T Nation

Horror Movie Stories

WOw, I remember going to the drive in and seeing Night of the Living Dead! it was in black and white!!! scared the hell outta me. I saw it again about 15 years ago and cracking up laughing at how stupid and fake it was!!!

When I was little I watched The Burbs … I thought it was a real horror movie cuz it scared me! Years later I found out it was a joke.

I saw Nightmare on Elm Street 3 when I was 6. I was at a friend’s house and his older brother was watching it. I saw boobs on the screen and it got my attention pretty fast. Then the naked chick turned into Freddy Krueger, or something fucked up like that. Freddy scared the shit out of me. I had nightmares for months afterward. Then one night, I had a (at the time) hilarious dream about walking in on Freddy taking a piss. I wasn’t scared of him after that.

I saw a Friday the 13th movie a little before that but I thought it was stupid/amusing. I liked Jason because he wore a hockey mask and rooted for him to fuck people up. I figured if they were dumb enough to not be able to get away from that dude then they deserved it. I also liked the boobs. Big fan of the boobs. Still am really.

[quote]ladieslove wrote:
When I was little I watched The Burbs … I thought it was a real horror movie cuz it scared me! Years later I found out it was a joke.

[/quote]

Awwww…that’s seriously cute. =P

When I was about 10, I was watching TV with with my parents when this movie came on. Started off with a guy and a girl going to the movies and then walking home. Then from no where, zombies start coming out of their graves. I nearly pissed my pants and ran to my room to sleep.

After realizing I left my pillow in the TV room, I reluctantly went back. I was covering my eyes, but I couldn’t help but peek…and I saw the zombies…dancing. Turns out it was Thriller by Michael Jackson haha. I ended up watching the video.

The first real horror movie I saw that I can remember was Fright Night. Whole movie was creepy as fuck, including the poster.

The Shining. Saw it when I was about ten or so. Had to watch it in bits and pieces, and it still creeped the hell out of me. Those two twin girls…they still freak me out.

First horror movie I remember seeing was The Blob. I must have been around 10. It wasn’t scary at all. I was surprised to see JR from Dallas and Burgess Meredith in it. Meredith played the Penguin on the old Batman TV show.

[quote]TK52 wrote:
When I was about 10, I was watching TV with with my parents when this movie came on. Started off with a guy and a girl going to the movies and then walking home. Then from no where, zombies start coming out of their graves. I nearly pissed my pants and ran to my room to sleep.

After realizing I left my pillow in the TV room, I reluctantly went back. I was covering my eyes, but I couldn’t help but peek…and I saw the zombies…dancing. Turns out it was Thriller by Michael Jackson haha. I ended up watching the video.

The first real horror movie I saw that I can remember was Fright Night. Whole movie was creepy as fuck, including the poster.[/quote]

I can totally beat that!

When I was 6 I wanted a Pointer Sisters tape (I was hardcore like that). Unfortunately I was also slightly stupid and asked for Twisted Sister instead.

This album cover TERRIFIED me and I hid it under my bed for years!!!

The movie that scared me as a kid was War of the Worlds… I had nightmares about that Martian Death ray.

[quote]BobParr wrote:
First horror movie I remember seeing was The Blob. I must have been around 10. It wasn’t scary at all. I was surprised to see JR from Dallas and Burgess Meredith in it. Meredith played the Penguin on the old Batman TV show.[/quote]

Yeah, same here.

IT and Nightmare on Elm Street where next, which is probably where my (and most peoples) dislike of clowns comes from.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:

IT and Nightmare on Elm Street where next, which is probably where my (and most peoples) dislike of clowns comes from.[/quote]

Both of these were the 1st ones I remember - and both scared the crap out of me.

I wasn’t even allowed to watch IT when it was first ran on TV because the commercials for it gave me nightmares. I had to sneak watch it from the recording of my sister made.

Definitely not a horror film, but I was terrified of E.T. That scene where he’s hiding in the garage and throws the ball back haunted me for years…or when his face is hidden amongst the stuffed animals in Elliot’s closet. I think I was 5. My older sister’s used to shuffle into my room in the dark right when I went to bed, and start saying, “E.T. phone home…” scared the shit out of me.

Humm I think mine was Predator. And then Evil Dead. It’s funny how movies that scared us when we were young turn out some of out favourites as adults.

I don’t remember if it was an actual movie or a small series but it was called The Plague and had the devil in it or something. All I remember is some old lady sitting on her porch looking out over this cornfield, she’s playing her guitar and then her fingers start to pour blood. I don’t even know, but it scared the fuck outta me. Had to have mommy sing me to sleep for a few nights after that :slight_smile:

When I was young, the mask from Scream used to always scare me. 'Cause that sonnuva gun SPRINTED everywhere, unlike most killers lol. I always pictured him sprinting into my room when I was trying to fall asleep.

Also, the guy from the first Jeepers Creepers movie used to scare the hell out of me. I would always imagine him landing on top of our car whenever I was riding on a dirt road at night.

When I was about 10 years old I used to wait for my parents to go to bed, then I would sneak downstairs and watch this series called ‘Unsub’. It was about a FBI forensics team that investigated serial killers.
It only ran for 8 episodes or so but it kicked off my life long love for horror movies/tv series… as well as a life long dislike for clowns. One episode had a story about a guy dressed as a clown who would lure school children into his car and they would later turn up in a shallow ditch in the forest.

Clowns suck.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I don’t remember if it was an actual movie or a small series but it was called The Plague and had the devil in it or something. All I remember is some old lady sitting on her porch looking out over this cornfield, she’s playing her guitar and then her fingers start to pour blood. I don’t even know, but it scared the fuck outta me. Had to have mommy sing me to sleep for a few nights after that :slight_smile: [/quote]

That sounds like Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ to me. The old lady represented God, or good and the Devil was played by mulletman Sheridan, above. Look familiar?