Hot Coffee and Metabolic Drive

Aside from the potential de-naturing (I realize that there is some debate as to whether the protein is ALREADY denatured, WILL or WILL NOT denature, and if denaturing is even a problem)…

protein powder in coffee tastes like ASS. …even if you DO add milk, it’s AWFUL. Why spoil a nice big cup of freshly made french pressed organic shade grown Sumatran coffee?

I mean, sure… a shot or two of espresso in a protein shake… yummmm, but protein powder in coffee? jeez, I realize gettin’ buff is important and all dude, but there are PRIORITIES in life.

…like enjoying a good cup of joe every mornin’.

[quote]Dandalex wrote:
swivel wrote:
Dandalex wrote:

…I hope this clarifies my position.

So to each his own. Sugarfree, enjoy your steaming hot proteinated coffee and Swivel, you can always go with a Metabolic Drive frappuccino…

Anyway, you guys should be drinking green tea…

Cheers,
AlexH.[/quote]

hahaha dude…i was never looking for a pissing contest, just persiting for answers… that was a nice link to real information on digestability and lots of new words for me to learn. and after all, we seem to have the same postition don’t we ? i agree 150 is probably :wink: a good temperature.

thanks for putting in the time alex.
and while “frappucino” maybe a little brokeback for my tastes, i’m with you on the green tea. especially since spring is right around the corner. and btw the japanese recommend steeping fresh spring teas @ around 130f for 30 seconds haha !

cheers back at ya -s

[quote]Dandalex wrote:
Oh guys, just to take the confusion away, I’m not an MD yet, gimme 2 years and a board exam and I’ll accept the title.

And I am not a nutritionist either, but I am mastering in it.

Its always cool to exchange ideas with people who back up their claims.

Props to you Swivel.

It won’t be the first time that 2 people come to 2 different conclusions while looking at the same set of data.

Stay healthy,
AlexH[/quote]

no shit dude !? i just posted how i thought we were on the same page…hey i’ll take the props and run :slight_smile:

[quote]swivel wrote:
Dandalex wrote:
swivel wrote:
Dandalex wrote:

…I hope this clarifies my position.

So to each his own. Sugarfree, enjoy your steaming hot proteinated coffee and Swivel, you can always go with a Metabolic Drive frappuccino…

Anyway, you guys should be drinking green tea…

Cheers,
AlexH.

hahaha dude…i was never looking for a pissing contest, just persiting for answers… that was a nice link to real information on digestability and lots of new words for me to learn. and after all, we seem to have the same postition don’t we ? i agree 150 is probably :wink: a good temperature.

thanks for putting in the time alex.
and while “frappucino” maybe a little brokeback for my tastes, i’m with you on the green tea. especially since spring is right around the corner. and btw the japanese recommend steeping fresh spring teas @ around 130f for 30 seconds haha !

cheers back at ya -s[/quote]

Ah, Swivel, I truly am sorry about the confusion about the fappucino…

It should have read:

… Swivel, you can always go with a Metabolic Drive frappuccino…Not that there is anything wrong with that!

There is one cool article you might enjoy,

Influence of the Protein Digestion Rate on Protein Turnover in Young and Elderly Subjects

http://www.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/132/10/3228S

I find its a really cool article. Casein is great until you become old…then switch to whey!

Another one is

Dietary Protein to Support Anabolism with Resistance Exercise in Young Men

http://www.jacn.org/cgi/content/abstract/24/2/134S

Another article that shows that Soy sucks ass…

Just the abstract is accessible for people who don’t have subscriptions/institutional access.

Damn Japanese with all their rules. That’s it, I’m getting myself a geisha. I haven’t check out if I could just eat the leaves and get similar benefits…nobody has studied that yet. (Makes you wanna puke but getting your 10 cups equivalent is a breeze, especially without the constant peeing. Water in the mouth, full tablespoon of balled up tea leaves and rapid glass of water and lots of it afterwards.)

And people thing drinking raw eggs is cool…pfutt.

If I find other cool stuff, I’ll let you guys know.

Spring just around the corner? I’m knee deep in snow. I’ll believe it when I see it!

AlexH
Stepping away from the Spike bottle.