HOT-ROX, Carbolin 19 or What?

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/9/2/924da-vegas’06_015.jpg

This is my first post ever, although I have been a T-Nation fanatic for about two years now. I’m a collegiate athlete always looking for an edge. I have been consistent with my lifting for the past three years, and my diet has been clean for the past two.

about me:
21years old
6’ 205lbs
bench 300
clean 315
squat ~400 (haven’t maxed since hip surgery 6/07)

My question is about supplements…I have been taking Fish oil, creatine(don’t notice much), Surge, Greens+, a multi and ZMA.

I guess I’m looking to lean out and maintain LBM or if possible increase LBM. I am looking into Carbolin-19 and HOT-ROX, and want to hear some opinions about them from people who have taken them.

Also, I should note that strength and fitness are always my true goals, but I’m headed into an off season. Please let me know what you think about these two…also if anyone could tell me what they know about Animal M-stack that would be nice too.

…oh yeah, should I even take ZMA considering I am 21 and have high T levels anyway?

Here is a pic. I don’t know why, but it’s here anyway

HOT-ROX Extreme has Carbolin 19 in it.

I know that, but I guess what I am interested in is the relative effectiveness of the these products coming from a primary source, someone who used them. thanks…and we don’t really know how much Carbolin 19 is in HOT-ROX

[quote]labomb wrote:
I know that, but I guess what I am interested in is the relative effectiveness of the these products coming from a primary source, someone who used them. thanks…and we don’t really know how much Carbolin 19 is in HOT-ROX
[/quote]

I haven’t tried the HOT-ROX for a good long time now, but I’ve taken Carbolin 19 for about 6 months and have very good results. I put on about 12 pounds with no change in BF%, so I think it works. The overall feeling is pretty subtle, but if you were to look at it over a long period of time like I did, you notice that it does improve strength some, and you seem to recover a little quicker.

I’m actually pretty interested in trying out the HOT-ROX Extreme to see how that works as far as trying to lean out while maintaining strength.

[quote]labomb wrote:
[/quote]

The same dose of Carbolin-19 is in HOT-ROX Extreme as is in a serving of plain Carbolin-19. At least, that’s how the literature reads.

[quote]dhuge67 wrote:
labomb wrote:

The same dose of Carbolin 19-19 is in HOT-ROX Extreme as is in a serving of plain Carbolin 19-19. At least, that’s how the literature reads. [/quote]

Nah-that’s not so. The same dose is in Alpha Male. The implication is that there is less in HRX though they’ve never disclosed the actual dose. But in responses to questions whether there’s a full dose, I believe they’ve said no. Check out the thread. Still, I would go with HRX if looking to lean out and maintain muscle. It’s an awesome supplement.

Thanks for the help. unfortunately for me i was looking into these product as something to take once i got the cast off my leg tomorrow, but i broke my hand yesterday so the only pills i will be taking anytime soon are going to be vicodin.

green beer+ crutches= broken hand lol

[quote]labomb wrote:
Thanks for the help. unfortunately for me i was looking into these product as something to take once i got the cast off my leg tomorrow, but i broke my hand yesterday so the only pills i will be taking anytime soon are going to be vicodin.

green beer+ crutches= broken hand lol
[/quote]

Ahaha. Sounds like you had as good a St. Pat’s as I did. No casulties for me though…for the most part

Sorry to hear about your new injury. That really sucks but at least you’ll have some time for extra uni-lateral leg work to regain the balance in your lower body.

Stay healthy Man!