Hormone Test Results, Opinions

Last year I got my total testosterone checked. The result was around 450 in a range of 250 - 1100. My doc said he would not consider HRT given my family history of prostate cancer.

After experiencing many of the symptoms discussed here - low libido, irritable, impatient, impaired ability to concentrate, I went to a lab on my own and had more tests done. Here’s the results, followed by the reference range:

TT 522 250-1100
FT 57.3 35-155
Estrogen 289 130 or less
Estradiol 34 8-43

Obviously the estrogen is sky-high and the E2 is too high. I started taking Estogenex, which is a Chrysin based supplement 6 days ago to hopefully bring the levels down. Don’t feel improvement yet.

I have an appointment with a new doc in two weeks. I would appreciate your opinions regarding the numbers and what I should push for with this new doc.

Thanks for all the past posts regarding this subject. It motivated me to get this far and it has answered a lot of questions.

BTW - I am 50 yo, 5’11’', 205 lb., worked out very consistently for over 33 years.

E2 is a bigger treat than T for the prostate. Young guys have high T and low E and do not get prostate problems. Older guys with low T and high E have those problems. T does not cause prostate problems. But some prostate cancers one they exist can be sensitive to T and DHT.

Get a DRE and perhaps ultrasound or whatever the doc wants to do. If clean, go for the TRT.

Get on an aromatase inhibitor ASAP for the E levels. You might need something stronger than arimidex. And a SERM would help get the T levels up. Supplements are not going to solve this problem. Some do not absorb Chrysin well enough to get the job done. You may be able to skip the T for now and otherwise get very nice improvements.

So the AI should reduce E and as a result increase FT. Do you think with lower E it might increase TT?

[quote]Undone wrote:
So the AI should reduce E and as a result increase FT. Do you think with lower E it might increase TT? [/quote]

yes and yes

The HPTA feedback loop is also strongly effected by E as well. Lower E and you will get more T.

One point I would like to add - stop taking any and all supplements now. Your going to the doctor in 2 weeks. You don’t want anything in you that will skewer results.

[quote]V R wrote:
One point I would like to add - stop taking any and all supplements now. Your going to the doctor in 2 weeks. You don’t want anything in you that will skewer results. [/quote]

Great advice. I will stop today. Any ideas why my E or E2 would be that high. I have never taken any type of steroids or prohormones.

Were you taking any supplements when you had your BW done? Are you on any medication?

[quote]Devil’s lap dog wrote:
Were you taking any supplements when you had your BW done? Are you on any medication?[/quote]

no meds or suppliments other than protein shake and mutivitamin.

[quote]Undone wrote:
V R wrote:
One point I would like to add - stop taking any and all supplements now. Your going to the doctor in 2 weeks. You don’t want anything in you that will skewer results.

Great advice. I will stop today. Any ideas why my E or E2 would be that high. I have never taken any type of steroids or prohormones.[/quote]

Who knows why your e2 is high. Mine is even higher, at 43. Im only 27, in a pretty high level of fitness(basically, Im in great shape) and I carry a 7% BF. Hard to say exactly why, could be several factors.

Excessive stress, alcohol, nicotine and caffeine intake is known to elevate estradoi. Those three elements were heavily involved in my life from 18 - 23, caffeine and nicotine from 18 - 25.