Hostile to Religion on Campus

[quote]therajraj wrote:

I’m not sure why you believe this, to my knowledge only the Christian frat is having issues.

[/quote]

Well, sure. Christian = politically correct target. Openly anti-affirmative action/employment law whites into the black club…Or, openly fundamentalist Christians into the LGBT club…let them get removed…this wouldn’t have even been a story.

I would say just like it being a Religious group , having the right to deny admittance , It is also a school group that has the right to deny admittance to school groups

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

I’m not sure why you believe this, to my knowledge only the Christian frat is having issues.

[/quote]

Well, sure. Christian = politically correct target. Openly anti-affirmative action/employment law whites into the black club…Or, openly fundamentalist Christians into the LGBT club…let them get removed…this wouldn’t have even been a story.[/quote]

If the openly gay member was disrupting the Christian group I would be all for their removal.

If he/she is simply there taking part in prayer and happens to be gay then I wouldn’t.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:
I like how much multi-culturalists actually hate multi-culturalism. It ends up being nothing more than a decision akin to choosing between Panda Express and Taco-Bell.[/quote]

Last I checked, Christianity in the US is ubiquitous. If you want to be part of a church group that fully aligns with your beliefs walk the extra 5min and go to the church off campus.

[/quote]

Err, why should they have to walk? They can form a like-minded group right there. Or, does that horrify you? They must be driven to the churches! Give not a inch more!

Fast food multiculturalism, rofl. Monoculture.
[/quote]

LOL

How much religious privilege do you require before you’re happy?

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:
I like how much multi-culturalists actually hate multi-culturalism. It ends up being nothing more than a decision akin to choosing between Panda Express and Taco-Bell.[/quote]

Last I checked, Christianity in the US is ubiquitous. If you want to be part of a church group that fully aligns with your beliefs walk the extra 5min and go to the church off campus.

[/quote]

Err, why should they have to walk? They can form a like-minded group right there. Or, does that horrify you? They must be driven to the churches! Give not a inch more!

[/quote]

LOL

How much religious freedom do you require before you’re happy?

[/quote]

Fixed that for you.

[quote]limburg wrote:
Case in point!

Perfect example of what is going wrong in this country. How far could stuff like this really go? This discrimination crap is all about those with touchy-feely feelings that don’t know how to deal with disappointment. How long before the word “no” is stricken from the American dictionary.[/quote]

Like I said, it’s ok to be bigoted against Christians.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL

[/quote]

Well, I don’t know. To be able to create and run clubs on campus LIKE THE FRIGGEN LGBT, AND OTHER PROGRESSIVE CLUBS, can. “Hi, I’m the new Fundamentalist, traditionally moralistic, Baptist straight head of the LGBT!”

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

LOL

[/quote]

Well, I don’t know. To be able to create and run clubs on campus LIKE THE FRIGGEN LGBT, AND OTHER PROGRESSIVE CLUBS, can. “Hi, I’m the new Fundamentalist, traditionally moralistic, Baptist straight head of the LGBT!” [/quote]

You consider this a realistic threat for a school located in Tennessee?

And as I already said, members joining x group for the sole purpose of disrupting it should be removed.

Would you allow an atheist to join a Christian group?

Even if I had 0 intention of accepting Jesus Christ and only had the single goal of gaining a better understanding of the Christian worldview?

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Even if I had 0 intention of accepting Jesus Christ and only had the single goal of gaining a better understanding of the Christian worldview?[/quote]

No. Go read a book. Maybe, come in as a silent guest. But not as a member of a…Christian group. Society has failed to strangle the common sense out of me.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

So can an openly gay person be a Christian?

[/quote]

No.[/quote]

I dont believe jesus ever said that…

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Even if I had 0 intention of accepting Jesus Christ and only had the single goal of gaining a better understanding of the Christian worldview?[/quote]

No. Go read a book. Maybe, come in as a silent guest. But not as a member of a…Christian group. Society has failed to strangle the common sense out of me.[/quote]

Okay, now for my follow up question.

There’s a sizeable cohort of Christians that do not consider Roman Catholics to be Christians. IIRC our very own Tribulus is in this camp.

If the campus Christian group did not want to allow Catholics to join their group, would you also be okay with that?

[quote]Ratchet wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

So can an openly gay person be a Christian?

[/quote]

No.[/quote]

I dont believe jesus ever said that…
[/quote]

Ok.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

If the campus Christian group did not want to allow Catholics to join their group, would you also be okay with that?[/quote]

Yep. I’d either find one where I fit in, create my own, or use the time for extra studying. What I wouldn’t do is clutch up my skirts and go running, all weepy-eyed, for the ‘fair-police.’ I’m too manly for that.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

No. Go read a book. Maybe, come in as a silent guest. But not as a member of a…Christian group. Society has failed to strangle the common sense out of me.[/quote]

Well said…

[quote]limburg wrote:
How long before the word “no” is stricken from the American dictionary.[/quote]

I’m pretty sure banning religious groups is an example of saying “no”.

My 2 cents,

It defeats the purpose of having a group if you can’t exclude anybody. If you’re teh ghey, don’t be surprised when Christians don’t want to hang around you. kinda like if you join a furry group, don’t be surprised when they kick you out for refusing to fellate all the other members while wearing a “miss Piggy” costume.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

Okay, now for my follow up question.

There’s a sizeable cohort of Christians that do not consider Roman Catholics to be Christians. IIRC our very own Tribulus is in this camp.

If the campus Christian group did not want to allow Catholics to join their group, would you also be okay with that?[/quote]

There are 36,000 protestant denominations world wide. Tirib’s very narrow view comes from the fringe group known as Reformed Baptist. Apparently, regular Baptists are to liberal. Anyhow, the point is of the 36,000, the vast majority consider us Catholic’s Christian…They kind of have to if you look at history.
The reason for 36,000 denominations? It’s call sola scriptura. It lists the bible alone as the central authority. The philosophy behind that is that the bible is clear about what it says therefore you don’t need any governing body’s to wield authority.
The evidence of that epic fail is the 36,000 denominations who all have just an ass-hairs difference in bible interpretation. If it were truly that clear, there would only be one church, not 36,000.

Sloth is right though, joining a Christian group as a devout atheist is like a pro-lifer joining NARAL. The word “Christian” kind of presumes you believe in Christ.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

Well, sure. Christian = politically correct target. Openly anti-affirmative action/employment law whites into the black club…Or, openly fundamentalist Christians into the LGBT club…let them get removed…this wouldn’t have even been a story.[/quote]

If the openly gay member was disrupting the Christian group I would be all for their removal.

If he/she is simply there taking part in prayer and happens to be gay then I wouldn’t.

[/quote]

The mistake your making here is that being or not being a Christian is a personal choice, it’s really not up to a group. If an openly gay person wants to be Christian it’s his choice, but he has to deal with all that brings including that fact that homosexual act is roundly condemned cover to cover in the bible. So that’s a part of his life he has to reconcile with God.
That being said, we all have are own baggage, so the homosexual is not alone in his life long battle with sin.

[quote]pat wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

The mistake your making here is that being or not being a Christian is a personal choice, it’s really not up to a group. If an openly gay person wants to be Christian it’s his choice, but he has to deal with all that brings including that fact that homosexual act is roundly condemned cover to cover in the bible. So that’s a part of his life he has to reconcile with God.
That being said, we all have are own baggage, so the homosexual is not alone in his life long battle with sin. [/quote]

Do you agree that Gays can’t be Christians?

The last line of your post makes me think you don’t.