Hossein Rezazadeh FS 280kg/617lbs

[quote]BCpowder wrote:
He back squats close to 900 lbs Olympic style. I really think that this guy, if he switched to power style, could set a world squat record if you gave him a couple years to train for it. [/quote]

I really believe if you give him a suit and some knee wraps, he’d be pretty close to breaking the world record with his oly style squat. Then if you were to give him a different stance and tell him to only squat to slightly above paralell (like mike miller) he would easily break the record.

[quote]RickJames wrote:
Less than double bodyweight…that’s good for a high school kid.[/quote]

He has a lot more in him 280kg is far from his max.

Hossein weighs around 160kg. Lets say hes carrying 50kg of bodyfat and his max fs is about 320kg. This means that his 110kg of lbm is squatting 370kg which is really a 3.3 times bodyweight front squat.

Imagine Hossein losing 40kg of fat only, he would be a machine.

[quote]superscience wrote:
BCpowder wrote:
He back squats close to 900 lbs Olympic style. I really think that this guy, if he switched to power style, could set a world squat record if you gave him a couple years to train for it.

I really believe if you give him a suit and some knee wraps, he’d be pretty close to breaking the world record with his oly style squat. Then if you were to give him a different stance and tell him to only squat to slightly above paralell (like mike miller) he would easily break the record.

[/quote]

I really believe you teach Mike Miller how to Clean and Jerk, take his gear away, teach him the fundamentals of islam, and have him yeall allah akbar on the platform… then and only then would olympic weightlifting gold come back to the US…

RickJames wrote:
Less than double bodyweight…that’s good for a high school kid.

Hossein weighs around 160kg. Lets say hes carrying 50kg of bodyfat and his max fs is about 320kg. This means that his 110kg of lbm is squatting 370kg which is really a 3.3 times bodyweight front squat.

[/quote]

Yeah cuz fat has nothing to do with being strong or gaining muscle so lets not count it…

he is a machine and i would love to see him low bar powerlift squat. as for figuring out lean body mass squats, it isnt a good indicator imo because he would loose a lot of strength cutting down. either way, the man is a freak!

jeez-s that clean was a thing of beauty.

his application of power/acceleration is sooo smooth. like a 4 stroke where most guys are 2 stroking.

[quote]Viking69 wrote:
superscience wrote:
BCpowder wrote:
He back squats close to 900 lbs Olympic style. I really think that this guy, if he switched to power style, could set a world squat record if you gave him a couple years to train for it.

I really believe you teach Mike Miller how to Clean and Jerk, take his gear away, teach him the fundamentals of islam, and have him yeall allah akbar on the platform… then and only then would olympic weightlifting gold come back to the US…

[/quote]

Then you have to take the drugs out of him in time to compete make him flexible and explosive.

[quote]Viking69 wrote:
superscience wrote:
RickJames wrote:

Yeah cuz fat has nothing to do with being strong or gaining muscle so lets not count it…

[/quote]

Fat hinders your performance except in the bench press.

We all know fat helps with building muscle, but if hossein could get himself down to 5% bf or so without losing any muscle he would be stronger and more explosive.

You took what i said wrong, i said it to get people to realise hossein front squatting double bodyweight is different to a lean 180lb high school athlete, because hossein is very fat.

That’s incredible. I need to go front squat and eat…

Viking69 wrote:
superscience wrote:
RickJames wrote:

We all know fat helps with building muscle, but if hossein could get himself down to 5% bf or so without losing any muscle he would be stronger and more explosive.

You took what i said wrong, i said it to get people to realise hossein front squatting double bodyweight is different to a lean 180lb high school athlete, because hossein is very fat. [/quote]

you said fat hinders performance, then you say fat builds muscle. i think i know what you mean though. as for wondering what he would be like at 5% bf and no loss of muscle, he would be a freak, but then again who the hell can do that. that is one big “what if.” regardless the guy can probably front squat over 700 lbs and that is freakin crazy no matter how much you way.

You took what i said wrong, i said it to get people to realise hossein front squatting double bodyweight is different to a lean 180lb high school athlete, because hossein is very fat. [/quote]

Wow, this is incredibly insightful.

Rezazadeh is the world and olympic champion multiple times over. Exactly how much stronger and faster can he get? For what purpose?

Please explain how low bodyfat will help a superheavy in their lifts. Then tell that to Alexeyev.

[quote]SquatDr wrote:

Let’s see -your- double bodyweight front squat.

over 2.5 x bodyweight for me, but not NEARLY as impressive as a guy front squatting 600 lbs like nothing, regardless of bodyweight. he’s in a different league!
[/quote]

You can front squat 2.5 X BW? What is your bw?

Holger Kutroff doing a 300kg/660lbs raw ass to the grass frontsquat.

Is that REALLY 660lbs. I’m no expert but it doesn’t look like 660lbs. The bar is bending like it’s 400 or so, but I’m no expert.

I think so. There are 4 50kg plates 2 25kg paltes, the bar, collars and some smaller plates.
He is a crazy strong Raw lifter.
I saw him doing a 770lbs raw backsquat, and saw a failed 814lbs attmept.
and here’s a 360kg/793lbs raw squat: http://www.irongame.com/videos/HolgerKuttroff.GymLift.360kg-793lbSQ@308.unequipped.wmv

[quote]SquatDr wrote:
superscience wrote:
Viking69 wrote:
superscience wrote:
RickJames wrote:

You took what i said wrong, i said it to get people to realise hossein front squatting double bodyweight is different to a lean 180lb high school athlete, because hossein is very fat.

you said fat hinders performance, then you say fat builds muscle. i think i know what you mean though. as for wondering what he would be like at 5% bf and no loss of muscle, he would be a freak, but then again who the hell can do that. that is one big “what if.” regardless the guy can probably front squat over 700 lbs and that is freakin crazy no matter how much you way.

[/quote]

Yeah i meant that having the fat their will help with building muscle but carrying the extra bodyfat all the time will hinder performance, so cutting will improve taking into account that he only loses fat.

[quote]MixmasterNash wrote:
superscience wrote:

Wow, this is incredibly insightful.

Rezazadeh is the world and olympic champion multiple times over. Exactly how much stronger and faster can he get? For what purpose?

Please explain how low bodyfat will help a superheavy in their lifts. Then tell that to Alexeyev.[/quote]

If he was able to lose just fat, lets say 20kg of it, and maintain his lbm. His lbm will still be giving out the same power and strength yet he will have 20 kg less bodyweight to push so his legs will be able to squat more weight and he will be more explosive in the lifts.

[quote]meddl wrote:

Holger Kutroff doing a 300kg/660lbs raw ass to the grass frontsquat.[/quote]

Very strong and impressive but i prefer rezazas because he doesn’t use knee wraps and does it oly style.

[quote]meddl wrote:

Holger Kutroff doing a 300kg/660lbs raw ass to the grass frontsquat.[/quote]

ridiculous man! hahah

just curious, is he wearing some kind of suit?

[quote]BCpowder wrote:
He back squats close to 900 lbs Olympic style. I really think that this guy, if he switched to power style, could set a world squat record if you gave him a couple years to train for it. [/quote]

He’d hardly need the training. Simply shorten the ROM, widen the stance, throw on a power-suit and you’re good to go!