T Nation

HOT-ROX and Thyroid Function

I am wondering why HOT-ROX doesn’t suppress thyroid function? Does anyone have any science for this? I understand that epherine does and I took that and stopped so now I am just trying to learn everything before I try it out.

[quote]j23t wrote:
I am wondering why HOT-ROX doesn’t suppress thyroid function? Does anyone have any science for this? I understand that epherine does and I took that and stopped so now I am just trying to learn everything before I try it out. [/quote]

The compounds in HOT-ROX are simply increasing endogenous thyroid hormone production, which in this case, by default, isn’t going to allow for a supraphysiological increase and hence there is no suppression. The parent compound of A7-E was shown to increase T3 levels with no effect upon TSH. The Z isomer of guggulsterone was shown to increase the peripheral conversion of T4 to T3 via increased monodeiodinase activity and the Sclaremax has a TSH-like activity. Actually, much of this is explained in the original article.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=21B251839CC14556ACF3CEBF8D1E3FE8.hydra?id=461007

[quote]Cy Willson wrote:
j23t wrote:
I am wondering why HOT-ROX doesn’t suppress thyroid function? Does anyone have any science for this? I understand that epherine does and I took that and stopped so now I am just trying to learn everything before I try it out.

The compounds in HOT-ROX are simply increasing endogenous thyroid hormone production, which in this case, by default, isn’t going to allow for a supraphysiological increase and hence there is no suppression. The parent compound of A7-E was shown to increase T3 levels with no effect upon TSH. The Z isomer of guggulsterone was shown to increase the peripheral conversion of T4 to T3 via increased monodeiodinase activity and the Sclaremax has a TSH-like activity. Actually, much of this is explained in the original article.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=21B251839CC14556ACF3CEBF8D1E3FE8.hydra?id=461007[/quote]

You the man! Thanks

Cy is a beast.