T Nation

HOT-ROX Extreme and Water

Do I need to reduce or increase my water intake when adding HRX to my diet?

I’m on a low-carb diet and only supplements I take are HRX and protein shakes. Currently training and dieting to go from 183lbs to 169lbs (being 5-11 with some extra flubber, my goal’s to first lose fat and then start building muscle).

Also, if I don’t do the V-Diet, but take HOT-ROX, are there any changes I need to make to my diet, other than keeping carbs to a minimum and lowering my caloric intake 10-20%?

You want to keep your water intake high at all times either way.

Even more when your on HRX & low-carbing it.

shoot for a gallon or two a day.

I think I’ll go ahead and make this thread my lil’ journal…

B rocK, thanks for the confirmation - that’s pretty much what I though.

I did hit a bump on my road tho - I think my system went into emergency mode after HRX. I took only one and had all the symptoms everyone describes - elevated heart rate, elevated awareness, hot sensation all over my body. But I also got a bit of a high blood pressure type headache and serious fatigue when the pill started wearing off. Not to mention, that I was seriously constipated the entire day - a sign of bodyy being in the emergency mode, right?
So for now I’ll be taking HRX only occasionally - maybe once a week, for those days when I really need to burn fats - like my cardio days. At least, until I feel more compfortable. Might take me more time to lose the fat, but at least I won’t die from OD’ing on this stuff, right? :slight_smile:

My regular work-outs now consist of running circuits of 5-7 mins high-intensity cardio, followed by 7 weight-lifting excercises with no rest in between - that seems to get the fat burning pretty good, I’m down 3lbs over 3 weeks (is that a good result for someone, who’s just starting out?). So I’m keeping to this routine 3-4 days a week, with 2 cardio days and the aforementioned diet.

Any advice, input is appreciated, guys! So do chime in if you feel like it :)))

I’ve never had any adverse reaction to HRX. Peps me up a little bit, but no sweating/constipation etc etc.

Did you go straight to the full dose?

[quote]sidewalkdances wrote:
I’ve never had any adverse reaction to HRX. Peps me up a little bit, but no sweating/constipation etc etc.

Did you go straight to the full dose?[/quote]

I took one cap! And it had me “rolling” for like 10 hours and then I crashed pretty bad too… I’m not saying that my reaction is normal - quite the opposite. I just think either I did something wrong, or my blood pressure is too high to take it. Are you saying I can crush the cap and take halfs to get used to it?

I’m not a small guy - 180+lbs and 5-11, but I felt as if that capsule had too big a dose for me…

Possibly dehydrated … ? I have had some strange effects with HRX, but nothing like you described…

Dont crush the cap! What ever you do dont crush the cap! Cant remember why exactly, someone else will!

I started on 1 in the morning, 1 afternoon. Then next day 2 morning, 1 afternoon, then straight up to 4 a day.

It does hit me a bit stronger first thing, when i’m a little dehydrated and empty belly. I have a sports bottle filled with 1l water by my bed, and my HRX on the nightstand. I just chug most of that first thing with the HOT-ROX.

If it stucks stuck in your throat I hear the heartburn is a killer!

HOT-ROX was DRAMATIC for me. Dramatic to the point that I can’t take it. I’m not sure if it’s just the nature of thermogenics or if I had some bad reaction. But I felt very dehydrated, anxious. I drank water nonstop, but still had really bad dry mouth and had to pee at least once per hour. Obviously I couldn’t really function in that state so I stopped taking it. Anyone have a similar reaction? Am I dieing? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Wapptor wrote:
HOT-ROX was DRAMATIC for me. Dramatic to the point that I can’t take it. I’m not sure if it’s just the nature of thermogenics or if I had some bad reaction. But I felt very dehydrated, anxious. I drank water nonstop, but still had really bad dry mouth and had to pee at least once per hour. Obviously I couldn’t really function in that state so I stopped taking it. Anyone have a similar reaction? Am I dieing? :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

You just have to get used to it… I would have moments of extreme energy surplus that made me weak at the knees when I first started taking, now it has toned down a lot and I think I’m almost ready for full dosage.

Would you suggest trying one a day and that maybe those symptoms would eventually diminish? I’m still trying to drop weight and I paid for the stuff so if I could use it I might as well…

I don’t really think having 2 gallons a day is substantially necessary, but your body asks for it. Keep hydrated during all the day, whether you’re taking HOT-ROX or not.

[quote]Wapptor wrote:
Would you suggest trying one a day and that maybe those symptoms would eventually diminish? I’m still trying to drop weight and I paid for the stuff so if I could use it I might as well…[/quote]

Take it when you wake up and eat breakfast slowly… see how it treats you

Honestly, I have not taken HRX ever since I tried that one cap. I doubt I will. I’m getting good results with my progam - 8lbs lost in the first month of training - so I have a whole bottle that I’ll gladly give up to someone in the Sheepshead Bay/Brighton Beach area in Brooklyn :stuck_out_tongue:

But yo, I’m not responsible, ok?! This shit is STRONG and is NOT TO BE FUCKED WITH! You MUST do it right or you can end up in a box six feet under. As a matter of fact, I’ll only give it to someone who’s done it before and knows what he’s doing - PM me if you’re interested.

Thats Weird, I got HOT-ROX Extreme today. taken 2 capsules, only thing really was my mouth was slightly dry and i kept burping rasberries, otherwise just an increase in energy in the gym…
V_therussian if you dont want your HOT-ROX can always post them to me in the Uk :smiley:
would love to take them off you if dont want :slight_smile:

Very first time I took it, I was sweating like a mother. Heart Rate probably reached 170+. Reduced reaction the 2nd time. Then 2nd day, I went to 2 in the morning, then 2 in the evening. I was fine after that. I think the adjustment time is pretty fast (especially considering my body isn’t used to any type of caffeine at all).

Now I just fart alot, but thats been happening ever since I got serious with nutrition and lifting. The burping raspberries taste is actually a huge turn off for me, but I still deal with it. Only thing I notice is that I have alot of energy and I move around alot more due to HOT-ROX.

How you react to HOT-ROX depends on how you react to stimulants I think. I didn’t have a big reaction cuz im a coffeee drinker(just my personal theory).

Anyway, taking one HRX tablet per week is not gunna do anything for you, IMHO.