T Nation

HOT-ROX Extreme - Italian Style

I just came back from 3 weeks in Italy. I was excited about my trip but deep down I was worried that three weeks of pasta, wine, and tiramisu, not to mention a lack of workout facilities would ruin all of my hard work. So I ordered a bottle of HOT-ROX Extreme for damage control.

To my surprise I actually lost 2.5lbs. and 1/4 on my waist. My wife even said that she noticed my waist getting thinner on the trip. I don’t know if all 2.5lbs. came off my waist because I didn’t measure my hips (ie, my fat ass), because I never lose weight here no matter what and I figured it was hopeless. I do know that I didn’t lose it in the form of muscle mass because the first place I always lose it is in my arms. They shrink if I miss a meal and their measurement stayed the same as before I left which is simply amazing to me.

My workout consisted of 100 pushups am and pm with some walking, buprees, one legged squats, planks, etc. all body weight exercises. I did this religiously to ease the guilt of what I was eating.

My diet was another story. Pasta, bread soaked in fresh olive oil, and wine with every meal. My post workout meals consisted mainly of chocolate with almonds and multepulciano (wine from Tuscany). I ate 6 300g chocolate bars in 3 weeks. That is about 3 1/2 lbs. I was also faced with the Italian meal schedule, cappuccino for breakfast, big pasta lunch and big pasta dinner. So other than my post workout chocolate I only ate 2 meals per day. The last one usually late at night.

Not that my results are all that stellar, but given the fact that I’m pushing 40 and just looking at dessert puts an inch on your waist, I’m pretty happy to walk away with no apparent loss of muscle mass and 1/4 inch off of my waist. In fact I think that the walking may have been the only thing that saved me. I probably walked at least 5 miles every day sightseeing,etc.

I was impressed with the fact that the weight came off of my mid section first and not my biceps. Every time I diet my arms are the first thing to shrink. All I can say is I cannot wait to cycle this for a month with a clean diet, weights, and some sprints.

Hahaha, let’s be honest. You just wanted to brag about being in Italy for three weeks. Nice.

I hemmed and hawed about posting this because I didn’t want to seem like I lead a life of leisure, but how can you say I just spent the last 3 weeks in Italy and not seem like you are bragging.

I thought others might like to know how things turned out for me. I travel often and I have tried Carbolin 19 alone and HOT-ROX alone with less favorable results. I even ate cleaner on the other trips because I could pack food and had the expectation of being back in the gym in a week or less. I let it all hang out on this trip and still came out with better results.

This is encouraging news. Glad to hear to had a good trip. Kudos on keeping up with some bodyweight exercises while on vacation. Not very many people would be so diligent. I know I haven’t been when I have traveled in the past.

I’m sure the trip was awesome. I love Italy. If you think about it, your experience is not too surprising. You ate at a caloric deficit and less than you normally do. The two meals were large but as far as calories went for the day, you were probably eating less. You also probably did a lot of walking.

Actually I did walk quite a bit. I there were days I spent 8-12 hours a day wandering around with a backpack.

Considering I ride a desk for a living, it makes sense that I probably significanly increased the amount of calories I burned.

Since coming back I feel like a caged rat at my desk.

Where did you go in Italy?

I had a similar experience. I spent 7 weeks there last year, ate a lot, and didn’t put on 1 pound.

I ate well and had a combination of ice cream, wine and beer every night, from 10 pm onward.

Exercise consisted of 5 or 6 long walks and ab exercises. That’s about it.

This has been touched on before, but many people are starting to feel that America’s obesity problem is due in part to all the chemical sh3t that’s pumped into our food.

I’d LOVE to see a T-Nation article on what effect chemical additives to foods can do to body composition.

I lived in Siena for a little while, and all the walking and moving around more than compensated for all the dietary faux pas.

I miss Italy so much, I envy you!

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
This has been touched on before, but many people are starting to feel that America’s obesity problem is due in part to all the chemical sh3t that’s pumped into our food.[/quote]

Also, many people in Europe (especially in Mediterranean Europe) walk to work (and/or use public transport) and many return home for lunch. Is there anything more catabolic than eating a crappy sandwich in front of your computer?

[quote]Miserere wrote:
Sonny S wrote:
This has been touched on before, but many people are starting to feel that America’s obesity problem is due in part to all the chemical sh3t that’s pumped into our food.

Also, many people in Europe (especially in Mediterranean Europe) walk to work (and/or use public transport) and many return home for lunch. Is there anything more catabolic than eating a crappy sandwich in front of your computer?[/quote]

Yeah, McDonald’s at your computer!

I think a large part of it is all the chemical put into our processed foods.
thats why 90% of the people who are obese live off of that crap.
I think people should start paying attention to not only what the food is,but HOW it’s made.
This sure is a HFCS nation.

[quote]Sonny S wrote:
Where did you go in Italy?

I had a similar experience. I spent 7 weeks there last year, ate a lot, and didn’t put on 1 pound.

I ate well and had a combination of ice cream, wine and beer every night, from 10 pm onward.

Exercise consisted of 5 or 6 long walks and ab exercises. That’s about it.

This has been touched on before, but many people are starting to feel that America’s obesity problem is due in part to all the chemical sh3t that’s pumped into our food.

I’d LOVE to see a T-Nation article on what effect chemical additives to foods can do to body composition.[/quote]

[quote]ConanSpeaks wrote:
I just came back from 3 weeks in Italy. I was excited about my trip but deep down I was worried that three weeks of pasta, wine, and tiramisu, not to mention a lack of workout facilities would ruin all of my hard work. So I ordered a bottle of HOT-ROX Extreme for damage control.

To my surprise I actually lost 2.5lbs. and 1/4 on my waist. My wife even said that she noticed my waist getting thinner on the trip. I don’t know if all 2.5lbs. came off my waist because I didn’t measure my hips (ie, my fat ass), because I never lose weight here no matter what and I figured it was hopeless. I do know that I didn’t lose it in the form of muscle mass because the first place I always lose it is in my arms. They shrink if I miss a meal and their measurement stayed the same as before I left which is simply amazing to me.

My workout consisted of 100 pushups am and pm with some walking, buprees, one legged squats, planks, etc. all body weight exercises. I did this religiously to ease the guilt of what I was eating.

My diet was another story. Pasta, bread soaked in fresh olive oil, and wine with every meal. My post workout meals consisted mainly of chocolate with almonds and multepulciano (wine from Tuscany). I ate 6 300g chocolate bars in 3 weeks. That is about 3 1/2 lbs. I was also faced with the Italian meal schedule, cappuccino for breakfast, big pasta lunch and big pasta dinner. So other than my post workout chocolate I only ate 2 meals per day. The last one usually late at night.

Not that my results are all that stellar, but given the fact that I’m pushing 40 and just looking at dessert puts an inch on your waist, I’m pretty happy to walk away with no apparent loss of muscle mass and 1/4 inch off of my waist. In fact I think that the walking may have been the only thing that saved me. I probably walked at least 5 miles every day sightseeing,etc.

I was impressed with the fact that the weight came off of my mid section first and not my biceps. Every time I diet my arms are the first thing to shrink. All I can say is I cannot wait to cycle this for a month with a clean diet, weights, and some sprints. [/quote]

Glad you had a good time in Italy Con. I just got back from the Swiss mountains and Italian Lakes, particulary Lake Maggiore. Anyway 2.5lbs fluctuation would be typical for anyone over as little as a couple of days, and also quarter an inch on the waist, too small to notice unless you are Clarence Bass.

If you miss a meal your arms shrink ? I can’t really say that’s making much sense.