Horsemen Training Program

Horsemen…as in the Apocalypse.

[quote]boatguy wrote:
Horsemen…as in the Apocalypse.[/quote]

Yes, I’m tracking.

Why would NSW guys title a workout “Ode to the Regiment”?

In the Army, Regiment = 75th Ranger Regiment.

Why do frogs do anything they do?

check out Mark Levine’s(SP)website

For those of us non-military and are newer to strict conditioning. I’m guessing we should begin our goals with basic training requirements before moving on to something like this.

Does anybody know of a program like that? I D/Led some army PT handbook, which had a few exercises and general guidelines on program design, but I’d rather just go w/ a proven program w/ very simple “You should be able to meet such and such benchmarks before attempting this program” and a clear program.

I’d love to do the horsemen stuff, but it seems like jumping into an advanced BB split before getting the beginner strength.

1 Man Island: You could scale the workouts to say 50% weight or volume (I’d do weight decrease). Then work your way up. You’re still getting the training benefit but giving yourself a period to work up to it.

Military Athlete site has a lot of different programs to get people ready for various selections and so on. However, they’re fairly expensive, plus the site now of course costs to use.

For those who’re still looking to download the Horsemen program:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/55818603/Horsemen-Training-Program-i-1#download

You can upload ANY FILE you have on your computer and you’ll be able to download it for free. Just upload some random shit and you got it.

P.S.: The program looks quite tough but I recognize a quite a few sessions from back when I was doing MA. Good stuff. It just seems a BIT random. Without some knowledge of programming and common sense this isn’t gonna work too well…but I suppose if you’re looking into going for this kind of work you really should have both.

^^^^^^What he said.

I actually scaled some of the weights down, mainly in overhead pressing, and Turkish Getups. I also either skipped workouts with snatching or replaced it with power cleans, since my shoulder mobility is not great and my snatch form sucks.

Most of the workouts are also intended to be ‘as fast as possible’, ie, minimal rest. Which makes for another way to scale it to your current level- longer rest periods. But like JT said, if you don’t have at least a basic idea of programming, this will quickly beat you into the ground.

Yeah, I guess I’m pretty ignorant when it comes to conditioning programming. Any suggestions?

I’m hestitant to just “scale down.” If someone suggested something like Starting Strength, but just “scaled down,” that would probably not be the greatest advice.