HOT-ROX and Going Out

Ok; as you all might not guess I can actually be slightly shy when I go out. Also having just recently turned 21 I am still acclimating myself to the “scene,” and it’s rather difficult b/c I do not consume alcohol, and generally I don’t like approaching random people or talking to girls unless I’m really drunk. And I’m becoming very tired very quickly of my friends giving me crap for my non-alcohol and intrinsic tendencies. I’ve noticed that the only time I break this habit is either if I’m pretty drunk or quite buzzed; or if I’ve had way too much caffeine (I’m hypersensitive to it…so if I take 200mg or more I’m on crack).

Well, last night here at ASU a certain club in close proximity to campus was throwing a pre-spring break party from 7-2. I showed up at 8 (I had to wait a bit for the hour to come when I could drink my protein shake), and promptly left because it was lame. I didn’t talk to a single person.

Upon arriving home I realized that it was about 9pm and I had forgotten to take my second dosing of HOT-ROX. It had also been about 2 hours before I had eaten so I took it promptly.
2 hours later I had my next protein shake and returned to the club. On the way over there though I was extremely amped…I I felt like I was on straight caffeine/ephedrine but without jitters. And oddly enough…I talked to more girls in one night (just for fun; not looking for anything b/c I like being single; girls interfere with lifting and diets); so it’s kind of interesting to see that HOT-ROX over time is actually becoming MORE effective (this is just regular strength…and the Gel makes it A LOT more effective energy wise); and sort of acts as a mood enhancer.
Moral of the story…don’t drink; take HOT-ROX!

dude, get your priorities correct. Girls interfere w/ lifting&diet?You like being single? Work lifting&diet into your life to improve yourself; they shouldn’t be a burden. You’re 21 yrs. old, so live a little. Life is far too short to worry about leaving clubs to go drink a protein shake to “eat on time”.

You’ll achieve far more success in the real world and the gym if you get your shit together. If being a pro-bodybuilder pays your bills then obviously sacrifices will be made, but for 99% of us working out and eating well should be only a part of the overall picture.

[quote]vandalay15 wrote:
dude, get your priorities correct. Girls interfere w/ lifting&diet?You like being single? Work lifting&diet into your life to improve yourself; they shouldn’t be a burden. You’re 21 yrs. old, so live a little. Life is far too short to worry about leaving clubs to go drink a protein shake to “eat on time”.

You’ll achieve far more success in the real world and the gym if you get your shit together. If being a pro-bodybuilder pays your bills then obviously sacrifices will be made, but for 99% of us working out and eating well should be only a part of the overall picture. [/quote]

Agreed ^^

[quote]vandalay15 wrote:
dude, get your priorities correct. Girls interfere w/ lifting&diet?You like being single? Work lifting&diet into your life to improve yourself; they shouldn’t be a burden. You’re 21 yrs. old, so live a little. Life is far too short to worry about leaving clubs to go drink a protein shake to “eat on time”.[/quote]

PP, I really do admire your dedication and all of that, but I’m with Vandalay here. Every time I read your posts, I get the sneaking suspicion that your diet and lifting and counting calories and nutrient timing dominate your life. Now, that might be a by-product of the fact that this is bodybuilding/exercise/hard core site and all so that’s what you might talk about… but damn! Some balance would do you right, man!

I don’t have any kind of monopoly on worldly wisdom by any stretch of the imagination, but at the ripe old age of 32, I’ve come to realize that while I like exercising and fitness, I do it to add to the overall value of my life. I am discplined about it, eat well and so on, but I cannot imagine it being my all-consuming #1 priority. You can date, have fun, hell even have a few beers (I could care less what all of the “BUT IT WILL LOWER YOUR TESTOSTERONE!!!” crowd could say about drinking alcohol… a few beers every now and again is not going to totally detail your fitness plans for the rest of your life). Don’t go out and get plastered all the time, but finding a girlfriend or having a beer or two with your buddies on a weekend is one of those great bonding experiences of college you will not get the chance at again.

Just my 2 cents, chief. Take it for what you will. Just hope you find happiness with whatever path you end up choosing.

Kuz

• Return with honor.

Tune in next time for another shitty episode of ProteinPowda 90210

So you’re saying that you don’t drink alcohol, unless you’re really drunk, and then you go for it?

err…

[quote]Snoop wrote:
vandalay15 wrote:

You’ll achieve far more success in the real world and the gym if you get your shit together. If being a pro-bodybuilder pays your bills then obviously sacrifices will be made, but for 99% of us working out and eating well should be only a part of the overall picture.

Agreed ^[1]

No, actually, I commed him. It’s a distraction at our age. I get pussy when I’m in the mood. Otherwise, I’d rather not be having to deal with college girls because they are needy as hell etc… it does interfere with lifting and dieting. As for getting his shit together, the way I see it here is a kid 21 year old who is getting a good education, who is dedicated to lifting and eating properly, who if you’ve read the forums happens to be a very humble person with a good sense of humility, who is open to learn new things and allow his perspective to change, and who takes well to both constructive and sometimes not so constructive criticism.

PP has more of his shit together in his little pinky then most college kids do. I’d kill to have a friend at IU who had his kind of dedication, although I can’t complain I have my bros on the football team, but alot of them even don’t follow their diet or academics (suprise) too carefully.

1. /quote ↩︎

[quote]Watson2K5 wrote:
Tune in next time for another shitty episode of ProteinPowda 90210[/quote]

Watson2k5, you are bad… : )

you crack me up

1. Thank you HoosierDaddy.
  2. I kind of agree with you that I let it dominate my life. I can be at a bar/club and all of a sudden I’ll start counting my calories for the day. I am obsessive. Anyways though I had an appt at 10 with the sports medicine doc for my wrist injury (took like 1 min) so I had some extra time to speak with him and I decided to utilize that time and pick his brain a bit about how I could incorporate alcohol into my lifestyle and maybe have a bit more fun. While I don’t plan on doing until a few weeks post-V-Diet; I’ll let it trickle in later.

all things being equal–I don’t think you should drink.
All this endless soul searching about how much to drink and what to drink and blah blah blah…it almost sounds like you have a problem with the stuff.

You need to pick someones brain about how to add booze to your lifestyle? It is your life, learn to live it on your own terms.

I’ll admit to timing this so that I’m already well off the V-Diet, but its an out of town poker and beer weekend for me. As others have said, what it does or doesn’t do to my routine in the short term is not a consideration.

I guess you are a youngin, but relax a bit. It’s not all about being right, doing exactly the right thing and following every instruction to the best of current science and literature. In everything, there is balance. Color outside the lines once in a while.

Take manageable risks, make surivivable mistakes, and learn from it all.

Anyway, sorry for preaching, but I just got the wild thought that you were thinking there was a prize for trying hardest to do everything right.

Vroom, I just wanted to wish you a fun safe weekend and if you’re driving this weekend make sure you stay in the white lines and stick to the bee,r don’t be snorting any white lines either! (jk)

Powda, you crack me up!

[quote]Proteinpowda wrote:
Anyways though I had an appt at 10 with the sports medicine doc for my wrist injury (took like 1 min) so I had some extra time to speak with him and I decided to utilize that time and pick his brain a bit about how I could incorporate alcohol into my lifestyle and maybe have a bit more fun. [/quote]

That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard all day. I’m gonna frame that quote.

PP,

You are one of the strangest people I’ve seen on this board. That is all.

ProPowda
Commend the non-drinking. As a non-drinker myself I know the whole rant about not drinking. As far as the women, I can agree and not agree. I have been dating a girl for 2.5 years now and she has never been able to hold a workout routine for more then a week (still manages to be girl skinny though). Surprisingly through my dedication to training and the triteam its amazing how they can be receptive of your habits. Keep an open mind, often times college girls can be like grandmas they just want to talk about all the great things there boys do. If you are dedicated to you lifting you might find the right girl will do little to interfere and more praise for the stuff you are dedicated to. The key word is the right girl.

I repeat…say WHAT?

like i said…wear your dog as a stole to the club and you’ll be rocking.

or offer to show some bird your “harder side” and see what she says.

dude, you shouldnt need to drink to talk to women. you are completely mad…some ladies like that sort of thing.

if not…sic your dog on them.

sorry…keep imagining you dancing to Usher “baby come get me…”

lol. i protest PP! You are taking potential sunshine out of ladies lives.

j

someone must have an alchol filled protein shake recipe here!

[quote]jaimeo wrote:
I repeat…say WHAT?

like i said…wear your dog as a stole to the club and you’ll be rocking.

or offer to show some bird your “harder side” and see what she says.

dude, you shouldnt need to drink to talk to women. you are completely mad…some ladies like that sort of thing.

if not…sic your dog on them.

sorry…keep imagining you dancing to Usher “baby come get me…”

lol. i protest PP! You are taking potential sunshine out of ladies lives.

j

someone must have an alchol filled protein shake recipe here![/quote]

I had once heard something about Vodka and Surge. It doesn’t taste good. Please do not ask me how I know.

[quote]hoosierdaddy wrote:
I had once heard something about Vodka and Surge. It doesn’t taste good. Please do not ask me how I know.[/quote]

great jumpin jesus!

[quote]Joe Weider wrote:
hoosierdaddy wrote:
I had once heard something about Vodka and Surge. It doesn’t taste good. Please do not ask me how I know.

great jumpin jesus![/quote]

as a former bartender and former professional drunk (yes, i enjoyed college, thank you), I am offended by the thought of Surge and Vodka. Unless you added somd Baileys irish Cream, maybe Kahlua, tried for a Colorado Bulldog effect.

Try using Gatorade as your mixer of choice. Lemon Lime and Jack Daniels actually works, we called in Gatorblade. And yes, it gets you drunk faster.

Actually I was thinking about Surge flavored vodka the other night as I walked home 10 miles from a nightclub (my roomate who was my ride took 45 min to get to the car so I just started walking/jogging and did my cardio for the week).
My opinion; Surge flavored vodka would not be good. Here’s the reason: as we all know the flavor of Surge tends to degrade over time when in water (eg. drinking it during your workout); so unless you want to make Surge vodka shots it’s going to taste like vodka and whey hydrosolate…YUCK!