T Nation

Hormonal Symmetry

I have been feeling like the left part of my body is representative of a higher T-level that the right part.
Or maybe that cortisol is more prominent in the right part of my body…

Here is what I’ve noticed concerning the left part of my body:

• slightly more hair
  • wider rib cage (could this be because of the stomach pushing through?)
  • chest muscles: the left one is way bigger and seems to have less fat over it.
  • my left cheek muscles are bigger

However, my right arm is stronger… maybe not bigger though.

Could this simply be because my hormonal system isn’t quite balanced and polished off yet, since I’m only 18?
Could it be related to sleep position?
Could it be related to the fact that I’m right-handed?

Is there anything I could consider improving to achieve more right/left symmetry?

Dude, nobody is split like that down the middle, hormonally-speaking. Your blood circulates through your entire body, right? So your hormones are pretty evenly distributed. It’s goofy to think the hormones collect on one side of the body versus the other.

Everyone is asymmetrical in some respect, some are just more pronounced than others. It’s normal, and isn’t worth stressing over.

Incredibly common. I’d say 95% of people in the gym are noticeably stronger, but not that much larger, on one side.

Not likely.

Maybe, but probably not.

Possibly. But again, everyone is like this, so it’s not that big a deal.

[quote]Is there anything I could consider improving to achieve more right/left symmetry?
[/quote]
Dumbbell work, catering (weight, sets, and reps) to the weaker side. “Problem” solved.