T Nation

Hot-Rox and Hair Coloring

This is a new one…my girlfriend just started taking HOT-ROX about a week and half ago (on my recommendation). She’s getting her hair colored and highlighted and just called to tell me that her hair was ORANGE! The lady doing the coloring said that HOT-ROX probably caused it. I said that was ridiculous. Anybody ever hear of this…HOT-ROX affecting hair coloring?

Said hair coloring lady is a fucking moron. She fucked up.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Said hair coloring lady is a fucking moron. She fucked up.[/quote]

That’s exactly what I told her.

Hmmm…one thing I do know is that it doesn’t make it grow back :frowning:

[quote]morrison1 wrote:
This is a new one…my girlfriend just started taking HOT-ROX about a week and half ago (on my recommendation). She’s getting her hair colored and highlighted and just called to tell me that her hair was ORANGE! The lady doing the coloring said that HOT-ROX probably caused it. I said that was ridiculous. Anybody ever hear of this…HOT-ROX affecting hair coloring?[/quote]

Hair grows at a rate of 0.5 inches per month. If she has been taking HOT-ROX for even 2 weeks, we’re talking about a maximum of 0.25 inches growing while taking the supplement. The existing hair would not be affected; it is dead and receives no nutrition from the scalp. So even if it were possible for HOT-ROX to affect hair composition in such a radical way, only her roots would be orange.

She should get her money back.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
morrison1 wrote:
This is a new one…my girlfriend just started taking HOT-ROX about a week and half ago (on my recommendation). She’s getting her hair colored and highlighted and just called to tell me that her hair was ORANGE! The lady doing the coloring said that HOT-ROX probably caused it. I said that was ridiculous. Anybody ever hear of this…HOT-ROX affecting hair coloring?

Hair grows at a rate of 0.5 inches per month. If she has been taking HOT-ROX for even 2 weeks, we’re talking about a maximum of 0.25 inches growing while taking the supplement. The existing hair would not be affected; it is dead and receives no nutrition from the scalp. So even if it were possible for HOT-ROX to affect hair composition in such a radical way, only her roots would be orange.

She should get her money back.[/quote]

I also told her that. At any rate, she was able to get the coloring redone and said it looks fine.