Horribly Unhealthy Perfect Human?!

Check this out! It’s an amazing transformation, I guess, but still! Some of the advice is less than desirable…

Inspiring and deterring at the same time, isn’t it?

Yeah, thats some pretty shitty advice, but the story is incredible.

That could be one of the worst advice ever. 50 marathons in 50 days?? I wouldn’t call that an example of health.

[quote]Imen de Naars wrote:
That could be one of the worst advice ever. 50 marathons in 50 days?? I wouldn’t call that an example of health. [/quote]

Why not? Thats inhuman. The fact that he can recover that quickly says volumes about his health.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Yeah, thats some pretty shitty advice, but the story is incredible.[/quote]

I disagree with your statement. I think advice like that is exactly what some people need to accomplish something. Loss of sleep? If it gets you started then good! I doubt he skips much sleep now though.

I dont’ know. Maybe he is healthier than anyone on this board. Who knows? Just keep an open mind.

Quit being jelous, not everyone needs 8 hours a night. If this guy can run 50 marathons in 50 days, with very little sleep, then that tells you something doesn’t it.

Actually, I remember reading an article where he claims he only sleeps four hours a night.

Here’s a video of him.

[quote]Imen de Naars wrote:
That could be one of the worst advice ever. 50 marathons in 50 days?? I wouldn’t call that an example of health. [/quote]

You wanna try it??

Impressive.

However, his test levels must be in the shitter. No way you can run that much and have a sex life.

Im a huge fan of Dean. Ive read his book twice.

His stamina is inhuman. Although I hate jogging more than any human on the planet, I admire his work ethic.

He does alot of things right though. He is big into resistance training, including heavy weighted pushups, pullups, squats, and is a huge, huge eater. His physique isn’t bad considering all the cardio he does, which is a testament to his eating. I know he is big into a diet closely resembling the anabolic diet and is a huge fan of fish oil.

He is quite an inspiration.

He’s nothing compared to these guys!

The Marathon Monks of Mount Hiei
http://www.trailrunnermag.com/features/feature%2019.html

Here’s a highlight -

Since 1885, 46 marathon monks have completed the 1000-day journey – an ordeal that is an option for the gyoja who passes the 100-day test. Two monks completed two full terms; another died by suicide on his 2500th day, trying to complete three terms. The majority of monks who complete these odysseys have been in their 30s. The oldest completed his 2000th day when he was 61 years old. The number of monks who actually died or committed suicide along the path is not known, but the route on Mount Hiei is lined with many unmarked gyojagraves.

When he finishes the 100 days, Kakudo can petition Hiei Headquarters to be allowed to undertake the 1000-day spiritual challenge (sennichi kaihogyo). If his petition is accepted, he must free himself from all family ties and observe a seven-year retreat on Mount Hiei. Kakudo will then commit himself to 900 more marathons over a seven-year period. The first 300 are 18- to 25-mile runs undertaken 100 days in a row, from the end of March to mid-October over three years. Starting in the fourth year, Kakudo will be allowed to wear socks with the sandals. During the fourth and fifth years, he will run 200 consecutive marathons each year and will be allowed to carry a walking stick. At the completion of the 700th marathon, Kakudo will face the greatest trial of all, called doiri – seven and half days without food, water or sleep, sitting in an upright position and chanting mantras day and night. If he lives through this trial, which brings him to the brink of death and therefore to the ultimate appreciation of life, he will have attained the Buddhist level of Saintly Master of the Severe Practice (ogyoman jari).

[quote]T-Nick wrote:
His physique isn’t bad considering all the cardio he does, which is a testament to his eating. [/quote]

We here at T-Nation will take this as a joke as even by today’s manorexic standards, 140 lbs. soaking wet isn’t a physique described as “not bad”.

[quote]carter12 wrote:
T-Nick wrote:
His physique isn’t bad considering all the cardio he does, which is a testament to his eating.

We here at T-Nation will take this as a joke as even by today’s manorexic standards, 140 lbs. soaking wet isn’t a physique described as “not bad”.[/quote]

Where did you see his weight? What about his height?

Being a middle-distance/distance runner and a fan the sport of track and field in general (including marathons), this guy brings the sport down. When he runs 50 marathons in 50 days, he’s basically jogging-walking some of them. In the running community he’s seen more as a media mongrel than a true athlete. Yes, he has good cause (Karno kids), but he gets a lot of credit for doing something that many average runners can do.

A lot of the guys that do ultra’s are looked as people too slow to run a real race, save some of the top athletes. There are average running women in races that will beat him by over 1/2 hr or more (in the same age group). Scott Jursek is a solid athlete running the ultramarathon.

Who knows though, maybe the pizza/cheesecake eating Karnazes appeals more to the T-Nation crowd than all the other distance runners.

[quote]itsthetimman wrote:
Being a middle-distance/distance runner and a fan the sport of track and field in general (including marathons), this guy brings the sport down. When he runs 50 marathons in 50 days, he’s basically jogging-walking some of them. .[/quote]

I was wondering about his running pace.

50 Marathons in 50 days is nothing to laugh at.

350 miles in 80 hours is awesome

I think I saw on his website that he’s 156 lbs.

Anyway, my point remains the same, his musculature is quite impressive for a man who does things like running 50 marathons in 50 days.

[quote]Mr90210 wrote:
We here at T-Nation will take this as a joke as even by today’s manorexic standards, 140 lbs. soaking wet isn’t a physique described as “not bad”.

I think I saw on his website that he’s 156 lbs.

Anyway, my point remains the same, his musculature is quite impressive for a man who does things like running 50 marathons in 50 days. [/quote]

The bottom line is this… he’s a lot more impressive than the picture I attached to this post which is most marathon runners.