Hormone Levels

Something has been going on with me recently and frankly I don’t like it. First off I’m 19 (and look 28), second off I hit puberty very early and had hair on my stomach at age 12 and Ive had chest hair and a beard since I was 13.

What I don’t like is that I’m losing and hair and feeling kind of down. I have a receding hairline and I’m thin on top, it is noticeable to others and my scalp has been sunburned before several times. I no longer have the urge to breed anything that has a vagina and I’ve noticed some performance. I’m not as hard anymore as well. I noticed the hair thing when I was 16 and denied it until about 8 months ago. I’ve been feeling kind of down, some motivation/ apathy issues at schoolwork and general life as well. Also I feel less likely to go do something stupid with all of my buddies as well and feel like less of a badass as well. I’ve never taken any T-Boosters or steroids before, only ZMA. I get about 6.5-7hrs of sleep 4 nights a week, 4 hrs of sleep 1 night a week and about 8hrs 2x a week plus an hour long nap.

Finding good protein sources and other food at the cafeteria here is impossible. The food is a shit sandwich minus the bread. I am having some blood work next week and I will post the results. What would be normal for a normal 19YO, what would be high range for a 19YO and what would be considered a low range for a 19YO? Also, should I stop taking ZMA for about a week to show what normal physiological levels would be and should I sleep like I normally do (6.5hrs) or get a full 9-10. What all should I have ordered? I have great insurance with the hospital so I can get literally anything done for next to nothing or for free.

And one last thing, for about the past week I’ve been waking up in the morning and had a sour gnawing in my stomach, not sure what it is. I’m a pre-med student taking 17 hours so my training isn’t consistent but I make it to the gym 2 times a week minimum.

Please read these stickies:

• advice for new guys
  • things that damage your hormones

Labs:
TT
FT
E2
LH/FSH
prolactin [important]
DHEA-S
TSH
fT3
fT4 [not T3, T4]
CBC
IGF-1

Thyroid is always a possibility. Many of the symptoms if hypothyroidism are the same as hypogonadism [low-T].

• do you feel/get cold easily now
  • are outer eyebrows sparse
  • is your thyroid large, asymmetric or lumpy, sore?
  • have you been using iodized salt? [important]

If hair getting ?thin on sides?, that is more that male pattern baldness.
You are a high T guys and DHT may be or was high.

Any blows to head or whiplash? When? When do you think these problems started?

Any hint of gyno?
Any reduction of width of peripheral vision [should be around 180 degrees].
Any other changes to vision?
Headaches?

What have your stress levels been? Any illnesses, infections, accidents, surgeries, major stress events?

ZMA will not matter much to labs.

Meanwhile, measure your oral body temperatures and post here:

• when you first wake up
  • middle of afternoon

Thyroid is always a possibility. Many of the symptoms if hypothyroidism are the same as hypogonadism [low-T].

• do you feel/get cold easily now
  • are outer eyebrows sparse
  • is your thyroid large, asymmetric or lumpy, sore?
  • have you been using iodized salt? [important]

If hair getting ?thin on sides?, that is more that male pattern baldness.
You are a high T guys and DHT may be or was high.

Any blows to head or whiplash? When? When do you think these problems started?

Any hint of gyno?
Any reduction of width of peripheral vision [should be around 180 degrees].
Any other changes to vision?
Headaches?

What have your stress levels been? Any illnesses, infections, accidents, surgeries, major stress events?

ZMA will not matter much to labs.

Meanwhile, measure your oral body temperatures and post here:

• when you first wake up
  • middle of afternoon

Cold maybe, eyebrows are normal, hair is thick and normal on sides, thyroid is fine. I consume moderate amounts of salt but I will inquire about whether or not if it has iodine.
No blows to head, I think Concussion in football 2 years ago but it was minor and I didn’t say anything (colors went inverted and I couldn’t hear anything for 60 secs, also was wobbly standing up and shaky feeling)
Hint of gyno maybe (1.5-2.5 on a 10pt scale) I do have large nipples and so does my 17YO brother (my mom and sister both comment about this) but we look normal and no hint of gyno in him.
Vision is fine, no headaches. Stress has always been a big part of my life. Played 4 sports in high school, worked 5 different jobs, held many responsibilities. I never lose my cool and always keep my poise. I don’t over react or get worked up about a situation so my anxiety is pretty low.
Had food poisoning 14 months and 7 months ago. Had ACL reconstruction 18 months ago.

I haven’t ever had problems putting on muscle. I can just about anything and put on mass.

I will start taking temperature but what should I be looking for?

Side note I’ve always had HUGE balls. (I’m not just trolling here either) I’m talking the size of a large grade A egg and I’m extremely hairy, I’ve developed a mane in the past 4 months, and hair on my lower lats for 2 years and EVERYTHING waist down is a wool covering. Stomach and chest are nicely covered and thick as well.

After reading about adrenal fatigue I think this is the problem. I’m still gonna have bloodwork done because its good to plus I’ll have a baseline for when I’m older. I will try to increase Omega 3 intake, get more consistent, quality, sleep and I’ll take about a 2 week break of the weights. I’ll also increase iodine consumptions as well and cut all stimulants. I’ve been running on a lot of caffeine for the past 2 months.

Lets see whats up with your thyroid, stating “thyroid is fine” at this point is not very helpful.

If AM temp is 97.8 or higher that is good. You also need to be able to hit 98.6 in the afternoon.
If you don’t get to 98.6 in the PM, that is a problem. If you are 97.3 in the AM or lower, that is a major concern. Some have one, the other or both.

fT3 regulates your body temperature by controlling mitochondrial metabolic rate in your cells. Mitochondria make ATP, the universal currency of cellular energy. So if body temps are low, everything is slowing down. The problems can be a lack of fT3 and/or rT3 reducing fT3 getting into the cells. rT3 increased with stresses, including starvation diets.

With major stress events, do you sometimes become overwhelmed? Stimulants are a risk factor in adrenal fatigue. Adrenaline junkies beware!

Overwhelmed maybe occasionally but only when I had a gun pointed to my head and being falsely accused, other than that not really.