Horrible Music

[quote]bpeloquin wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
JonBlood wrote:
Does anyone hate rap?

I do…BUT I love some hip-hop. Anybody can “rap.”

anyone can rap ? [/quote]

It is true, anyone can rap. That’s the reason why i think its crap. If someone tells me rap is good they’ll get slapped. …wow, what a coincidence.

[quote]bpeloquin wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
JonBlood wrote:
Does anyone hate rap?

Yup

Ok, maybe anyone can rap, but few can freestyle. That’s what I consider rap.

[quote]bpeloquin wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
JonBlood wrote:
Does anyone hate rap?

Yes,anyone can make words rhyme(Dr.Seuss?)…but it takes talent and some intellect to make words rhyme…along with metaphors…and still stay on track with what they are talking about. AND actually have apoint in the first place.

Basically,its like the difference between a Lupe Fiasco…versus…say…50 Cent.

For the record, I don’t even think That’s Not my Name is that horrible. It’s no different than any other pop on the radio.

Is it really any different than this:

[quote]bpeloquin wrote:
Ok, maybe anyone can rap, but few can freestyle. That’s what I consider rap. [/quote]

Oh yes,most definitely…its amazing hearing horrible freestyles from the “top artists.” Or better yet…why these “top artists” never freestyle.

[quote]dudinator wrote:
SSC wrote:
You think you’ve heard horrible music?

Not a Rick Roll, but much worse.

I could improv 3x better music than that shit.[/quote]

Yeah, you’re telling me. Sad thing is that emos are always trying to mark this off as legitimate music.

Fuck.

[quote]JonBlood wrote:
bpeloquin wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
JonBlood wrote:
Does anyone hate rap?

anyone can rap ?

It is true, anyone can rap. That’s the reason why i think its crap. If someone tells me rap is good they’ll get slapped. …wow, what a coincidence.
[/quote]

I can say the same about a lot of metal vocalists. They don’t sing, they just scream or growl. Now, don’t jump on me here as I’m a very big metal fan. However, without proper knowledge of another genre of music anybody can make the statement saying, “anybody can do this”

Dude Eli Porter is the best freestyle rapper out therre ya heard?

I the best man…I deed it.

[quote]riverhawk23 wrote:

I the best man…I deed it.[/quote]

just when I forgot about that…so wrong…“bisexual bridal shower”…lol.

[quote]Big_Boss wrote:
riverhawk23 wrote:

I the best man…I deed it.

just when I forgot about that…so wrong…“bisexual bridal shower”…lol.[/quote]

Ha!

This guys sucks, but at least he was smart enough to sample Eli Porter. That’s a genius move. Let’s see Kanye do that.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
JonBlood wrote:
bpeloquin wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
JonBlood wrote:
Does anyone hate rap?

anyone can rap ?

I can say the same about a lot of metal vocalists. They don’t sing, they just scream or growl. Now, don’t jump on me here as I’m a very big metal fan. However, without proper knowledge of another genre of music anybody can make the statement saying, “anybody can do this”

[/quote]

But metal bands have musicians. Not everyone can play drums or guitar.

Anyone can rap?

…no

[quote]Rattler wrote:
JonBlood wrote:
bpeloquin wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
JonBlood wrote:
Does anyone hate rap?

anyone can rap ?

[/quote]

I agree.

I used to dislike rapping when I was younger, but now I can appreciate the skill it takes to do it well. I love metal and rock, but to dismiss a genre of music and say that it’s simple to do, is an ignorant statement.

[quote]JonBlood wrote:
Rattler wrote:
JonBlood wrote:
bpeloquin wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
JonBlood wrote:
Does anyone hate rap?

anyone can rap ?

But metal bands have musicians. Not everyone can play drums or guitar.[/quote]

Not anybody can rap either, nor can just anybody put hours of time into perfecting a beat and other pain in the ass parts of digital production.

[quote]JonBlood wrote:
I live in the NYC area and our only half way decent rock station, K-rock has been, after eight years, replaced with a fucking dance music station. Now we’ve got nothing.[/quote]

I feel you man. I’m so fucking pissed off… KRock being gone means we’re fucked in the NYC area.

[quote]Rattler wrote:
Not anybody can rap either, nor can just anybody put hours of time into perfecting a beat and other pain in the ass parts of digital production.[/quote]

Actually, I’m willing to bet most people could make pretty decent beats if given a few hours…or at least enough people that I don’t really respect that aspect of music production.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
JonBlood wrote:
I live in the NYC area and our only half way decent rock station, K-rock has been, after eight years, replaced with a fucking dance music station. Now we’ve got nothing.

I feel you man. I’m so fucking pissed off… KRock being gone means we’re fucked in the NYC area.[/quote]

KRock started to suck towards the end anyway IMO. Where in Jersey are you from?

[quote]Ronsauce wrote:
Rattler wrote:
Not anybody can rap either, nor can just anybody put hours of time into perfecting a beat and other pain in the ass parts of digital production.

Actually, I’m willing to bet most people could make pretty decent beats if given a few hours…or at least enough people that I don’t really respect that aspect of music production.[/quote]

Creating a beat isn’t really the hard part. The idea is pretty easy, I can make beats no problem. The more difficult part is transferring your ideas into music. Have you ever actually sat down in a studio and worked on the actual production side of things?

People give producers a lot of shit, especially the guys from the electronica world, but those guys are computer friggin’ geniuses. There’s a lot of hard work in production, it’s not as easy as just laying down some kick, snares and hi-hats.

Now, I’m not defending guys like Lil’ Wayne here. I find his lyrics, his rapping talent and his production to be extremely sub par. I can honestly not find one single thing about his crap I’ve heard on the radio to be anything even remotely average. However, I will give props to people who have been in the business a lot longer and have proven themselves many times.

My final comment would still have to be, nothin beats grabbing a guitar, bass and drums and rockin’ out.

[quote]SSC wrote:
You think you’ve heard horrible music?

Not a Rick Roll, but much worse.[/quote]

i started liking it then they said it was emo and i had to shut it off