HOT-ROX Extreme & Coffee

I am currently cutting and taking 4 HOT-ROX Extreme pills a day.
I used the search function, however coulnd’t find anything specific.
Even though I am certain nobody will tell me the exact amount of caffeine inside HOT-ROX (can’t be much as it is not listed as one of the first ingredients) , I am wondering whether drinking coffee (1 or 2 cups and some green tea a day) is a problem while on HOT-ROX. I am not particularly responsive to caffeine (I just love the taste of coffee) I am just asking whether this is potentially unhealthy?

Thanks in advance

i recently asked this question and customer service or whatever told me that a pill has the equivalent caffeine content of around 1 cup of coffee.

so that puts 4 pills a day at anywhere from 200-280 mg caffeine a day

many people recommend not going over 300mg a day consistently as it may be implicated in heart disease or something, at least thats what i have seen around various sites on the internet

decaf coffe if youre really worried?

Not sure if decaf coffee has the same antioxidant properties though.

Wow thanks for replying so quickly! Decaf is of course an option I thought about, but I actually never found any decaf that actually tasted like real coffee. It’s like beer and alcohol-free beer, at least I think it is, I don’t like beer so I wouldn’t know.
Anyway thanks again for answering my question! Thread can be closed.

[quote]ialwayslose wrote:

many people recommend not going over 300mg a day consistently as it may be implicated in heart disease or something, at least thats what i have seen around various sites on the internet[/quote]

LOL, holy shit, I would expect my heart to have exploded by now then…

300 a day? That is so little, why bother drinking the stuff.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

many people recommend not going over 300mg a day consistently as it may be implicated in heart disease or something, at least thats what i have seen around various sites on the internet[/quote]

300 a day? That is so little, why bother drinking the stuff.[/quote]

Yah, that’s total bullshit. And “may be implicated” is the the term researchers use when they have no fucking clue or evidence to support their hypothesis lol.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:

Yah, that’s total bullshit. And “may be implicated” is the the term researchers use when they have no fucking clue or evidence to support their hypothesis lol.[/quote]

I believe I remember you are around a gram pre workout correct?

I’m going to bump up to 400mg pre, but I don’t need to be up until 1am every night either.

A cup of coffee per pill is what I got as the response to how much is in one Spike… I think the strongest cup of coffee would have 200 max, probably more like 100-150 though.

Funny because the effect of one Spike could have me running all day.

Yah, that’s total bullshit. And “may be implicated” is the the term researchers use when they have no fucking clue or evidence to support their hypothesis lol.[/quote]

I’m going to bump up to 400mg pre, but I don’t need to be up until 1am every night either.[/quote]

Now I don’t feel so bad about 1g per day on cuts.

Going to grab another sugar-free energy drink now, thanks guys!

1g in a day?? That to me is a ridiculous amount… I’ve used 300-400mg max (spread out) and only during fat loss. The smallest effective dose is usually necessary… If you’ve built yourself to tolerate that much in a day, I would think you pretty much have to continue inhaling caffeine just to maintain your current function. I couldn’t imagine the withdrawals you’d go through if you dropped it completely lol.

[quote]EGYnutrition wrote:
A cup of coffee per pill is what I got as the response to how much is in one Spike… I think the strongest cup of coffee would have 200 max, probably more like 100-150 though.

Funny because the effect of one Spike could have me running all day. [/quote]

I guess that’s why we’re all different.

Check out caffeine content in Starbuck’s coffee/espresso. http://www.energyfiend.com/2007/10/the-complete-guide-to-starbucks-caffeine

I take a quad espresso (300 mgs caffeine) + 1 Spike tablet + Power Drive @ -30 WO and sleep like a baby some 6-7 hrs later. 4 WO’s per week, and on the 3 off days, I don’t take any caffeine from any source, no adverse affects or withdrawals.

Mutsanah Haha thats crazy. For me, 1 Spike = running good 2 Spikes = I can take over the world 3 Spikes = Im actually taking over the world

[quote]jmogill1 wrote:
1g in a day?? That to me is a ridiculous amount… I’ve used 300-400mg max (spread out) and only during fat loss. The smallest effective dose is usually necessary… If you’ve built yourself to tolerate that much in a day, I would think you pretty much have to continue inhaling caffeine just to maintain your current function. I couldn’t imagine the withdrawals you’d go through if you dropped it completely lol.[/quote]

i disagree, respectfully of course

about a year ago i was having any where up to ten ‘cups’ (typically 6 ounces w/ 150 mg per cup) of coffee a day. maybe 3 upon waking, 2-3 before lacrosse practice, and then another 2-3 prior to lifting.
i dropped all coffee at once and the only side effect i had was a bit of a headache for a day or so. i think, just like most other things, its all individual…

[quote]jmogill1 wrote:
1g in a day?? That to me is a ridiculous amount… I’ve used 300-400mg max (spread out) and only during fat loss. The smallest effective dose is usually necessary… If you’ve built yourself to tolerate that much in a day, I would think you pretty much have to continue inhaling caffeine just to maintain your current function. I couldn’t imagine the withdrawals you’d go through if you dropped it completely lol.[/quote]

My withdrawals aren’t bad at all. Actually none, lol. I do understand some people have issues with it, but I don’t.

I love caffeine and am def over 1g a day, particularly on workout days. Deadlift day I’m with waylander and at at least a gram if not 1.5 pre workout along with everything though out the day.

Great progress man, btw.

[quote]silverhydra wrote:

I’m going to bump up to 400mg pre, but I don’t need to be up until 1am every night either.[/quote]

[/quote]

lol, yeah I wouldn’t worry about it if your sleeping at night. If I’m not sleeping, I can get run down.

I find large amounts of sugar (coke diesel or energy drinks) waste me, I crash hard.

recommend not going over 300mg a day [/quote]

are these the same people that recommend following the food pyramid?

you’re body will tell you when you’ve had too much caffeine.

When I was in the Air Force Tech school, staying awake in class was a huge problem, it was like 9Hrs of technical lecture, while dealing with all the other bullshit the Military had us doing, so a lot of us were taking in mass amounts of caffein to stay awake in class and not fail.

I was taking in well over a gram a day of Caffein, as were a lot of my classmates. I vividly remember at times my hands would be really shaky and others would say when they went a bit too overboard they felt anxious and nervous, but nobody ever had any real issues from it.

My day usually started with 2 large thermals full of coffee. Drink mountain dew and coke throught class, pop anwhere between 1 and 4 noDoze throughout the class. And a Spike tablet before I worked out. And look how great I turned out! reference avatar

[/quote]

Your avatar is memorizing. I can no longer focus on this thread.

[quote]WestCoast7 wrote:

[/quote]

Your avatar is memorizing. I can no longer focus on this thread.[/quote]

then that means you need more caffeine

about two weeks ago I took 2 capsules of regular HOT-ROX but drank a large ‘extreme caffeine’ coffee (?) from quick check an hour later…I was sweating bullets and just felt uncomfortable in a small conference room going through training with other hires…not fun