T Nation

Hormonal Causes of Low Back Fat

So I learned that this is actually related to digestive issues :slight_smile:

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:
[/quote]

How so? Is there a standard procedure for correcting issue?

[quote]eggers wrote:

[/quote]

How so? Is there a standard procedure for correcting issue?[/quote]

Yeah curious as to this as well

Basically got into it with my coach and then experimented across the board with several of my clients who have a similar issue. I have one who is beyond pure paleo, a paleo Nazi, but still has the lower back fat and cant shake it. Ran BioSig and some other investigative questionnaires by her and it showed that gut health was a major issue. Gastric, small intestine and pancreas. She also had adrenal problems. Basically decided to up probiotics through different pathways, add some digestive enzymes in, as well as glutamine and help with liver. She did show signs of being toxic so we will have to run a cleanse too at some point.

Basically got into it with my coach and then experimented across the board with several of my clients who have a similar issue. I have one who is beyond pure paleo, a paleo Nazi, but still has the lower back fat and cant shake it. Ran BioSig and some other investigative questionnaires by her and it showed that gut health was a major issue. Gastric, small intestine and pancreas. She also had adrenal problems. Basically decided to up probiotics through different pathways, add some digestive enzymes in, as well as glutamine and help with liver. She did show signs of being toxic so we will have to run a cleanse too at some point. [/quote]

Interesting. I’ve been meaning to take a probiotic because of JM’s recommendations, now I just have further reason. Thanks.