liked it though, I’m sure it helped but I was dieting and training in a new way at the time which makes it hard to highlight the efficiency of any product. I did like the feeling it gave me though and probably will use it in the future…I may even order to tomorrow…to help me get really super uber lean.[/quote]

The retail version of HOT-ROX is actually an older formulation, and not nearly as strong as the current HOT-ROX Extreme that you can purchase in the T-Nation store.
HRX is a good bit stronger than the previous formula, Maximum Strength HOT-ROX, which was a stronger version of what they ship retail.

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/discussArticle.do?id=496352
(see the sixth post down on the first page)

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

Sorry Bryan!

[/quote]

I take 4 caps/day, Cricket. Two upon waking, about 45 minutes before my proteinated instant coffee, and then two more around noontime.

It’s not necessary to cycle it, unless you simply want to give your body a break, or you decide to take another supp. that might contradict it.

[quote]Rykker wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Sorry Bryan!

I take 4 caps/day, Cricket. Two upon waking, about 45 minutes before my proteinated instant coffee, and then two more around noontime.

It’s not necessary to cycle it, unless you simply want to give your body a break, or you decide to take another supp. that might contradict it.[/quote]

Thank you Abigail!

so you take it on an empty stomach both times? Is it 20-minutes before eating or 20-minutes after?

[quote]Cricket wrote:

Thank you Abigail!

so you take it on an empty stomach both times? Is it 20-minutes before eating or 20-minutes after?
[/quote]

Yep – empty stomach. I always take it before a meal, rather than after.
Drink plenty of water with it. And I wouldn’t go any longer than 45 minutes before chasing it with a shake or food.

Does any one know if you can take HOT-ROX Extreme and Spike at the same time?

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

Sorry Bryan!

[/quote]

4 a day’s the proper dose [or rather the highest recommended dose]. I took 6 a day while following Get Shredded, purusant to Berardi’s recommendations. 9 regular HOT-ROX or 6 HRX. Good stuff. I did indeed get shredded. No ill effects.

[quote]Jolene B wrote:
Does any one know if you can take HOT-ROX Extreme and Spike at the same time?[/quote]

No, it’s not recommended. That’s over-stimulatory.

Good stuff Bryan. Very interesting!