Hostage Slaughterhouses

They found them in Falluja. These are not insurgents. These are not guerillas. These are terrorists.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2004-11-10-fallujah-slaughterhouses_x.htm

Posted 11/10/2004 11:14 AM

Iraq troops find ‘hostage slaughterhouses’

NEAR FALLUJAH, Iraq (AP) ? Iraqi troops have found “hostage slaughterhouses” in Fallujah where foreign captives were held and killed, the commander of Iraqi forces in the city said Wednesday.

Troops found CDs and documents of people taken captive in houses in the northern part of Fallujah, Maj. Gen. Abdul Qader Mohammed Jassem Mohan told reporters.

The most notorious abductions in Iraq have been by the al-Qaeda-linked group led by Jordanian militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, who was believed to be in Fallujah but who commanders now say likely fled the city before the huge offensive launched this week by U.S. and Iraqi forces.

Mohan did not say that remains of captives were found and did not comment on whether the houses were believed linked to al-Zarqawi or any of several other militant groups that have claimed kidnappings.

“We have found hostage slaughterhouses in Fallujah that were used by these people and the black clothing that they used to wear to identify themselves, hundreds of CDs and whole records with names of hostages,” the general said at a military camp near Fallujah.

Mohan was unsure if the hostage records included the names of any of the at least nine foreigners still in the hands of kidnappers ? most notably, British aid worker Margaret Hassan, French journalists Christian Chesnot and Georges Malbrunot and two Americans.

“I did not look closely” at the documents, he said.

More than 170 foreigners have been kidnapped this year, and more than 30 of them have been killed by their captors.

Al-Zarqawi’s followers have beheaded three Americans, two Britons, a Japanese and a South Korean, usually releasing grisly videos showing the decapitations.

This hostage was rescued by the Marines – apparently his captors shackled him to the wall and fled:

November 10, 2004

U.S. troops find Iraqi chained in Fallujah

Associated Press

BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. forces found and freed an Iraqi who had been chained to a wall and beaten by his captors in a building in Fallujah, the military said Thursday. The man told Marines he was a taxi driver held for 10 days.

The man was bruised and starving when troops came across him Wednesday afternoon in the building in a northeastern district of the city, where U.S. and Iraqi forces have launched a huge assault against Sunni insurgents.

Marines spokesman Maj. Francis Piccoli said that U.S. troops had found the man chained to a wall and shackled by his wrists and ankles. The man had been beaten by his captors and was very malnourished, according to medical assessments.

A variety of weapons was discovered at the site as well, he said.

Piccoli said he did not know the man’s nationality but that he was not an American or Westerner.

ABC pool footage showed the man telling Marines that he was an Iraqi taxi driver who had been held for 10 days until the Marines freed him.

The man, who was shirtless and wrapped up in a blanket, had what appeared to be bruises on his neck and back.

Speaking through an Iraqi translator, the man said his captors put cuffs on his legs and hands and beat him with thick electrical cable. He said he thought he would be killed. He also said he had not been given food or water for several days.

An Iraqi general said Wednesday that troops had uncovered buildings where foreign hostages had been held and possibly killed, finding CDs of beheadings and documents of foreign captives.

More than 170 foreigners have been kidnapping in Iraq this year, and more than 30 of them were slain by their captives. At least nine remain in the hands of kidnappers and their fate is unknown. One of the most notorious kidnappers, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, had been thought to be in Fallujah but is believed to have fled before this week’s offensive.

I prefer the term “humanity-impaired”.

I saw a report last night on the tube.

Why in the hell are we negotiating with these cretans?

They are chicken-shit cowards in every sense of the word.

It’s not easy to identify folks who can hide in the populace, but these scum need to be hunted down and given the ultimate liberation…

I look forward to the day when the Iraqi citizens can escape their past and root out brutal coercion tactics learned during previous eras.

I wonder if we can make it easier for Iraqi’s to contribute intelligence information without threat of retaliation. If you were a forward thinking Iraqi in Falluja, how would you safely get information to the authorities?

vroom:

Now that was a good solid (non-liberal) post. I like what I’m seeing keep it up! :slight_smile:

Zeb, how condescending of you!

Anyway, perhaps you can comment on the topic instead of reflecting on the degree of liberalism in any particular post I might make?

I think the ongoing banter between you and I detracts from the forum in general.

[quote]vroom wrote:
It’s not easy to identify folks who can hide in the populace, but these scum need to be hunted down and given the ultimate liberation…

I look forward to the day when the Iraqi citizens can escape their past and root out brutal coercion tactics learned during previous eras.

I wonder if we can make it easier for Iraqi’s to contribute intelligence information without threat of retaliation. If you were a forward thinking Iraqi in Falluja, how would you safely get information to the authorities?[/quote]

Very true – and this won’t be helped until the people think the police/military can protect them from the predations of the monsters hiding in their midst. That’s one of the reasons why it is so imperative to get the Iraqis trained – they can provide better day-to-day security, and they will be better able to spot the foreigners infiltrating their cities.

Boston,

I agree. One of the troubling things to me is the ongoing infiltration of the new Iraqi security forces.

The problem is severe. In the long term, stability will be achieved when the Iraqi people can stand together and enforce it.

This takes trust. If a citizen reports to the local authorities and then finds that his or her entire family is later eradicated by terrorists, it simply will not happen.

I sure hope there is some type of ubiquitous anonymous untraceable tip mechanism over there. It needs to go somewhere other than the local security detail.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Zeb, how condescending of you!

Anyway, perhaps you can comment on the topic instead of reflecting on the degree of liberalism in any particular post I might make?

I think the ongoing banter between you and I detracts from the forum in general.[/quote]

Condescending? I’m sorry you took it that way. I was complimenting you vroom.

However, if you would rather I not speak directly to you any longer I can do that. Works both ways however. Up to you.

Zeb,

I’m interested in discussing things with you only if you can refrain from trying to characterize every post I make as liberal or non-liberal.

I may be mistaken, but I don’t think anyone is really interested in your opinion on the political flavor of all my posts. I’m guessing they are able to form their own opinions.

Now, if you have opinions on the thread topic itself, please share them. If you have opinions on the ISSUES within my post, please share them.

If you simply want to apply negative and positive assessments based on your own political leanings please don’t bother.

vroom:

Now I got it!

You are telling me exactly how and what to post. Um…no thanks, as long as you continue to post your liberal opinion, or bash the US I will continue to call you on it.

By the way, I don’t think I’m alone in this observation, so you are mistaken.

I read they set up a toll free number in Iraq for the locals to inform on the Terrorists. They are getting about 200 calls per week.

It’s a simple idea but apparently effective. Let’s face it. If they see you talking to the Americans they will retaliate. If it is a simple call…your most likely safe.

Zeb,

Is it your goal to destroy every thread in the political forum? Grow up already. I don’t think anyone is interested in the banter between you and I.

If it will continue to amuse you then go ahead and keep score. Maybe you can give a running accounting of liberal vs non-liberal posts. Beware, since I don’t trust your judgement I may ask for a recount.

Oh wait, you won’t find that funny…

Hedo,

Glad to hear they have that in place and hopefully it is a good source of information – once the chaff is filtered out.

vroom:

Your behavior is now bordering on childish. It seems that when you don’t get your way you get a bit testy, (could that be to much testosterone? No…just a bad disposition).

Perhaps you are the one who is “ruining every political thread.” I am merely responding when and if your posts show an extreme liberal bent, or unfairly bash the US.

Maybe it’s time for you to “suck it up buttercup,” or “grow a pair” (I couldn’t wait to throw those two back at you).

Hey…have a good night :slight_smile:

Care to point out where in this thread that has occured?

vroom, vroom, vroom:

Naturally, when you invoke my name I will respond. Also, if you refer to me in a sly manner I may respond as well.

Let’s recap, I will respond if any or all of the following are posted by you:

1. Extreme liberal rhetoric (which you are known for).

2. Unfairly bashing the USA (which you are also known for).

3. Mentioning my name overtly, or in a sly fashion, for example: “If a certain person who likes to call me a liberal… yada, yada, yada.”

4. If I think you have a very good point and I agree with you (I expect this one to be quite rare, based upon past experience).

Other than the above you will not be hearing from me.

I am now going to put the dog to bed, tuck my kids in, make a snack (Grow Protein in a pudding mix…it’s incredibly good) and go to bed early. See you tomorrow pal. :slight_smile:

Zeb

Zeb, I really think you are going insane buddy. How many of your posts in this thread are “on topic”?

Zero.

I’m not trying to censor you or anything moronic like that. I just figured, hey, maybe folks would prefer if you focused on thread topics or issues raised instead of your opinion of me.

You are obsessed with some sort of anti-liberal crusade. You chased RSU around like a crazed pit bull, and now you are hounding me.

I’ll make you deal. Why don’t we start a thread where you and I can bicker about this? It will make it much easier for everyone else to ignore us.

Honestly, I simply don’t think the general public wants to hear you and I bicker about how liberal I am or am not nor whether or not something I said constitutes what you claim as anti-american rhetoric.

Have some consideration man.

I like potatoes