T Nation

Hot Fuzz, The Movie

See it.

It’s vulgar, funny, fast, cleverly written, a parody buddy/cop movie. It’s got a good mystery with some great twists. It’s got “Point Break” references. It’s got some gory deaths and injuries that will make you want to cringe and laugh your ass off at the same time.

After seeing it, you’ll shake your head at how “tame” the commercials made it seem, but realize there wasn’t much in the movie that could be put into U.S. prime-time commercial slots.

I saw it. It was good and very well written.

It’s the best film I have seen recently.

I loved Shaun of the Dead, so im pretty amped to go see this, im planning on hitting this up before i go see the late showing of Spiderman 3 this saturday night.

–JB

…and it seems to draw lurkers out! Good deal.

Wasn’t the reporter’s death the wildest thing you’ve seen in a while? Say “Yarp”!

Off topic but what is Spiderman 3 like? Its due out here soon I think.

Your “write up” pretty much described Shaun of the dead, which was my favorite flick of '05.

“A Big Bushy Beard!”

“…or we’ll be up to our balls in jugglers!”

It was enjoyable. After seeing “Shaun of the Dead” I am up for pretty much any movie with that fat guy in it.

it was amazing… rather “off the fucking chain!”

It was a cleverly written, amusing movie. One of the best I have seen recently actually, the humor was splendid and the ending unpredictable. I’m gonna watch it for the second time later this week,
so yeah. It was well worth the watch!

A great movie, liked it a lot. I chuckled at the godawful Chuck Norris film dvd they picked up in the garage, as I had watched that movie the previous week and it indeed was the worst pile of shite I had ever seen. And I liked ‘Lone Wolf McQuade’ and ‘Good Guys Wear Black’!

Anyway, back to Hot Fuzz, it was indeed brilliant, which was good as I feared it wouldn’t live up to ‘Shaun Of The Dead’. My favourite part being played by Timothy Dalton as the supermarket manager, he just made me crack up every time he came on screen.

I haven’t seen the movie but I’m a little surprised that all you guys in the US even know about it! I thought it’d just stay in the UK.

[quote]majicka wrote:
I haven’t seen the movie but I’m a little surprised that all you guys in the US even know about it! I thought it’d just stay in the UK.[/quote]

Don’t be so surprised, i personally love stealing things from the brits, I love Shaun of the dead, and both versions of the office… Oh, and well done on Keira Knightley, really a great job on that.

–JB

[quote]majicka wrote:
I haven’t seen the movie but I’m a little surprised that all you guys in the US even know about it! I thought it’d just stay in the UK.[/quote]

We’re pretty knowledgeable and liberal-minded here, you know. My wife and I are fans of Jim Broadbent and Bill Nighy, among others. Edward “The Equalizer” Woodward (small part in Hot Fuzz) had a show that was very popular here for awhile.

Hell, whenever I hear people rave about the TV show “House” I tell them about “A Bit of Frye and Laurie” and blow their minds that House started out doing sketch comedy.

great movie, I loved all the action movie cliches.

i actually saw this the weekend it came out in England and have to say it is quite funny…definetly see it.