T Nation

HOT-ROX EXTREME

Hello, I am 18 and I am interested in losing some extra fat. I am a grocery clerke and the only helper clerke in my store so I speed walk from around 4pm - Midnight, I also am a Rock Climber so I build muscle, I was drinking a Spike Shooter ever day before work but it just doesn’t do it for me anymore… So I decided I am going to try the New HOT-ROX Extreme, what im afraid of is if I do lose this extra fat will it effect my metabolism when im off it? Will i gain all the weight back? any help would be helpful =) Thank you!

[quote]WishinWishes wrote:
Hello, I am 18 and I am interested in losing some extra fat. I am a grocery clerke and the only helper clerke in my store so I speed walk from around 4pm - Midnight, I also am a Rock Climber so I build muscle, I was drinking a Spike Shooter ever day before work but it just doesn’t do it for me anymore… So I decided I am going to try the New HOT-ROX Extreme, what im afraid of is if I do lose this extra fat will it effect my metabolism when im off it? Will i gain all the weight back? any help would be helpful =) Thank you! [/quote]

Give us some stats (weight, bf% etc) and we can help you more. I can’t speak for others but I would never recommend supplements to replace exercise (including weights) and decent nutrition.

To answer your question, if your training and nutrition are lacking then you will put any weight lost back on. The reason for this will not be that your metabolism has been altered but because you chose to attack a symptom instead of a cause.

[quote]WishinWishes wrote:
what im afraid of is if I do lose this extra fat will it effect my metabolism when im off it? Will i gain all the weight back? any help would be helpful =) Thank you! [/quote]

yes your metab will be different you will weigh less have less tissue even if it is fat. fat takes energy to keep. lose it and want to keep it off you will have to eat less or be more active…

Gain it back not if you dont pig out and go back to the habits that got you where you were. up intake slowly once reaching your goal and find your sweet spot

Phill

Mmkay im 18 im 5,10 170 pounds all my weight is on my stomach and love handles. No amtter how hard I work out I just can’t seem to burn this away.

I Eat ALOT mostly healthy though sandwhiches soup salads oranges apples bananas. im very against starving myself I usually eat twice before work once during work and depending how im feeling maybe after work. I do work out not to an extreme but enough to where I have gained alot of muscle, mostly from Rock Climbing though.

Oh also you have to add in how much I walk everyday PLUS while at work I lift ALOT of heavy things I usually go home sore depending on how hard I worked that day. Any other needed information?

[quote]WishinWishes wrote:
Mmkay im 18 im 5,10 170 pounds all my weight is on my stomach and love handles. No amtter how hard I work out I just can’t seem to burn this away.

I Eat ALOT mostly healthy though sandwhiches soup salads oranges apples bananas. im very against starving myself I usually eat twice before work once during work and depending how im feeling maybe after work. I do work out not to an extreme but enough to where I have gained alot of muscle, mostly from Rock Climbing though.

Oh also you have to add in how much I walk everyday PLUS while at work I lift ALOT of heavy things I usually go home sore depending on how hard I worked that day. Any other needed information?[/quote]

I’m not attacking you, it’s just that it’s hard to give (meaningful) advice based on relative information. I used to think that I ate ALOT of healthy food and that I worked out HARD but in retrospect I didn’t. The only thing I can take from your post above is that your diet may be lacking in structure and that you probably aren’t eating enough protein.

Also if you have gained more muscle from rock climbing than weight training you might want to look at your training a little closer.

Hahaha oh no I don’t think your attacking me at all im jsut wondering what other information you need to know im here to learn not question other peoples advice :stuck_out_tongue:

oh and also im really not looking to gain ALOT of muscle maybe get a little more toned but im trying to lose this extra weight and its driving me nuts

[quote]WishinWishes wrote:
Hahaha oh no I don’t think your attacking me at all im jsut wondering what other information you need to know im here to learn not question other peoples advice :p[/quote]

OK that’s cool, it’s hard to tell sometimes.

A good start would be what you ate yesterday, everything (good or bad).

Even if you do decide you need to cut I personally don’t think you need to think about thermogenics until you are at least single digit bodyfat %, above that starts to sound like looking for a shortcut to me.

What is more important is your nutrition + rest + excercise. HRX is a supplement you use to help you with excercise and nutrition. You shouldn’t be using HRX as your end-all solution to your quality of physical well being…

I SMELL SUPPLEMENT ABUSE! hehe jk. Honestly tho, your nutrition, excercise, and rest should be key for long-term health.

I eat alot of healthy things I take in alot of nutrients and i get ALOT of rest. I am against substance abuse but is taking it going to harm me?

I have bad knees so I can’t run im sore after work (thus why I Rock Climb) eating healthy and making sure I get rest and the correct nutrients have only taken my weight loss so far from what it has seemed I haven’t lost a pound in over 4 months and i’ve stayed at about the same muscle

I dont eat fast food or drink soda I drink water milk juice sometimes or iced tea (along with the Spike Shooter) does anything im doing seem wrong? something that would cause my body not to lose the extra baggage?

[quote]WishinWishes wrote:
I eat alot of healthy things I take in alot of nutrients and i get ALOT of rest. I am against substance abuse but is taking it going to harm me?

I have bad knees so I can’t run im sore after work (thus why I Rock Climb) eating healthy and making sure I get rest and the correct nutrients have only taken my weight loss so far from what it has seemed I haven’t lost a pound in over 4 months and i’ve stayed at about the same muscle

I dont eat fast food or drink soda I drink water milk juice sometimes or iced tea (along with the Spike Shooter) does anything im doing seem wrong? something that would cause my body not to lose the extra baggage?[/quote]

Well, it doesn’t sound like you actually work out (resistance training). If your diet is on point (something I still can’t tell because you won’t give a typical days diet) then this is the missing link.

It’s not that HOT-ROX will harm you (I’ve used it myself and would recommend it highly) but if your current exercise + diet = disappointment and the HOT-ROX give you what you are looking for (which is not guaranteed), when you return to your current exercise & diet the end result will ultimately be disappointment.

It’s the same circle of failure that yo-yo dieters find themselves in.